TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford factory car cover ?

Was looking to buy a factory Ford car cover for my '08 GT500 and wondered if it is just for indoor use or would be ok to use outside like overnight at a car show?

is it worth the price?

I like that it folds up real compact for packing in the car. The one I have now is real bulky and takes up a lot of trunk space.

Thanks,

Mitch

Was looking to buy a factory Ford car cover for my '08 GT500 and wondered if it is just for indoor use or would be ok to use outside like overnight at a car show?

is it worth the price?

I like that it folds up real compact for packing in the car. The one I have now is real bulky and takes up a lot of trunk space.

Thanks,

Mitch

I have the factory cover still in the wrapping, never looked at it. Purchased an all weather one in the event I needed to put the car outside.

IMO not worth the "sticker price" If you get one from a member cheap then it might be worth it.

I have that cover and you're right, it is good for light use. I wouldn't store the car in it outside, but an occasional overnight is not bad, and it's attached to the bag it comes in, so when you have the cover on, just stick the bag in the trunk and that is somewhat of a theft deterrent. (I also made a locked cable that runs under the car that attach's to the eyelets)

If you have a hardtop, you may not like it quite as much. I've heard plenty of complaints that it's difficult to put on by yourself. Mainly due to it slides all over the place and falls off the roof quite easily. But 2 people no problems.

Here is the part number I ordered back in 06. SK7R3J-19A412-AA I got a pretty good discount from my dealer. I would think they have come down some.

Hope this helps

Car-Cover-0109.jpg

Car-Cover-Rear-0108.jpg

Car-Cover-Bag.jpg

I think my factory cover is great. It fits the car perfect. The cover also protects my car from our cat that loves to nap on my car. It is made of a lighter type of material, so it is easy to fold up. I also use it in the garage, and never tried it outside.

For what it costs you are better off ordering a Shelby cover from Shelby Parts. Factory cover is made of crap material, not lined on underside. I use the factory cover cuz it came with car, but would prefer to have the Shelby cover. Just don't want to spend $$$ for another cover, I'm cheap!!! :hysterical: I just think you will be disappointed in quality of factory cover.

If you only need an indoor cover this is really a great cover. The fit is awesome, the material is awesome and worth every penny. It will not scratch your car either. The last cover I had I cringed everytime I took it off. I should of purchased it the day I purchased my car. Very soft yet not cheap. The only knock I have is that they have a 6 inch sleeve for the antenna. Looks like a great idea but I personally take my antenna off because the previous car covers did not have that, and I believe it is easier that way anyway. It makes the car feel like it's worth a million dollars. If you don't have one, order one tonight because it is really that good.

IMG_1924.jpg

IMG_1927.jpg

IMG_1928.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg

Thanks for the help guys. Basically wanting it to use if I go to an out of town car show that the car would have to sit outside over night. Wanting to get as compact a one as possible for packing.

would like it to be a little weather proof in case of rain.

Thanks again,

Mitch

Archived