TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Huge surprise at Denbeste Motorsports open house

MMcGuirk

Tom Dankel ( CaliKR ) Tom Wills ( Shelby Tom ), Shelby Tom's son Aaron and I had a small cruise today from San Jose to Denbeste's open house in Windsor CA.

Besides getting to get up close and personal with an amazing collection of Shelbys and Fords, Bill treated everyone to a fantastic surprise - Carroll and Cleo Shelby (and the wonderful Ms. Jenni Shreves) were there!

About 100 or so of us were admiring Bill's great cars when the Shelbys and Jenni rolled in in a golf cart. Carroll looked great and was in good spirits. He spent as much time as needed to chat with everyone. What a great treat.

Thank you Carroll and thank you Bill for being a great host.

Awesome!

Denbeste produces the Shelby wine. Tasty :)

Bill gave everyone in attendance a bottle of his 2004 Alexander Valley Old Vine Zinfandel.

I just want to thank Bill and his entire staff at Denbeste for a GREAT afternoon.

Not only is his collection of Shelby Automobiles amazing, his hospitality was outstanding, there was a great Bar-B-Que lunch, a bottle of their own 2004 Zinfandel for everyone and to top off the afternoon the man himself Carroll Shelby and his wife Cleo were in attendance.

Thanks Bill for a GREAT day of cars!

Tom Dankel ( CaliKR ) Tom Wills ( Shelby Tom ), Shelby Tom's son Aaron and I had a small cruise today from San Jose to Denbeste's open house in Windsor CA.

Besides getting to get up close and personal with an amazing collection of Shelbys and Fords, Bill treated everyone to a fantastic surprise - Carroll and Cleo Shelby (and the wonderful Ms. Jenni Shreves) were there!

About 100 or so of us were admiring Bill's great cars when the Shelbys and Jenni rolled in in a golf cart. Carroll looked great and was in good spirits. He spent as much time as needed to chat with everyone. What a great treat.

NOT one of my better decisions to bag out on this trip. :banghead:

Yes, thanx to the Denbestes (Bill & Lori), Carroll, Cleo & Jenni, as well as Norcal SAAC for a wonderful afternoon!

Qwik pic of Carroll and a partial of the Denbeste collection (pics taken with cel, a tad blurry)

Carroll.jpg

Denbeste.jpg

Carroll.jpg

Denbeste.jpg

NOT one of my better decisions to bag out on this trip. :banghead:

Bum deal for me too Andy! I ended up on a last minute tour of the 'intermountain West' and just got back home.

Sounds like an awesome time and I wish I could have gone. Any pics?

Hey Michael,

Did you think to ask Mr. Shelby when you might expect your GT 350? It must at least have crossed your mind . . . .

Jim

Hey Michael,

Did you think to ask Mr. Shelby when you might expect your GT 350? It must at least have crossed your mind . . . .

Jim

Michael had a good chat with Mr. Shelby, but i'll let him tell the story....

IMG_0270.JPG

IMG_0270.JPG

Hey Michael,

Jim

Jim

had a real nice discussion on the car with Carroll. I will share the details with you the next time we speak.

Talk to you soon,

MM

Yes, thanx to the Denbestes (Bill & Lori), Carroll, Cleo & Jenni, as well as Norcal SAAC for a wonderful afternoon!

Qwik pic of Carroll and a partial of the Denbeste collection (pics taken with cel, a tad blurry)

What a treat. Those cars look like models. What a collection. Thanks for sharing.

Archived