TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Air Bag Light ON

SVTSnake

My airgbag light comes on. Will flash on and off sometimes. Will stay on sometimes. Other times it will not come on at all. Does anyone else have this problem? It's an '09 and been doing it for awhile. Just haven't had the time to take to dealer. Is there a TSB on this that anyone knows of?

Just to start w/ the obvious question...

Is is the "passenger air bag" light or another air bag light on your dash?

edit - if anything is on your passenger seat the passenger air bag light will illuminate.

I have an early 07 that was on recall. I never took it in because I didn't want the 21 yr old tech to first of all, hack the dash up getting the old one out, plus then feel the need to take her out for a test ride afterwards!!

It was a recall for ALL '07 models FOR SURE. I cannot speak to your '09. The issue stated "Never let a small child ride in the passenger seat unless the seat was slid ALL THE WAY BACK, and seat belt MUST be on....until repaired"

BTW...my light will come on from time to time as well. I just live with it.

My passenger side airbag light was flickering on-and-off the other day while I had one of the kids in the front passenger seat. Jarod weighs 98 lbs, so I knew there was enough weight on the seat to keep the airbag light from coming on.

I called my Ford service writer and talked with him and he said they get calls all the time on passenger airbag lights flickering on-and-off. He said that if the seat is reclined too much, with a lighter person occuping the seat, the light will flicker due to the seat back position. He said that it was nothing to worry about and the next time I have jr. in the car, straighten up the seat back and see if the light stays off.

The vehicle is a 2008 SGT.

I had the recall done on my 07 while it was in for an oil change. No problem before and no problem now.

Service manager insists on being the only to move any GT 500 that comes in for service.

No techs drive the car without the manager or the owner being in the car.

And he or the service writer over sees any work being done.

Good service, just not interested in doing any TSB on the clutch unless they get full tranny replacement from Ford. Thats a whole nother story.

[

Good service, just not interested in doing any TSB on the clutch unless they get full tranny replacement from Ford. Thats a whole nother story.

My thoughts EXACTLY... I was just at my dealer today in fact having the trans. discussion. They said they have Redline synthetic that they've been putting in the 500's for the 1-2 gear bump. They don't want to talk outloud about the clutch issue. I forced it a couple of times, and all they said was "if it becomes a problem, bring it in". I asked about the fourth TSB, having a 'better' flywheel ? They replied...."don't know about any flywheel issues"!!! ? WTF?

Sorry....off topic here. Just fires me up again!

I took it in to dealer this morning. Ended up having to make appointment for next week, cuz alot of dumba$$ people around here like to drive thru high water when it rains(which we had alot of lately). Now they are overloaded with electrical work they have to do.

Anyway, there is a TSB for the 07-09 from what I saw on the screen when he pulled it up. Didn't say much on the screen about how to fix it, just told them what procedure to look up and follow. My light comes on randomly, whether seat is occupied or not. It will flash on/off. Sometimes stay on. Other times not come on at all. Really annoying.

Picked my car up from dealer yesterday, no more Airbag light on the dash :happy feet: It had a broken connection on passenger side. This light has been coming on since the day I got my car a year and half ago. They had to repair a pigtail, that was it. All is good now. Must have been damaged at factory, but no one caught it. I finally got tired of it and took it in. :shift:

I have this issue as well.... intermittently.

Blinks 2 times, then 4 times, and repeats... then stays on until I turn off the car.

I have been told the blinking is a code for which component is the issue, but since it's intermittent the techs at the shop can't seem to find it.

Keith

I have this issue as well.... intermittently.

Blinks 2 times, then 4 times, and repeats... then stays on until I turn off the car.

I have been told the blinking is a code for which component is the issue, but since it's intermittent the techs at the shop can't seem to find it.

Keith

Hey Keith....that's about what mine was doing. Wouldn't stay on all the time, intermittent as you say. I couldn't take it anymore. Have them pull up the TSB, then follow whatever procedure it says. That's what tech did, and eventually found the broken connector. Makes me wonder if Ford got a bad batch of connectors. I know they had to pull rear seat to remove panels to get to the connector. easy fix once they find it, that's if yours is broken too. Yours could be a bad module, which I believe some cars had. Good luck with it.

Archived