TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tell me how this would make you feel!!!

I went for a nice drive last weekend and parked down by the Vancouver convention center in Coal Harbour to do some sight seeing. As I get back to the car I see this. A Toyota Camry Hybrid parked inches away from my car!! Check out where the parking meter is in relation to his car. He's a good 2-3 feet into my stall. I had parked in the end space so I had room to back up and I checked for signs of an impact. It looked ok but I took some pics (including his plate) just in case. Had there been any damage I might have lost it!!!

P7035781.jpg

P7035779.jpg

P7035780.jpg

Edited by Cdvision

Oh boy..don't get me started..again on people and the way that some of them park. Unfortunately, the way the majority of the human race thinks of their cars is completely different from us. But honestly, that's not too bad from what I see in your pics....though it does make it harder to swallow since it's a hybrid! LOL! Just kidding..I've got nothing against hybrids.

I thought of a good analogy for this...they more or less give parking and driving as much thought as their shoes...meaning if accidentally kick into something with your shoe..you don't have a heart attack thinking "Oh my GOD! My shoe!" So if they bump into a car or swing a door open and hit the wall or put a box on the hood or whatever...it's no big deal.

Well, at least there was no contact with your car...so that is the bottom line and all that matters. If it makes you feel any better...I find this exact same scenario when I come out of work EVERY day.

Your car looks fantastic, Cdvision.

Oh boy..don't get me started..again on people and the way that some of them park. Unfortunately, the way the majority of the human race thinks of their cars is completely different from us. But honestly, that's not too bad from what I see in your pics....though it does make it harder to swallow since it's a hybrid! LOL! Just kidding..I've got nothing against hybrids.

I thought of a good analogy for this...they more or less give parking and driving as much thought as their shoes...meaning if accidentally kick into something with your shoe..you don't have a heart attack thinking "Oh my GOD! My shoe!" So if they bump into a car or swing a door open and hit the wall or put a box on the hood or whatever...it's no big deal.

Well, at least there was no contact with your car...so that is the bottom line and all that matters. If it makes you feel any better...I find this exact same scenario when I come out of work EVERY day.

Your car looks fantastic, Cdvision.

The sad thing is with the immigrant population getting larger and many of them coming from countries with no car culture, the problem is getting worse all the time. At my old place of employment we used to watch a**holes play park by feel all the time. Very disturbing.

The sad thing is with the immigrant population getting larger and many of them coming from countries with no car culture, the problem is getting worse all the time. At my old place of employment we used to watch a**holes play park by feel all the time. Very disturbing.

I hear ya, Cdvision. Talk about "park by feel". A few times when I went to sporting events and parked in the arena lot I would see that. I'd always get there early and wait til game time to head in..and believe me, you would be alarmed at the amount of people that back into other peoples cars and don't show a bit of concern! I mean they would actually hit the car so hard it would move! I would just sit there and cringe. They just don't care. If I was backing into a spot with a car behind me..I ALWAYS get out a few times to check to see how far I can back up - whether it's a nice car parked behind me or not.

I just don't know what to say...it's frustrating as all heck..it really can get to you. It can drive you nuts if you let it.

Prime example...There was a super nice Corvette (had to be the top of the line model) parked across from me at work...not a person parked next to it all day long! Of course when I come out I've got a huge pickup truck parked right next to me (again). LOL! Oh well...not much you can do but sell your car and get a junker....or just try to ignore it all and enjoy life.

I hear ya, Cdvision. Talk about "park by feel". A few times when I went to sporting events and parked in the arena lot I would see that. I'd always get there early and wait til game time to head in..and believe me, you would be alarmed at the amount of people that back into other peoples cars and don't show a bit of concern! I mean they would actually hit the car so hard it would move! I would just sit there and cringe. They just don't care. If I was backing into a spot with a car behind me..I ALWAYS get out a few times to check to see how far I can back up - whether it's a nice car parked behind me or not.

I just don't know what to say...it's frustrating as all heck..it really can get to you. It can drive you nuts if you let it.

Prime example...There was a super nice Corvette (had to be the top of the line model) parked across from me at work...not a person parked next to it all day long! Of course when I come out I've got a huge pickup truck parked right next to me (again). LOL! Oh well...not much you can do but sell your car and get a junker....or just try to ignore it all and enjoy life.

You said it!! Enjoy life (and your car). I've always told myself that no matter what I drive it's just a piece of tin. That being said I try to be carefull (my wife says I'm paranoid) when leaving the car unattended in a public location. It's actually surprizing how much excitement and joy the GT500 brings to the car enthusiast that spots it either parked or driving. Pretty much every time I go out in the car I see someone snapping a pic and as long as it's not photo radar that's pretty cool.

Edited by Cdvision

You said it!! Enjoy life (and your car). I've always told myself that no matter what I drive it's just a piece of tin. That being said I try to be careful (my wife says I'm paranoid) when leaving the car unattended in a public location. It's actually surprising how much excitement and joy the GT500 brings to the car enthusiast that spots it either parked or driving. Pretty much every time I go out in the car I see someone snapping a pic and as long as it's not photo radar that's pretty cool.

It's a fine line...because obviously, by getting a car like we have...we DO like having a nice pristine car and we are aiming to take care of it and "baby" it with TLC and we try to make sure that nothing happens to it. We do get attached to them by spending so much time with them and having memorable moments going places with them. But in the end...as you say...it is just a car or a piece of metal. I try to keep it in perspective.

I honestly can't remember a time that I went out that I don't have someone snapping a picture or turning around to get a second look at the Shelby. I'm used to driving cars that attract some attention..but I had never dreamed this car would attract so much more attention! Never! I'm amazed by it.

I don't know about the rest of Canada, but I have friends from New York who always used to tell me how badly drivers with Quebec plates drove while they were in upstate NY. After going to a show with some friends in NY I believe it, so inconsiderate, no signals when changing lanes, won't move over when you're behind them in the passing lane.

I feel for you, glad the car is ok but that would piss me off. I'd have put a note on their car just to help blow off some steam and make them realize what a shit parking job they did. Good on you for taking pictures and getting their plate, I've been in similar positions and only make note of their plate, pictures are really the way to go. I'll take some with my phone next time.

I'd have put a note on their car just to help blow off some steam and make them realize what a shit parking job they did.

You could use this Link to leave the note. Xjrguy posted that in another thread. :P

so inconsiderate, no signals when changing lanes, won't move over when you're behind them in the passing lane.

My biggest pet peeve is "Yield" signs...every one around here seems to think that it means :

Don't look to see if there's oncoming traffic, the people will slow down and let your royal ass out into traffic because you're special and shouldn't have to wait 5 seconds til traffic passes by.

I would eliminate all yield signs and replace them with stop signs.