TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 GT500 HID Headlight replacement

5202 18 SMT LED.....................they look great, run very cool but offer no increased visibility. I need 6000k Headlights to match and it looks like the easiest way to change the factory bulbs is remove the front clip.

Well you've have part of the equation nailed. The fogs look great ! Does HID guy have any replacement headlight's around 6K ?? Have you checked with him ?

Yes HID guy does have replacement 6000k HID headlights bulbs.

Torch I already changed the fogs to LED, I am asking about upgrading the factory HID headlights to match the color of the LED fogs.

sorry--misread---getting old

Yes HID guy does have replacement 6000k HID headlights bulbs.

Torch I already changed the fogs to LED, I am asking about upgrading the factory HID headlights to match the color of the LED fogs.

OK. Like Torched said, there were many posts on this topic, and all the heat related HID fog issues, which spawned all the LED chatter.Keep us posted on what path you choose.

inyadreems ~ How accurate is the picture you took of your fog lights and headlights in person compared to the picture? The fogs look really bright and blueish while the HID headlights are bright also and a bit more whiteish and a bit less bright.

Pretty accurate. Your description is correct.

Lol, in the LED world, people are killing for 3.5-5K tint because it allows you to see so much better when it comes to color and depth rendition without suffering "grey out" like 6500+K does. I have spent a decent amount of money buying "warm" LED's for weapon lights, etc. over their cooler brethren, even though you do sacrifice a slight amount of output in an LED when you go to a "warm" bin. Stick with stock, and get fogs that match that. You're doing it backward, imho. Match our OEM headlights with aftermarket fogs. Cheaper, and by the look of it, more effective.

Lol, in the LED world, people are killing for 3.5-5K tint because it allows you to see so much better when it comes to color and depth rendition without suffering "grey out" like 6500+K does. I have spent a decent amount of money buying "warm" LED's for weapon lights, etc. over their cooler brethren, even though you do sacrifice a slight amount of output in an LED when you go to a "warm" bin. Stick with stock, and get fogs that match that. You're doing it backward, imho. Match our OEM headlights with aftermarket fogs. Cheaper, and by the look of it, more effective.

Did a ton of research, nobody makes a standard bulb that will not melt the plastic fog light housing and the HID fogs are also known to melt the plastic fog light housing. Some have had success with aftermarket bulbs, but there are a ton of threads about the fog light housings melted with aftermarket bulbs. I didn't want to take the chance.

The stock bulbs suck and these look much better than stock. Plus they run very cool and were only 60.00 shipped.

Did a ton of research, nobody makes a standard bulb that will not melt the plastic fog light housing and the HID fogs are also known to melt the plastic fog light housing. Some have had success with aftermarket bulbs, but there are a ton of threads about the fog light housings melted with aftermarket bulbs. I didn't want to take the chance.

The stock bulbs suck and these look much better than stock. Plus they run very cool and were only 60.00 shipped.

Inya, I feel your pain, as I have a set of brand new HID Fogs sitting in my garage shelf because of the melting potential. So I went with much cooler LED fogs which are a pretty close match to my HID headlights. So JWG may be right, its easier to match the headlights than to match the fogs.

Inya, I feel your pain, as I have a set of brand new HID Fogs sitting in my garage shelf because of the melting potential. So I went with much cooler LED fogs which are a pretty close match to my HID headlights. So JWG may be right, its easier to match the headlights than to match the fogs.

Where did you buy your LED fogs?

Archived