TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bullitt Dash makes appearance in Shelby

Ever since I got my Shelby GT I have been wanting a nicer appearance on my interior so I have been searching for alternatives. I decided that I didn't want the stick on dashes. So I searched for a bit and came up with this. Tell me what you think! Night pictures suck!

Before

01ffda36.jpg

a640cf55.jpg

After

6d46e7b9.jpg

fa18353e.jpg

Gotta lose the emblem. It's terribly tacky and way overkill.

The dash pieces themselves aren't my cup of tea either honestly, but the whole package would look infinitely better without the $10 eBay emblem stuck to the airbag cover.

The dash pieces themselves aren't my cup of tea either honestly, but the whole package would look infinitely better without the $10 eBay emblem stuck to the airbag cover.

I appreciate your opinion but I really like the Supercharged badge on the dash, at least for now it will stay.

+1

Interesting. I kind of like the plated look- it's similar to the IUP ones, but to the next level. Maybe it's just me, but it gives the car some 67-68 styling.

BTW, WidAzCat is spot on with the emblem- it is a safetly hazard. I really don't care what you want to put on the dash- it's your car- but I would strongly recommend using vinyl lettering in place of the metal emblem. This way the vinyl would tear in the event of an airbag deployment.

Interesting. I kind of like the plated look- it's similar to the IUP ones, but to the next level. Maybe it's just me, but it gives the car some 67-68 styling.

BTW, WidAzCat is spot on with the emblem- it is a safetly hazard. I really don't care what you want to put on the dash- it's your car- but I would strongly recommend using vinyl lettering in place of the metal emblem. This way the vinyl would tear in the event of an airbag deployment.

I like it too. I'm willing to bet yours is unique.

It's a great point about the safety factor, though....

+ 1

As AzCat has already mentioned, you really should reconsider the placement of the "Supercharged" emblem on the air bag cover. I understand that it's something that you like, but perhaps you could stick it to the dash just below the cover. The airbag deploys at the speed of sound, and that emblem would impale itself in your passinger's face or chest.

The other benefit of lowering the emblem down to the black panel and off the "machined" Bullit panel IMO, would be that the emblem would stand out better on the dark background.

+1 gotta agree with the others here. Lose the supercharged emblem. I'm one to talk (see my mod list) but sometimes less is more.

The Bullitt dash is nice a upgrade as I have a kit sitting in garage and plan to swap it in for my IUP as I really like the satin bezels over the chrome.

So where are you at in WI?? I am just east of Lake Geneva

Fond du Lac for me!

In all honesty my wife loves the badge and was originally her idea, but after further deliberation she has decided that she don't want to killed by it. I personally like it there alot, but you guys are right about the saftey hazard part. Never even crossed my mind till you guys said something. I guess that is what you are here for!

f4f1e010.jpg

Looks clean and right move because of the safety issue. Where did you find the dash kit?

Found it on ebay. Guy bought it to go into his Mustang and totalled it before putting it in. We was asking 375, i offered him 300 and he took it! Now I just got to get rid of the rest of the chrome shit in my car!

So how long did it take to do the swap?? I assume the most time consuming aspect was pulling the airbag and swapping that cover, correct?

Ebay is the place as I picked up mine (less the airbag cover), for 115 shipped. And the airbag cover ran my like 85 from Tousley Ford.

So how long did it take to do the swap?? I assume the most time consuming aspect was pulling the airbag and swapping that cover, correct?

Ebay is the place as I picked up mine (less the airbag cover), for 115 shipped. And the airbag cover ran my like 85 from Tousley Ford.

The airbag has to be pulled to get the center vents and the passenger side outer vent out. Honestly the most time consuming part was the center vent for me anyways because you have to pull the radio bezel because of a tab the connects the two pieces in the center vent part. I think it took me and a buddy of mine 1 to 1 1/2 hours but we were trying to be extra careful. Especially with the airbag. I can some instructions for airbag removal if anyone is interested. I think the airbag took like 20 minutes to remove! All in all, pretty easy mod if time is taken!

Please post up those airbag removal instructions as I plan to do this fairly soon.

I looked around quite a bit before I found directions I thought were easy enough to follow! This is what I did!

1. Un hook the battery. I did both terminals.

2. Remove the glove box cover. 4 screws on the bottom and push the 2 tabs inwards and it comes out.

3. Reach in and unplug the airbag.

4. pull out the 2 screws that hold the airbag to the metal frame.

5. push the 6 bottom clips inwards.

6. Then do the sides.

7. The top is hard to reach, so you push the top drivers side 2 clips inwards and then dio the others the best you can.

8. From the outside, slowly pull on the airbag cover from the drivers side first working your way to the passenger side. It comes right out very easly that way. I did not have to force it all. Just slow pressure.

9. Then set the airbag cover on a towell so you don't scratch the front. Remove the airbag unit and put it in the other cover.

10. The cover pops right back in the dash very easy. It just clicks right in.

11. Put the screws back in and plug the bag back in, put the glove box door on and connect the battery.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. Looks way better without the emblem. You did ask what we thought!

If that particular bag deploys, it will open like barn doors split sideways down the middle. I work for a company that is involved in the airbags. I can tell you the OEM companies even have to test the PAINT that is on the dashboard airbags to make sure that it doesn't crack or sliver and take out an eye. Good move on the emblem removal.

On the other hand, I do like the engine turned aluminum look. Would love to see it in person. Nice way to do something unique!

Archived