TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Stripe Kit

Suggestion:

I have factory alloy stripes on my 07 vert and would like to suggest Shelby offer the original factory stripe kits that will fit the aftermarket KR and SS style hoods in any color (I.e. Alloy Stripes)

Is this possible? If so, how soon can you make it happen. My thoughts are you would sell more hoods if these stripes were offered in other colors.

Thanks,

Tom

Suggestion:

I have factory alloy stripes on my 07 vert and would like to suggest Shelby offer the original factory stripe kits that will fit the aftermarket KR and SS style hoods in any color (I.e. Alloy Stripes)

Is this possible? If so, how soon can you make it happen. My thoughts are you would sell more hoods if these stripes were offered in other colors.

Thanks,

Tom

Sorry, but we will not be offering KR or SS stripes for general usage. Those stripes are reserved for those cars only and are controlled.

Robert, I believe that the OP is asking for stock LeMans stripe kits offered in all factory colors that will fit aftermarket Super Snake and KR style hoods. He is not asking for SS stripes, and the KR stripes are the same as all other GT500 LeMans stripes (other than colors).

Robert, I believe that the OP is asking for stock LeMans stripe kits offered in all factory colors that will fit aftermarket Super Snake and KR style hoods. He is not asking for SS stripes, and the KR stripes are the same as all other GT500 LeMans stripes (other than colors).

Enis - thanks for the correction. We have been talking about GT500 stripes and will address at today's SPP meeting. I understand what you all are asking for now.

The GT500KR stripes are unique in color - they are hard to duplicate.

I'd buy a SS hood knowing that I can get a set a matching LeMans stripes in satin silver for My 500. I know the stock stripes won't work. :baby:

Ditto - I'd prefer that than the other aftermarket solutions for stripes. I also need satin silver :)

• 1 month later...

Sorry, but we will not be offering KR or SS stripes for general usage. Those stripes are reserved for those cars only and are controlled.

I'm not sure I understand why they are controlled, but thats fine. Why don't you guys offer the super snake style stripes in factory colors so its a one stop shopping trip, instead of going with a 3rd party vendor and hoping the stripes match, are quality pieces and install properly?

Shane

Enis - thanks for the correction. We have been talking about GT500 stripes and will address at today's SPP meeting. I understand what you all are asking for now.

The GT500KR stripes are unique in color - they are hard to duplicate.

My SVT dealer already offered to give me the color codes for the KR stripes if I decide to have a set made. He said they are actually MOPAR color codes! (the blue stripes that were on the silver cars).

And the stripe shop told me if I can get the codes, they can make the stripes.

It's really not a big deal to get ANYTHING you want, if you look hard enough.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

My SVT dealer already offered to give me the color codes for the KR stripes if I decide to have a set made. He said they are actually MOPAR color codes! (the blue stripes that were on the silver cars).

And the stripe shop told me if I can get the codes, they can make the stripes.

It's really not a big deal to get ANYTHING you want, if you look hard enough.

Phil

Hi Phil,

So I have the 08 alloy lemans stripes on my car now but need a set of KR style stripes made to match what I have already. So, I guess I need the paint code for the stripe color to have a stripe shop match it? I guess what I'd like to see is if I can get the factory stripe mfg. Color code for the alloy stripes. All that I have found have to much metallic in the stripe.

• 2 years later...

I am getting ready to purchase an SS hood next time SPP has ther sale. Will need the silver strips that match what I have already. Anything new on this topic, would like to order it from SPP at the same time I order the hood.

Can any tell me when the next sale will be, so ready to place my order and missed the Christmas sale.

I am getting ready to purchase an SS hood next time SPP has ther sale. Will need the silver strips that match what I have already. Anything new on this topic, would like to order it from SPP at the same time I order the hood.

Can any tell me when the next sale will be, so ready to place my order and missed the Christmas sale.

Sorry, this was originally a 3 year old thread, so you confused me.

Super Snake hoods will not be on sale in the forseeable future. Also, to match "what you have already", I need to know WHAT you have already. Your signature says "07 Alloy GT500", is that the car you mean?

Thanks!

