TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 SVT wheels

shelbynuts

Would it be crazy if I wanted to put the original version of the 2010 gt 500 wheel on the SVT package 2011. I suppose this compromises the handling of the SVT package. But those damn wheels are not right. Especially on the grabber blue. I just like the 5 spoke style better!

Originally, when I saw a black n' white photo of the 2011 SVT PP wheels in the Ford GT500 order guide, I didn't like them one bit! However, just like the initial reaction to the back end of the 2010/11, once you spend some time around the real thing, it does grow on you. Same thing with the PP wheels. I've seen several new PP Shelby's and I think they're just perfect for the SVTPP and visually represent all the great changes to the 2011 (since many of them are stripe delete units). The only practical criticism I have versus the 2010 wheels is the lip at the bottom of each spoke running the circumference. This may be a design factor to beef up the rim... but I can see where it's probably a pain to keep the deep corners clean. A small price to pay considering the performance enhancements IMO.

Well, if you do change them, I would venture to say that there would be no less than 4 dozen people here that would disagree with your feelings about the SVT wheels, and would line up to buy them off of you in a heartbeat, sorry hoofbeat.

The gearing was changed to match the larger wheels / tires, so your gearing and speedometer would be off. Unless you are buying the SVT package for the stripes, I would just not bother with the option if you are getting rid of the PP wheels / tires.

Originally, when I saw a black n' white photo of the 2011 SVT PP wheels in the Ford GT500 order guide, I didn't like them one bit! However, just like the initial reaction to the back end of the 2010/11, once you spend some time around the real thing, it does grow on you.

I sure am glad that Fugly Butt never grew on me............... :hysterical:

Well, if you do change them, I would venture to say that there would be no less than 4 dozen people here that would disagree with your feelings about the SVT wheels, and would line up to buy them off of you in a heartbeat, sorry hoofbeat.

Well! I didn't say I was gonna sell the 2011 wheels. And ur statement is a good one! Brings to light other opinions! Glad u responded and will see how I like those donuts on this new car. And yes. Sounds like more money than brains. I was gonna buy the 2010 wheels/tires and swap for car shows just for SAGs. But then I would run into a guy like u that would point out the fact that the wheels and car don't match based on package. I think I'll just stick to the basics.

I love the 2011 SVT GT500, the smaller stripes were my only issue at first, but even those have grew on me. LOVE the Kona with Red Stripes.

Grabber blue baby! Grabber blue!

Alright guys!!!!! I get the picture and will quit whining. I will take ur word for it since my wife says I have a mental condition. U know. OCC disorder with the older pp wheel style. I give UP!

They are not that bad.

[2011GT500014.jpg

AAAAHHHHHH! Man! That GB car is sweet!!!!!! W/O the wheels though. They are to busy! DETRACTS from the body. I must get used to them.

The SVT wheels look harder to clean.

They don't just look it, they are difficult to clean! However, the color being what it is, you cannot tell when they are dirty.

Try to price a set of those wheels... Holy Bat Crap for sure! I like them...

Sticker shock for sure eh! I might sill buy a set of the 10' pp wheels just for SAG.

Yeah, I know - my eyes are bad now from staring at all the numbers...

fve0iq.gif

Right on! Dude... U ever watch the movie Slap Shot! U might need a pair of glasses like the twins wore!!!! :hysterical3:

Right on! Dude... U ever watch the movie Slap Shot! U might need a pair of glasses like the twins wore!!!! :hysterical3:

None of the OEM wheels Ford has put on these cars are great. If you don't like them, put on a sweet set of aftermarket wheels......there are so many great ones to choose from.. I have the 20" Shelby "Razors'................love 'em!!!!!!!

I didn't like them that much when they first came out as well, but they definately grew on me and I really like them now!!

But even though lighter then the 2010 wheels i still do prefer my wheels to the 11's.....I would be happy with them if I was to buy an 11 though, thats for sure....Now those thin stripes thats a different story(not a fan) :dance:

wheels are a very personal thing, but i love the SVT wheels. i have the same style and color on my daily driver and a huge bonus is they always look clean because they are the same color as brake dust. but yeah, they are a pain to clean.

• 11 months later...

wheels are a very personal thing, but i love the SVT wheels. i have the same style and color on my daily driver and a huge bonus is they always look clean because they are the same color as brake dust. but yeah, they are a pain to clean.

haha...just cleaned mine today. I have a sterling gray mustang and I like how they look.

I do have a question though...what is the best way to get these wheels to shine. Do you use traditional wheel polishers that are for chrome or aluminum...or do you use something different?

They are fugly.... i wouldnt take a 2011-2012 anyways.... the back looks fat and ugly them taillights are ugly and from what i heard they are pretty heavy * I hope we can be mature and not take this to heart*

Archived