TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mysterious Plug/Harness. Help Needed...

Does anyone know the purpose of this mysterious plug/harness? It is not connected to anything and was tucked under the chin splitter on the passenger side of the vehicle. I first noticed it while installing HID fog lamps a few months ago. As I was not experiencing any issues with the car, I simply placed it back under the splitter and forgot about it. Well, I ran into again while installing the temperature sensor for my Gentex mirror and now Im curious. I originally thought that it may be a retrofitted harness for cars without HIDs, now Im not so sure as it is only on the passenger side.... Does anybody else have this harness, or know of its purpose? Thank you.

post-25950-127887060821_thumb.jpg

post-25950-127887061293_thumb.jpg

post-25950-127887061754_thumb.jpg

post-25950-127887062411_thumb.jpg

post-25950-127887060821_thumb.jpg

post-25950-127887061293_thumb.jpg

post-25950-127887061754_thumb.jpg

post-25950-127887062411_thumb.jpg

Your picture looks like the passenger side. The windshield washer tank is right there. It could be the connector for the washer fluid pump or the low washer fluid sensor. My other guess would be one of the front lights, but It does't look familiar from when I did my front end swap.

First off... Thanks to all of you who responded! I really appreciate it.

I went from curious to concerned. I started to take some of the front end components off the car in search of the lost connector. It was easily found once I removed the radiator cover. The harness was a perfect fit to an unidentified part, as well as the two push pins that secure the wire to the lower radiator frame.

Now I have a few new questions... what is this part pictured behind the grill and in front of the radiator on the driver’s side. It is round and shaped like a coffee can. It has a coolant hose connected at one end with the wire harness connected on the other end. It looks to be some typed of pump... possibly the heat exchanger pump. If the purpose of this part is to serve as some type of cooling enhancement device, then why was my car running in the “cool” 1/4 range as registered on the dash coolant gauge? Additionally, why didn’t the lack of connection display a code? Lastly, what damage could result from it being disconnected. I haven't ran the car hard since ownership and it is operating perfectly.

NOTE: I purchased this car new (untitled) from a Ford dealership last year. It currently has 550 miles on it. I have been the only person to worked on it to my knowledge. It would appear that the car left the factory without this harness being connected.

Thanks again!

post-25950-127897571081_thumb.jpg

post-25950-127897571612_thumb.jpg

post-25950-127897572707_thumb.jpg

post-25950-12789757321_thumb.jpg

post-25950-12789758353_thumb.jpg

post-25950-127897571081_thumb.jpg

post-25950-127897571612_thumb.jpg

post-25950-127897572707_thumb.jpg

post-25950-12789757321_thumb.jpg

post-25950-12789758353_thumb.jpg

part pictured behind the grill and in front of the radiator on the driver’s side. It is round and shaped like a coffee can. It has a coolant hose connected at one end with the wire harness connected on the other end. It looks to be some typed of pump.

It seems that a post got lost. I'm sure someone suggested the intercooler pump. If the wires are white/red and black, that's what it is.

Your car is going to have about 50 more HP with a working IC pump!!!

50 more horses... NICE!

So much for "Job 1". :banghead:

Yeah... I'm baffled how this harness was left hanging down the inside of the front fender sitting on the splitter. It's obvious that it was never connected as I had to fish it through several "cut-outs", and run it along a support rail to the HE pump. It didnt just fall off.

Your car is going to have about 50 more HP with a working IC pump!!!

Hmm.

I think I better check mine. I've always thought the car was down on power but I've always blamed it on the altitude in Co. Springs, CO.

Probably is but can't hurt to check.

Thanks,

Phill

Is the pump upgraded as well... or will it work with the AFCO?

Stock pump works just fine in all H/E's. Stock, Shelby, VTS, AFCO, Steeda ect ect. It is 4gpm if I remember correctly. Mezeire puts out an upgraded pump that does 55gpm. It is wicked (yea..I installed it). IMO you would spend your money more wisely on getting a H/E with dual fans on it rather than upgrading the intercooler pump.

Stock pump works just fine in all H/E's. Stock, Shelby, VTS, AFCO, Steeda ect ect. It is 4gpm if I remember correctly. Mezeire puts out an upgraded pump that does 55gpm. It is wicked (yea..I installed it). IMO you would spend your money more wisely on getting a H/E with dual fans on it rather than upgrading the intercooler pump.

Sounds good... Thanks

Archived