TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 racing stripes vs other years

The skinny stripes are optional. If you upfit to the SVT Performance Package, you get the skinny stripes.

I personally think they look goofy. I'd option the SVT package with a stripe delete if I was in the market now.

The skinny stripes are optional. If you upfit to the SVT Performance Package, you get the skinny stripes.

I personally think they look goofy. I'd option the SVT package with a stripe delete if I was in the market now.

I went with a stripe delete 2011 SVTPP and I am in the process of having the standard stripes made to put on it....I just cant swallow the skinny stripes!!!

I've got a '10, and am trading for an '11. Agreed - the skinny stripes don't do much for me - I'd really wanted to duplicate the '10 - Kona Blue w/ white stripe, but the options with the SVTPP are SO limited. I wanted a stripe so I'd get the striped seats on the interior - just to break up the black/graphite.

Chose Grabber Blue w/ white stripe. I'll enjoy it greatly, nonetheless!

When I first saw early release photos of the narrow stripes I didn't like them. I do like the fact that the narrow stripes indicate a SVTPP car. Now owning a new 2011 SVTPP car with the narrow stripes I think it makes the wide ones look sort of dated.

You really need to see them on a car. They look much different vs. a picture. Each to their own though. These stangers all are wonderful cars.

When I first saw early release photos of the narrow stripes I didn't like them. I do like the fact that the narrow stripes indicate a SVTPP car. Now owning a new 2011 SVTPP car with the narrow stripes I think it makes the wide ones look sort of dated.

You really need to see them on a car. They look much different vs. a picture. Each to their own though. These stangers all are wonderful cars.

I agree with you. In the winter when ordering the car with the SVT pkg. my vision of the stripes was, well lets just say it wasn't positive. I ordered the car with the stripes for the interior as well as a template for my mod stripes. When I first saw my car it was love at first sight! I loved the factory stripes, and what was going to be my first mod, I will never change.

I have seen the SVT stripes in person and still don't like them. :nonono:

IMO Besides the great look of the classic stripes its the tradition and legacy it carries.

Here are the results of the Poll I submitted back on May 21.

Poll: SVT Stripes and wheels (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the thin stripes/wheels or would you opt out

1. Love the SVT stripes (16 votes [11.68%] - View)

2. Hate the SVT stripes (21 votes [15.33%] - View)

3. Want SVT package with traditional stripes (23 votes [16.79%] - View)

4. Love the SVT wheels (29 votes [21.17%] - View)

5. Hate the SVT wheels (9 votes [6.57%] - View)

6. Want SVT package with stock 19" wheels (7 votes [5.11%] - View)

7. Want SVT package with stripped shift knob (15 votes [10.95%] - View)

8. Love the SVT package as offered (11 votes [8.03%] - View)

9. Voted Did not order SVT package becasue of stripes/wheels (1 votes [0.73%] - View)

10. Want SVT package w/more stripe color options (5 votes [3.65%] - View)

10. Want SVT package w/more stripe color options (5 votes [3.65%] - View)

This is why I ordered my Sterling Gray with stripe delete. The only color choice with the SVTPP was red. I wished they would have offered silver stripes with the SVTPP.

This is why I ordered my Sterling Gray with stripe delete. The only color choice with the SVTPP was red. I wished they would have offered silver stripes with the SVTPP.

They only offer Kona Blue in red too. At least they could offer white and silver as well.

I wonder how much the regular stripes cost if you buy them afterwards and install?

Depends on the color combo. I love the look of the SVT stripes as it look more racy and less dated then the non PP stripes. I went with the stripe delete on my Ingot Silver because i'm not a fan of red stripes on silver but I would of definetly gotten them if they came in SVT white or SVT gray.

Hated them at first from the pictures. In fact I hated them so much I ordered a second car with the traditional stripes.

Then the car with the SVT stripes came in first...it was love at first site. They are fantastic in person and really "grow" on you.

I didn't like them in the pics. I can live with the white stripes now that I have seen them in person, but still prefer the wide stripe. The red thin stripe option does not work for me except for the stripes in the seat. Either way I would not balk at someone who ordered the SVTPP and wanted to keep the stripes. I also have a hard time with a complete stripe delete though. Personally, if I was to order one I would probably keep the stripes to get the seat stripes and the side stripes and then have the over the to stripes removed (unless it was red stripes then I would have all external stripes removed) and replaced with painted on wide stripes in the color of my choosing.

Hated having to order my stripes in Red (wanted silver) but they are so much better for the fact they are two tone, and like no other stripes on any car out there. I see stripes on so many cars these days, but none as good as the stripes on mine.

Even at Summit racing the two guys with GT500s who checked mine out said they liked the new stripes better. But yeah I'm sure our cars grow on us, no matter what stripes or color we have ( =

Hated having to order my stripes in Red (wanted silver) but they are so much better for the fact they are two tone, and like no other stripes on any car out there. I see stripes on so many cars these days, but none as good as the stripes on mine.

Even at Summit racing the two guys with GT500s who checked mine out said they liked the new stripes better. But yeah I'm sure our cars grow on us, no matter what stripes or color we have ( =

Of all the SVT Package color combos I like the black and red the best. I saw it in person and it was much better then I thought. However, there is no way in hell I'd get Kona and red. I ain't Supermaning my ride.

I saw a 2011 the other day and the first thing I noticed was how different the over the top stripes were in terms of width compared to the 2007-2010 models. I wondered what people thought about the change? Better, indifferent, other?