Jer

Edited by Jer

Wait so Jer would it be possible to make super snake style stripes in all ford colors? Without the stripes saying super snake obviously. Basically on the sides they would say gt500 exactly like the factory and the same factory style. Then just the over the top stripe would be SS style. Basically like the guy from stuck on you graphics does. Or perhaps just sell regular gt500 stripes though I know on the 2013 the double stripes are slightly thinner than the double stripes on previous model years.

Edited by svt13

Wait so Jer would it be possible to make super snake style stripes in all ford colors? Without the stripes saying super snake obviously. Basically on the sides they would say gt500 exactly like the factory and the same factory style. Then just the over the top stripe would be SS style. Basically like the guy from stuck on you graphics does. Or perhaps just sell regular gt500 stripes though I know on the 2013 the double stripes are slightly thinner than the double stripes on previous model years.

No. If it's a Ford car, I can't help. That's why I'm clarifying.

Jer

Jer, I am looking to purchase the 2007-2009 Shelby GT500 SuperSnake Hood from SPP. I want to keep the current silver stripes on the car so I am asking if SPP currently has the gt500 strips to fit the Shelby GT500 SuperSnake Hood. The car is a 2007 gt500 alloy with silver stripes.

Thank you for any assistance

Jer, I am looking to purchase the 2007-2009 Shelby GT500 SuperSnake Hood from SPP. I want to keep the current silver stripes on the car so I am asking if SPP currently has the gt500 strips to fit the Shelby GT500 SuperSnake Hood. The car is a 2007 gt500 alloy with silver stripes.

If your original car is a GT500 (not a Super Snake), then we do not have the correct stripes, unfortunately. I may be able to get something made up, I'll dig in for you.

Jer

I think I know the answer to your question. However I will defer to Jer the Great for the response. :worship:

While we await for his answer, why don't you just get them from an aftermarket company?

I think I know the answer to your question. However I will defer to Jer the Great for the response. :worship:

My wife is laughing loud enough to hear across several neighboring ZIP codes.

Jer

Call 702Graphics in Las Vegas. They're right down the street from Shelby and its where 05mustangman had his done at. He has a 2010 but I'd assume they can make them for 07-09's as well

http://www.702graphics.com/index2.php#/home/

Post #80

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/74779-2010-2013-super-snake-hoods-now-available-from-spp/page__hl__hood__st__60

Call 702Graphics in Las Vegas. They're right down the street from Shelby and its where 05mustangman had his done at. He has a 2010 but I'd assume they can make them for 07-09's as well

http://www.702graphi...dex2.php#/home/

Post #80

http://www.teamshelb...l__hood__st__60

Just spoke to Dan at 702 great guy and very helpful, placed the order for the stripes now its time to place the order for the hood. Thanks for your help.

Just spoke to Dan at 702 great guy and very helpful, placed the order for the stripes now its time to place the order for the hood. Thanks for your help.

That's where I was going to look for you, so I figured you were all set.

Jer

Could you please PM me with what you were quoted. I am EXACTLY where you are at! I am interested in adding a super snake hood and the stripes to the hood.

Thanks!

Could you please PM me with what you were quoted. I am EXACTLY where you are at! I am interested in adding a super snake hood and the stripes to the hood.

Thanks!

I ordered stripes for the hood and front fender, for the hood - 175. and the front fascia was an additional 60. Not bad at all.

Over all I am into this project for about 2800. before paint:

• Super Snake hood 1500.

• Super Snake Hood Vents 200.

• Super Snake Washer Nozzle 50.

• Shelby Engine Strut Bar 340.

• New Hood Stripes 240.

• Super Snake Window Scoops 223.

I ordered stripes for the hood and front fender, for the hood - 175. and the front fascia was an additional 60. Not bad at all.

Over all I am into this project for about 2800. before paint:

• Super Snake hood 1500.

• Super Snake Hood Vents 200.

• Super Snake Washer Nozzle 50.

• Shelby Engine Strut Bar 340.

• New Hood Stripes 240.

• Super Snake Window Scoops 223.

$240 for just the Lemans hood stripes?? :drop: Just for the 2 one piece vinyl hood stripes that run from the front of the hood to the rear of the hood? Is that right? Or am I missing something??

$240 for just the Lemans hood stripes?? :drop: Just for the 2 one piece vinyl hood stripes that run from the front of the hood to the rear of the hood? Is that right? Or am I missing something??

For the hood only 175.00 and front fender only 60.00 for a total of 235.00 plus any shipping.