TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Manual GT-H on Ebay!

I just saw this on Ebay. It is number 497 with a manual and less than 1000 miles. The STARTING bid is 50000. I don't know anymore which is more valuable in the end but that new GT350 is very nice at the same price point.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT-H-2007-Ford-Mustang-GT-H-Shelby-Convertible-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3f0144a949QQitemZ270604216649QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

looks like he's shooting towards 90k...

Nice car, great shape, and about 30K overpriced if he is shooting for 90K, both the 2006 and 2007 prototypes were sold in that ball park but good luck to him.

:shift:

Nice car, great shape, and about 30K overpriced if he is shooting for 90K, both the 2006 and 2007 prototypes were sold in that ball park but good luck to him.

:shift:

I offered him $49,500. Do you think I insulted him? :banghead:

Soooooo.........Whats everybody think the car is really worth?

This is not going to be a money maker, the car is essentially no different than the SGT and as rare as mine was I picked it up for $33K and change brand new. It's just a Shelby GT Manual in the end........

GG

This is not going to be a money maker, the car is essentially no different than the SGT and as rare as mine was I picked it up for $33K and change brand new. It's just a Shelby GT Manual in the end........

GG

yours is a manual trans too?

GG

Although I agree that your car is quite rare, they are two different animals, 1 of 17 manual 2007 Shelby GT-H's only available to Hertz Executives and only available in conjunction with the rental program. It does command a premium but only the market and the propsective buyers will set where that premium is.

I'd say 55K seems about the right price....just my .02

This is not going to be a money maker, the car is essentially no different than the SGT and as rare as mine was I picked it up for $33K and change brand new.

The Hertz cars have always had a certain notoriety about them. They are instantly recognizable. In 20 years everyone will still recognize the Hertz cars, while the BJ SGTs will be relatively unknown. Heck, noone knows the BJ SGT now. I even get asked who Barrett Jackson is...

It's just a Shelby GT Manual in the end........

GG

Actually a little backwards.To put things in the proper order, our SGTs are just copies of the Hertz GT.

I was a dumbass... didn't even separate the BJ from the Hertz, just assumed he was talking about a hertz car and asked about the manual trans...

I would agree that the BJ isn't and won't be worth as much as any low mile Hertz, and the 1 of 17 manuals will be the best to have down the road.

I was a dumbass... didn't even separate the BJ from the Hertz, just assumed he was talking about a hertz car and asked about the manual trans...

I would agree that the BJ isn't and won't be worth as much as any low mile Hertz, and the 1 of 17 manuals will be the best to have down the road.

Yep, and so now the real question. It's not a $90K car, not in today's market. Might get $50K. Likely won't be sold.

Hard to say, I haven't seen one of the exec/stick cars sell before, I would agree that 90 is way too high, but depending on his reserve, I could see it selling. He'd prob have better luck at a live auction with a car like that though.

444, hate to disagree, but there was a time when GT 350 Hertz cars were worth substantially less than the other 1966 Shelbys. Perceived rarity helped drive the prices of the Hertz cars past the regular 1966 Shelbys during the 1990's. All it took was the car investors to get in the market and hype their cars as to how rare they were compared to similar models. Chevys, Dodges and Shelbys - makes no difference. The rarer the model, the lower the mileage - the more it will sell for.

The BJ SGT's will be the hot ticket someday, not the Hertz cars. Doesn't matter if anyone has heard of them or not. They will know them when the BJ prices start surpassing the other Shelby GT's in the future.

The key to my point was LOW MILE.

99% of the gt-h's are 30k plus miles before they were sold privately. If the stick version is put away and not driven much, I still beleive it will be the more desired car.

That said, I'd put lots of miles on that bitch! :)

444, hate to disagree, but there was a time when GT 350 Hertz cars were worth substantially less than the other 1966 Shelbys. Perceived rarity helped drive the prices of the Hertz cars past the regular 1966 Shelbys during the 1990's. All it took was the car investors to get in the market and hype their cars as to how rare they were compared to similar models. Chevys, Dodges and Shelbys - makes no difference. The rarer the model, the lower the mileage - the more it will sell for.

The BJ SGT's will be the hot ticket someday, not the Hertz cars. Doesn't matter if anyone has heard of them or not. They will know them when the BJ prices start surpassing the other Shelby GT's in the future.

Nostalgia = worth, when the BJ version has 40+ years of history and folklore then maybe but I beleive that all current Shelby's are more or less created equal, build numbers do count but at the end of the day the one offs will always command top dollar. 1 of 17 will always be worth more and more desirable than a 1 of 39. My car is 1 of 500 and I am as happy as could be and lucky to have it....drive, enjoy, and have a place like this to share your interest with others from around the world.

