TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Buy a 2011 Shelby GT500 and get a FREE garage heater!!!!

Icebourg

This car puts off some serious HEAT!!!!!!! Parked in the garage today and the thermostat on my wall went from 82 deg to 95 deg in about 20 minutes!!!!

Just keep an eye on your temp guage and your radiator caps. My thermostat already went bad an had to be replaced.

I have read this on several occasions. Does it get hot under the dash where your feet are? If I beat on my WS6, it would get your feet pretty warm. This car do that?

I get none in my 11, I think they upgraded the insulation in the 11s but not sure.

Can see why they added the functional heat extractors on the hood, wonder how hot the car would run without them. Sounds like running something like a manual fan switch might be worth it.

Unless you get stuck in traffic it would be a waste imo. In traffic, a heat-soaked engine won't matter. You aren't going to be wrapping it up to redline dragging in rush-hour traffic in a mustang. You need a civic for that.

I have read this on several occasions. Does it get hot under the dash where your feet are? If I beat on my WS6, it would get your feet pretty warm. This car do that?

JWG223,

I have a 08 GT500, it never gets hot under the dash, but you guys are right the motor puts out a lot of heat!

Mike

Unless you get stuck in traffic it would be a waste imo. In traffic, a heat-soaked engine won't matter. You aren't going to be wrapping it up to redline dragging in rush-hour traffic in a mustang. You need a civic for that.

That's why you guys need the C&R/Shelby Dual Fan Heat Exchanger and Radiator upgrade!

Mike

I've been driving my car in 110 plus degree heat in stop and go traffic and don't feel any heat near my feet. Temp needle doesn't move a bit.

Nice! It isn't a thing that matters a ton to me, but I was curious. The engine does sit rather forward vis under the dash like in the F-body/vette.

I remember my 96 GT ran warm under the dash. I liked it in the winter when I could leave the heat off and windows down (in AZ).

Hopefully we won't have cooling issues with the 11's.

This is nothing unique to the '11's.

There are no cooling issues.

Adding a dual fan HE will not eliminate this condition.

It's a big motor in a confined space and having a heat pump sitting on top does not help the situation.

Many times I will park mine in the garage, open the hood, and turn on a floor fan that sits in front of the car.

It's a big motor in a confined space and having a heat pump sitting on top does not help the situation.

Many times I will park mine in the garage, open the hood, and turn on a floor fan that sits in front of the car.

Man.... If you aftermarketers out there only sold the auto pop $ prop hood + dual engine bay fans Mod, that would be sweet!

DaFreak

I've been driving my car in 110 plus degree heat in stop and go traffic and don't feel any heat near my feet. Temp needle doesn't move a bit.

Same here....not a problem so far. Though as the original poster mentioned....you get a blast of hot air from the entire front end. It's really noticeable when I wash the car after driving it. Usually the whole front end dries before anything else. The heat is just pouring out of the wheel wheels and front end.

There is a lot of stuff under there that gets hot, brakes, exhaust, engine, HE, blower, its no worse than my hemi Jeep or pickup though. I have a well insulated garage and any of the three parked in there after a long drive will heat it up the same.

I dont feel any heat under the dash, but the console does warm up some on long 100 degree drives, nowhere near my old C6 though. You could fry eggs in the console on a 90+ day.

Thats right TXSTANG. Drag racers have known this for years and routinely carry 36" fans in their trailers for just that reason. Your car set up the way it is probably runs hotter than the rest of ours, I also raise the hood to get the heat out after I've been driving it. Seems to cool faster. -HAWKBARR

...let it sit outside to "cool" prior to parking it in the ol garage.....

Yeah. This was my daily routine with the 09, and I don't see it changing with the 11. I usually let it sit outside for 3-4 hours before parking it in the garage for the night.

Do you massage the tires too?

Sorry couldn't resist.

Since I put the 170 stat in the underhood temps are noticeibly cooler. It sure helps out here with the 103 average in the summer.

Since I put the 170 stat in the underhood temps are noticeibly cooler. It sure helps out here with the 103 average in the summer.

I pop opened my hood after a 30 mintue drive and the black shroud that covers the radiator was almost too hot to touch...wonder if switching out the thermostat would help?

Do you massage the tires too?

Sorry couldn't resist.

Was it a straight forward / easy job? Any lessons learned?

Archived