TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rusty Butt Club or Butt Spa for Fontech

Fontech

Well, I am finally a member of the Rusty Butt Club or Butt Spa. The job was done this last Friday at Alex’s Shop in Palm Springs, CA. Since my stang was there, I also had most of my fluids changed. The engine oil, tranny and brakes fluids. The tranny and brakes were the original fluids when I purchased it back in March 2005. I had 34,600 when it arrived at Alex’s Shop.

Per Garrett (Spelling?) all three fluids were pretty bad. I am glad that this service could also be done there.

Photos of the job being completed will be posted by Alex. Reason? We were up late Friday night talking and drinking and doing shots. By the time we back to his shop Garrett had already put the stang back together and took photos on Alex’s camera.

Dan and Laura also were there Friday night, which was GREAT and we all really talking about our lives and of course out stangs.

Before Photos...

2010ButtSpaAtAlexsShop_002.jpg

2010ButtSpaAtAlexsShop_001.jpg

Before Garrett grinding off the rust...

2010ButtSpaAtAlexsShop_005.jpg

2010ButtSpaAtAlexsShop_004.jpg

2010ButtSpaAtAlexsShop_003.jpg

Garrett grinding off the rust...

2010ButtSpaAtAlexsShop_006.jpg

2010ButtSpaAtAlexsShop_007.jpg

2010ButtSpaAtAlexsShop_009.jpg

2010ButtSpaAtAlexsShop_008.jpg

2010ButtSpaAtAlexsShop_010.jpg

A Very Happy Customer,

Tom

In this photo is were the tranny has been leaking to the value. Alex had already installed his KR Rear Breather Tank on his 2010. With his customer service and wanting the customer to be happy, he had Garrett remove his tank and install it on my stang. Again, look at the leaking of the valve. This would be a needed item for your Shelby's...

2010ButtSpaAtAlexsShop_003.jpg

Thanks Alex for the KR Rear Breather Tank...

Tom

Thank goodness ford painted the so-called butt end of the 2011's. Must be listening to the consumer finally! My 2010 started to do that after only 8 months of owning it. It has since gone down the road ( :( )..... but for an 11. I hope this butt end will hold up better!

Sorry for the delay all. I was busy with family until now.

Had a great time with Tom, Dan, and Laura on Friday night. It is nice for a change to get together with friends from Team Shelby when we don;t have a deadline, or a specific time to wake up. Great times.

Here are the finished photos of Tom's beautiful car's underside that my worker took after underside cleaning while we were still sleeping.....

100_0001-14.jpg

100_0002-11.jpg

100_0003-8.jpg

100_0004-10.jpg

100_0005-10.jpg

100_0006-1.jpg

100_0007.jpg

100_0008.jpg

Alex

No worries...Rob...PG-13...LOL

John ( Flyboy) I have pictures in my GT500 build of the KR reservoir installation on my car. My worker took the pictures of this build and didn't show detailed photos of it in the pictures he took.

Rick (pottydr) I am ready when you are for both or one car at a time for your RBST treatment and anything else you want done, then you can see your sister too. I only have 2 big projects that will take more than 5 days this summer, so I can fit you in, just call me.

Tom, I am glad you get to see your clean butt and driveshaft now...LOL Had a great time with you all this weekend....

Here are some more pictures my worker took of Tom's gorgeous engine compartment...

101_7767.jpg

101_7768.jpg

101_7769.jpg

101_7770.jpg

Alex

Thank goodness ford painted the so-called butt end of the 2011's. Must be listening to the consumer finally! My 2010 started to do that after only 8 months of owning it. It has since gone down the road ( sad.gif )..... but for an 11. I hope this butt end will hold up better!

The dealer basically through in the treatment when I bought my 10 and my window tint. I also had them finish the underside of the chasis, silicone all the rubber parts, do the brake calipers and sound proof the wheel wells for $150.00 extra.

No worries...Rob...PG-13...LOL

John ( Flyboy) I have pictures in my GT500 build of the KR reservoir installation on my car. My worker took the pictures of this build and didn't show detailed photos of it in the pictures he took.

Rick (pottydr) I am ready when you are for both or one car at a time for your RBST treatment and anything else you want done, then you can see your sister too. I only have 2 big projects that will take more than 5 days this summer, so I can fit you in, just call me.

Tom, I am glad you get to see your clean butt and driveshaft now...LOL Had a great time with you all this weekend....

Here are some more pictures my worker took of Tom's gorgeous engine compartment...

101_7767.jpg

101_7768.jpg

101_7769.jpg

101_7770.jpg

Alex

Very unique! I love the color scheme and pony in the flames. One of the best engine bays I've seen. Where do I begin?

Archived