TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Best first mod! Hands down!

JWG223

Well, I am not sure I will go with a GT500. Right now I am just researching the options in this price-range, and it has definitely caught my eye. This forum is friendly, and precious few people are whining about broken stuff (other than the clutch/flywheel TSB which isn't an issue now), and a lot of people are talking about the quality of the car--which I agree with after looking at a few in person. Way better than the C6's I looked at in fit/finish. Also, I keep hearing they don't start rattling in 5-10K miles like GM's do (or like mine did). Anyone confirm/deny that? Anyway, I bought myself an awesome mod for the GT500, if I chose to go that route. If I don't, no, I am not going to sell it. It will work with any high-end vehicle.

It increases mileage.

It prevents wear/tear.

It increases the value of your GT500 (or other car) over the long-haul.

It is none other than...The Daily Beater!

I am curious what everyone else rolls around in for their DD as well. Post 'em up!

2002 Infiniti G20 here. Stock + 20% on all.

Black leather w/Bose sound and 6-disk CD/tape-deck/AM-FM/In-dash single-disk CD. Automatic though :(

Traded my 2001 WS6 6-speed for it. Straight up. Win!

25r2hdx.jpg

35jezx5.jpg

261nfrn.jpg

Here's mine "enjoying" the WAY above average snow fall we had in VA and much of the northeast this year. It's a Toyota Corolla got an average of 44 MPG up to Philly on a recent road trip to get some cheesesteaks with some friends. Not exciting to look at but it's quiet, great on gas and keep the smile of the Mustang.

post-27383-127864791773_thumb.jpg

post-27383-127864791773_thumb.jpg

I drive my car as much as possible but in the winter or if I have to haul something I use my 05 F 150... I have only put 36,000 miles on it...

DSC08547.JPG

I took the decals off the sides last year as they were starting to peel...

The truck was used to drive Jimmy Vasser around the parade lap of the inaugural 2005 Edmonton Grand Prix

I have a 2010 SHO, turned 1300 miles today. I like a lot!

Those SHO's are sweet, alot bigger of a car then I thought they would be in person but as for as a 4 door, good power get around car with a really nice interior I like them. Does yours have the A/C seats....oh man these 100+ degree days my "boys" would be lovin it. :hysterical:

The DD is another Ford. I needed something big to carry the three dogs!

DSC02709.jpg

DSC02712.jpg

Mainly for these two.....

DSC00699.jpg

Got to hand it to Ford, they really have it together.

The DD is another Ford. I needed something big to carry the three dogs!

DSC02709.jpg

DSC02712.jpg

Mainly for these two.....

DSC00699.jpg

Got to hand it to Ford, they really have it together.

I can see that it has the ecoboost badging. Great car when it has that motor, and BIG dogs too. What breed are they Rocky? German Sheppard mix?

Oh BTW, DD for me = TBD :backtotopic:

SS94,

Those are long coated GSD's from Europe. And you are correct the Eco-Boost is a cool engine.

That's cool, I sort of knew that they were GSD's. I thought I was a mixed breed.

Gotta love them :dog:

My all-black Shepherd approves!!!

cccg.jpg

:dog: :dog: :dog:

Those SHO's are sweet, alot bigger of a car then I thought they would be in person but as for as a 4 door, good power get around car with a really nice interior I like them. Does yours have the A/C seats....oh man these 100+ degree days my "boys" would be lovin it. :hysterical:

Yep it has the AC seats, that is a great feature. Also it will haull 4 big track wheels and tires with room to spare for my 09 Roush Black Jack. Not as straight line fast as my supersharged 08 STS V but it is a great ride and handles very nice. It is AWD too!

Yep it has the AC seats, that is a great feature. Also it will haull 4 big track wheels and tires with room to spare for my 09 Roush Black Jack. Not as straight line fast as my supersharged 08 STS V but it is a great ride and handles very nice. It is AWD too!

I wouldn't be too opposed to trading the GT500 for a new SHO.

I wouldn't be too opposed to trading the GT500 for a new SHO.

There's a lot wrong with that sentence in my head....

My SGT is my daily with the exception of winter time, then it's a '00 Chrysler Concorde... 120k or so miles... no A/C anymore.... true beater :)

If it is the one in your pic when do you want to pick up the SHO???

LOL - yes it's the one.

In a perfect world I'd have both parked in the garage. Since I haven't made residence in that world yet, I'll just say as time goes on I wouldn't mind having something a little better suited for daily driving and long road trips, something not quite as fast but still fast, and something I don't worry about as much when it's parked somewhere other than my garage.

I LOVE the GT500, but I'm just say'n...

Archived