TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New 3'' cat back or New axle back

CobraKaz

Which is the best way to get a better sound from the exhaust ? Would a 3'' set up be too loud ? I have afriend who had a Roush axle back and that sounded awesome , now he added an off road X . The sound is fantstic but a little loud . Whats the ideal set up

Edited by CobraKaz

Which is the best way to get a better sound from the exhaust ? Would a 3'' set up be too loud ? I have afriend who had a Roush axle back and that sounded awesome , now he added an off road X . The sound is fantstic but a little loud . Whats the ideal set up

Axle back if everything else is stock.

I love my Roush axle-back.........so why not go with a catted X (or H) if the O/R is a bit too loud?

Mine is a 2010 . Any particular brand or size ?

I am using Magnaflow X w/Hi-flow Cats and the STOCK '10 mufflers. Just get an X Pipe w/Cats to replace stock X, should be 2 1/2". There is someone on SVTperformance site using the Lethal Catted X with STOCK '10 mufflers and likes the sound, don't remember who he is though. Also, someone over there just put on Dynatech L/T w/Catted X and Stock '10 mufflers with a sound clip. Sounds good. Oh and Lethal uses Magnaflow Cats I think, but they costs less $$$.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/709047-dynatech-long-tubes-catted-x-pipe.html

It's a good sounding muffler for stock once you get rid of stock cats. Those cats really quiet the exhaust. Sounds much better than my stock '09 mufflers with same setup, I tried those first but they were too quiet still.

I am using Magnaflow X w/Hi-flow Cats and the STOCK '10 mufflers. Just get an X Pipe w/Cats to replace stock X, should be 2 1/2". There is someone on SVTperformance site using the Lethal Catted X with STOCK '10 mufflers and likes the sound, don't remember who he is though. Also, someone over there just put on Dynatech L/T w/Catted X and Stock '10 mufflers with a sound clip. Sounds good. Oh and Lethal uses Magnaflow Cats I think, but they costs less $$$.

http://www.svtperfor...ted-x-pipe.html

It's a good sounding muffler for stock once you get rid of stock cats. Those cats really quiet the exhaust. Sounds much better than my stock '09 mufflers with same setup, I tried those first but they were too quiet still.

Love that sound . The Long tube route is something i could not do . Trouble for me though is where i live . The nearest " Speed shop " that i would trust is a good 7 hour drive .

Love that sound . The Long tube route is something i could not do . Trouble for me though is where i live . The nearest " Speed shop " that i would trust is a good 7 hour drive .

I drove nearly twice that far to have mine done. Make a road trip out of it and see something new.

I drove nearly twice that far to have mine done. Make a road trip out of it and see something new.

I just did the trip 2 weeks back when the car hit the dyno .

Wife's not keen on me doing any mods to this car as I went a little " overboard " on my 97 Cobra . I just want more " sound " to the Car . Who makes ( decent price ) a good set of high flow cats for these cars .

I just did the trip 2 weeks back when the car hit the dyno .

Wife's not keen on me doing any mods to this car as I went a little " overboard " on my 97 Cobra . I just want more " sound " to the Car . Who makes ( decent price ) a good set of high flow cats for these cars .

May I recommend you accomplish your sound goals with axle backs rather than hi-flow cats. Sound tends to get a little raspy otherwise.