TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clear bras

I got a 3M clear bra and am very happy with it. There are 3 ways to look at the paint chip problem. You can get the chips touched up or get the front end repainted. You can get the fabric bra. Or you can get the clear bra. They have 3M and Ventureshield products on the market. I got the 3M from Shelby and had it put on locally. The biggest variable is the installer. Like when we had the granite counter tops installed. The granite is all the same, but who puts it on makes a BIG difference!! I am only posting this to get some dialog started as I have mine and am happy with mine, but I think there are others out there that have questions.----Jack

Its like a giant condom for your car, to protect your car from (Scrapes of The Debris) otherwise known as STDs. This is bad news for your car. Left untreated, it can cause the scapes to spread, even up onto the hood. Without the proper care the hood could start to discharge a brown rusty residue. This is in advanced stages. Treatment is definately needed at this point. Failure to do so will cause the condition of the car to weaken, and heavy depreciation will begin to set in. This is a very serious matter!

LOL I had to, please don't take offense!

Jack,

When I first saw your SGT vert (from several feet away) a couple of weeks back in Tahoe, I didn't think the Shelby clear bra package had been installed yet because you had indicated the shop in Rancho Cordova wasn't sure they could get it done before the cruise. Only when you pointed out the 3M material seams from less than 12" away did I realize it WAS there. Installer T.J. Pagano http://www.paganorodandcustom.com/ did a great job with applying the clear bra package and I will have him quote my 2010 GT500 coupe in the near future. Clearly, he is an accomplished custom car artist and knows what he's doing!

I bought my 08SGT Vert used and it already had the 3M Clear Bra sprayed on the first inch or so of the hood and front fenders. If it hadnt already been installed I would have had it done. The 3M Clear Bra is definitely money well spent and will help protect your invetsment wether it is a garage queen or a daily driver. It does protect well against small rocks, grit, and bugs, and it helps eliminate or significantly reduce the inevitable "sand blasting" the front of your Shelby will incur if you do a lot of interstate or high speed driving.

Be carefull when waxing around it. Do not wax towards the edges of the coating or you can end up "lifting" the edge of the seam or making a white edge around the seam. Wax lightly when near it and wax away from instead of towards the seam and it will remain almost invisible.

I got a 3M clear bra and am very happy with it. There are 3 ways to look at the paint chip problem. You can get the chips touched up or get the front end repainted. You can get the fabric bra. Or you can get the clear bra. They have 3M and Ventureshield products on the market. I got the 3M from Shelby and had it put on locally. The biggest variable is the installer. Like when we had the granite counter tops installed. The granite is all the same, but who puts it on makes a BIG difference!! I am only posting this to get some dialog started as I have mine and am happy with mine, but I think there are others out there that have questions.----Jack

Very true!

I have one on my car and after watching the guy install mine, it's definitely an art....being able to not only install it, but make sure all the lines are where they are suppose to be so nothing stands out like a sore thumb. It's definitely money well spent. I have almost 8,800 miles on my car (several 6hr trips on the interstate) and not a single mark. After I get home from being out driving, all I have to do is take a damp rag and wipe it down.

Archived