Nostalgia = worth, when the BJ version has 40+ years of history and folklore then maybe but I beleive that all current Shelby's are more or less created equal, build numbers do count but at the end of the day the one offs will always command top dollar. 1 of 17 will always be worth more and more desirable than a 1 of 39. My car is 1 of 500 and I am as happy as could be and lucky to have it....drive, enjoy, and have a place like this to share your interest with others from around the world.

slapfight.gif (crap storm in progress-red alert)

While my car is 1 0f 39 verts, it is also 1 of 11 automatic verts and a rare car in it's own right, didn't mean to fall into a crap storm, and two shelbys is right the Shelby GT-H did come first. Our cars came about over customer demand for the GT-H. Many people don't have a clue about the Shelby GT/BJ even today. It seems like this standard trans GT-H has come up before on the forum for sale and the owner thinks it's worth 90K. The fact that a Hertz Exec owned it, does not in my opinion add any real value. It is worth only what it brings at sale. The BJ car was a cooperative project between Shelby/Barrett Jackson & Ford and an Arizona Only Dealer Model.

I was simply stating what we all know, the market is saturated and the cars are not holding their value. The BJ car and GT-H car that Shelby SAI had in their fleet and offerred for sale did not bring big bucks and there were a lot of upgrades on the BJ. Wonder if it ever sold?

I am driving mine, it only has 1,700 miles on it but they are all nice cars, we are all waiting around for them to appreciate, which I don't think will happen in our lifetime or the current economy. It was not my intent to hijack the thread bringing the BJ into the discussion.

GG

The key to my point was LOW MILE.

99% of the gt-h's are 30k plus miles before they were sold privately. If the stick version is put away and not driven much, I still beleive it will be the more desired car.

That said, I'd put lots of miles on that bitch! :)

I agree, the 5-speed Hertz will command a premium compared to other Hertz cars, but when you look at the big picture, all the BJ's should do very well, along with the other Shelby GT and GT-H convertibles- whether black, or blue, and the California edition cars.

Back on topic though, the Hertz car here, with the 5-speed, is way over priced and the guy is just "fishing the bay" looking for a flounder.

Ohhhhh........ahhhhhhhh........she sure is pretty aint she?

Well I got the bidding started on this. Who's gonna be bidder #2?

And in my humble opinion, there is no way a BJ will ever be worth more than a GT-H. The GT-H has history (1966, 67, 68 and 69 hertz rentals) and the first Ford Shelby produced for the modern age (2006 GT-H) There is no way the BJ will ever surpass the GT-H in terms of value.

QSS

Ohhhhh........ahhhhhhhh........she sure is pretty aint she?

Well I got the bidding started on this. Who's gonna be bidder #2?

And in my humble opinion, there is no way a BJ will ever be worth more than a GT-H. The GT-H has history (1966, 67, 68 and 69 hertz rentals) and the first Ford Shelby produced for the modern age (2006 GT-H) There is no way the BJ will ever surpass the GT-H in terms of value.

QSS

Agreed.... One of the holy grails of the modern Shelby's will be one of the 4 stick 2006 GT-H coupes. The 17 stick 2007 converts will be after that. Currently around a $50K value seems reasonable. Not a whole lot more than that in today's market. Where it will go from here, who knows???? I sure would love to have it!

The auction ended with a final price of $60,000 but the reserve was not met so therefore "no sale". The auction looks to be legit as there were only 9 bidders (one of them being me) so it appears that it was not a typical "ebay shill bidfest" but nothing is guaranteed.

If it was legit, the $60,000 bid is a good indication of current market value.

QSS

The auction ended with a final price of $60,000 but the reserve was not met so therefore "no sale". The auction looks to be legit as there were only 9 bidders (one of them being me) so it appears that it was not a typical "ebay shill bidfest" but nothing is guaranteed.

If it was legit, the $60,000 bid is a good indication of current market value.

QSS

No it isn't. A few of the boys here were having a little "biding fun" with the seller. Now he wants $72,000. :hysterical: This is what happens when you go fishing on the "bay." Everybody loves to play, whether serious or not. Gotta love these seller's egos.

No it isn't. A few of the boys here were having a little "biding fun" with the seller. Now he wants $72,000. :hysterical: This is what happens when you go fishing on the "bay." Everybody loves to play, whether serious or not. Gotta love these sellers egos.

Received my second chance from Ebay this morning, $72,000.00 and its mine.....now if I only can find that much change in the couch!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived