TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Heat Exchanger

10random

Would anyone have access or be able to pull up the part number and MSRP pricing on the 2011 Heat Exchanger? I know it's a relatively new part that is being pumped into the assembly line, but I am curious. Yes I know their aftermarket options out there, but I was curious about this option.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 2010 and 2011 are different H/E?

Yes. The 2011 is larger and more efficent.

Yes. The 2011 is larger and more efficent.

I have not been able to find any clarification of this quite yet. Yes the intercooler is larger, (You can phisically see the difference between the 2010 and 2011 engine bay. The intercooler takes up more room in the valley between the heads.) but is the HE? I haev been trying to find out this question but as of yet no proof.

I have not been able to find any clarification of this quite yet. Yes the intercooler is larger, (You can phisically see the difference between the 2010 and 2011 engine bay. The intercooler takes up more room in the valley between the heads.) but is the HE? I haev been trying to find out this question but as of yet no proof.

Well, if it's still up at the Ford Media site, you can see the webcast press release of the 2011 GT500 and hear Jamal Hameedi talk about the changes to the 2011 GT500, and if I recall correctly, he mentions the new HE briefly during the webcast.

Would anyone have access or be able to pull up the part number and MSRP pricing on the 2011 Heat Exchanger? I know it's a relatively new part that is being pumped into the assembly line, but I am curious. Yes I know their aftermarket options out there, but I was curious about this option.

I have a 2011 he coming for my 2010.I will advise how the install goes. I hear it is a straight replacement.

Part number, price?

I have no part number.I bought mine from a TS member who is modding his 2011.

I've only seen that the intercooler is 40% more efficient, nothing about the HE that I found yet.

I have no part number.I bought mine from a TS member who is modding his 2011.

Hey Bruce. I will get it swapped this weekend. I'll see if the part number is on it and will post if I find one.

I've ordered a HE from Van and don't know what I'll be doing with the stock one afterward. Feel free to ping me in the future.

...of course I need to get the car, BEFORE I can swap them so that will be a little while longer.

-Wingrider

The heat exchanger up front was changed not the intercooler in the valley. Unless bother were changed, but I have only seen documentation on the HE.

I can site many articles where they specify the "intercooler" was changed. This is NOT the HE. I have not see any articles that clear this up. I am sure MM&FF will have some clarification on this when their article on the 2011 Shelby comes out next month.

There is a HEAT EXCHANGER and there is an INTERCOOLER. The heat exchanger is what everyone changes out, NOT the intercooler.

It is my understanding the intercooler (the part sitting UNDER the supercharger) is what is changed for the 2011. So if someone with a '10 is paying for a heat exchanger from an '11, then you probably got screwed.

There is a HEAT EXCHANGER and there is an INTERCOOLER. The heat exchanger is what everyone changes out, NOT the intercooler.

It is my understanding the intercooler (the part sitting UNDER the supercharger) is what is changed for the 2011. So if someone with a '10 is paying for a heat exchanger from an '11, then you probably got screwed.

The documentation I used to read has all changed to intercooler now.....sigh, can't swap that out :) guess I will look for a fanless HE.

This is exactly right as I understand. I will be installing a Aeroforce guage shortly and let you guys know how the new intercooler really works in the 100 degree Houston heat.

This is exactly right as I understand. I will be installing a Aeroforce guage shortly and let you guys know how the new intercooler really works in the 100 degree Houston heat.

I'll be interested to see how your temps compare to mine with the dual fan HE.

I could be wrong but my Ford Tech friends said around 100 stock, 130-140 with a custom tune.

2011 HE part number is BR3V-8K229-AB. Maybe a Dealer could look up a price?

The HE Assembly (guess that includes bracket and water pump??) is:

HE part no.JPG

HE Assembly.JPG

HEs.JPG

HE part no.JPG

HE Assembly.JPG

HEs.JPG

I have no documentation but when the '11 came out I saw a website where they showed the upgraded parts....and it defintely was a HEAT EXCHANGER, not an intercooler. I'll do more research but I'm 100% sure the pic was a heat exchanger.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php/160380-2011-GT500-heat-exchanger-larger?highlight=2011+heat+exchanger

http://www.corral.net/index.php/news/149-2011-ford-svt-shelby-gt-500

About 5 paragraphs down in the 2nd article they talk about the upgraded HE.

I'm still having a hard time figuring out which one their talking about.

If the 2011 got an upgraded "intercooler" then you got a sweet deal.

If the 2011 got an upgraded "heat exchanger" then you're still better off with a dual fan setup from Revan.

Archived