Here we go again!!! Me whinin. Ya the stripes are too narrow. I went for the svt/white over stripe. I will make the call when I see it. If I don't like off they come. I would be interested to see the #s of people that will alter the svt stripe package for the wider ones aftermarket. I have been put in my place about the svt pp wheels. Don't like those either. Why mess with a good thing?

I've got a '10, and am trading for an '11. Agreed - the skinny stripes don't do much for me - I'd really wanted to duplicate the '10 - Kona Blue w/ white stripe, but the options with the SVTPP are SO limited. I wanted a stripe so I'd get the striped seats on the interior - just to break up the black/graphite.

Chose Grabber Blue w/ white stripe. I'll enjoy it greatly, nonetheless!

Very good choice on the color! Mine also.

I didn't like them in the pics. I can live with the white stripes now that I have seen them in person, but still prefer the wide stripe. The red thin stripe option does not work for me except for the stripes in the seat. Either way I would not balk at someone who ordered the SVTPP and wanted to keep the stripes. I also have a hard time with a complete stripe delete though. Personally, if I was to order one I would probably keep the stripes to get the seat stripes and the side stripes and then have the over the to stripes removed (unless it was red stripes then I would have all external stripes removed) and replaced with painted on wide stripes in the color of my choosing.

I am currently looking at the aftermarket stripe option myself. I have a 2011 Kona Blue SVTPP with stripe delete. I am looking into a couple of options:

1. No Stripes (The Kona Blue actually looks pretty clean without them)

2. Flat Black Stripes

3. Gunmetal Stripes (Match the SVTPP rim color)

4. Flat Black with Gunmetal accents.

5. Rocker Panel only. No over the top stripes.

I will probably post a poll to see what kind of responses I get. Its hard to make a decision without seeing it in person. I might try and take a picture of a Kona Blue with stripes and photoshop it with different colors.

I never liked the thin stripes. I was thinking WTH was Ford thinking when I first saw pictures of it. I saw it in person at the car show and it was just as dissapointing. The car looked boring and and did not have the presence Shelby's normally have. I would be forced to do the stripe delete if the only way I could get the car is with the SVT stripes. I realize everyone has different taste but I don't think the thin stripes even come close the the wide ones.

Didn't like them in the pix...but then I saw them in person and...still didn't lke them....but I'm a traditional guy. I don't like the position of the Cobra on the front grille either. To me if the Tribar or cobra aren't on the driver's side, then it just doesn't look right.

JMO

I hated the fatass striping on my '09, so off they went.

IMG_6858.jpg?t=1279165954

IMG_6840.jpg

The color looks sooo much richer without them.

That said, I really dig the narrower '11 stripes. The give the car a leaner, meaner edge than the fatties.

Tob

I never liked the thin stripes. I was thinking WTH was Ford thinking when I first saw pictures of it. I saw it in person at the car show and it was just as dissapointing. The car looked boring and and did not have the presence Shelby's normally have. I would be forced to do the stripe delete if the only way I could get the car is with the SVT stripes. I realize everyone has different taste but I don't think the thin stripes even come close the the wide ones.

Ford was thinking quite a bit about the stripes. They were changed to match the stripes of the Ford GT Racer (40) which ties in with the heritage of the new all aluminum engine which comes from the GT car. It wasn't just a whim to do something different, but has a purpose. Now that I have mine, I think they look great and actually fit the car better than the wide stripes.

Ford was thinking quite a bit about the stripes. They were changed to match the stripes of the Ford GT Racer (40) which ties in with the heritage of the new all aluminum engine which comes from the GT car. It wasn't just a whim to do something different, but has a purpose. Now that I have mine, I think they look great and actually fit the car better than the wide stripes.

Agreed, didn't like them at first but now I like them a lot. Only problem is I want to swap my 2010 for a 2011 with SVT pack. Sometimes I think I'm a marketers dream come true..

Agreed, didn't like them at first but now I like them a lot. Only problem is I want to swap my 2010 for a 2011 with SVT pack. Sometimes I think I'm a marketers dream come true..

I know I am. This '11 is my 3 GT 500 (2 '07s) :drool: Family thinks I need counseling :confused:

Like a glove, baby. Like a glove...

Just joshin' ya dude. Thanks for being a good sport, cuz plenty of guys get bent out of shape when you poke at their babies.

Your car looks killer. Nice color combo, by the way. ;)

Just joshin' ya dude. Thanks for being a good sport, cuz plenty of guys get bent out of shape when you poke at their babies.

Your car looks killer. Nice color combo, by the way. ;)

Working in construction for much of my life I'm constantly reminded as to how much of a prerequisite thick skin is. I appreciate the kind words regarding the car. So back at ya - I always follow your posts with interest.

As to the topic at hand (and not to derail) my intent is merely to bring to the surface the fact that these cars have such beautiful lines without any tacky, taped on stripes.

IMG_6866.jpg?t=1279317338

IMG_6878.jpg?t=1279317797

IMG_6861.jpg

I could drown in the deep sea of vista blue as it rolls along the factory hood. Adding one dimensional parallel striping, while interesting and historic, serve only to distract and detract from what is a naturally beautiful body, IMHO. That said, I do like the striping change as instituted on the '11 performance package cars, for example. Subtlety never comes across as being overbearing.

Walk softly but carry a big stick...words I try to live by.

Tob

Archived