TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Registry

michschi

I don't want to sound like a jackass, but is it possible to see your car in the registry! I registried it when I bought it, but I would like to see if it had been previously registered because I bought it with 7000 miles on it!

I don't want to sound like a jackass, but is it possible to see your car in the registry! I registried it when I bought it, but I would like to see if it had been previously registered because I bought it with 7000 miles on it!

Currently the registry is not viewable online. We are working on new software that will let owners view and update their registry entry online 24/7 but that is still some time away.

When you went to register the car, if a screen came up saying this car has already been registered do you want to change owner information, then you can pretty much assume it was previously registered. If no such screen appeared then the car was not previously registered with us.

Owners may submit registry updates for their car by clicking on the button towards the bottom right side from the link below.

http://registry.teamshelby.com/

Steve

Currently the registry is not viewable online. We are working on new software that will let owners view and update their registry entry online 24/7 but that is still some time away.

When you went to register the car, if a screen came up saying this car has already been registered do you want to change owner information, then you can pretty much assume it was previously registered. If no such screen appeared then the car was not previously registered with us.

Owners may submit registry updates for their car by clicking on the button towards the bottom right side from the link below.

Steve

Thanks for the info!

Steve

Hi Steve,

I recently purchased my 2008 SGT and have entered it in the registry. Still waiting to get my permanent vehicle registration to send in to get my Certificate. Its great that Shelby is maintaining such records not only for Shelby American but for the Shelby owners as well. I do have a question:

Is there any way to get some kind of a more detailed report from Shelby similar to the Martii type report as on the Vintage Shelby's and Mustangs to determine exactly how many units of particular types of vehicles that were produced by Shelby?

Sort of like the Marti report that would say something like:

Of the X-Number of 2008 Shelby GT's Produced X-Number were Vista Blue

OfThe X-Number of Vista Blue Shelby's produced only X-Number were Convertibles

Of those X- Number of Convertbles only X-Number had Automatic Transmission

Of Those X- Number of Automatic Transmission Vehicles only X- Number of those had the DVD Navigation System

OF Those X- Number of Automatics with DVD Navigation Only X- Number had HID Headlights

OF Those Etc, Etc , until it drilled down to EXACTLY how many of that particular unit were made.

We see and hear people claiming all the time either on Team Shelby or other sites that thier cars were only 1 on 5 of Blah Blah Blah that were made in 2007/08/09/10. it would be nice to know in an "official" report from SAI itself about our vehicles Would it not be able to be done from the VIN Records/CSM Numbers that Shelby has on file? Is Shelby American working to be able to provide a "SHELBY REPORT" such as this? I would think many of us Shelby owner would really want this type of info to determine the "rarity" of our vehicles and I would think most of us would be willing to pay a reasonable price for an Official Shelby Report of this nature. I think this could also help with maintaining the value of our vehicles as time goes by. I look forward to your response. Thank you.

MHR

MHR

The SAI registry has several projects in the works. The free COA Registry Certificate Program was just the beginning. We realize that owning a Shelby is an investment to many enthusiasts and we are doing our best to protect your investment along with the Shelby brand. This will include projects that delve deeper into vehicle production records, projects that will document build numbers along with continuing to maintain a comprehensive registry to track these great Shelby cars.

Steve

Hi Steve,

I recently purchased my 2008 SGT and have entered it in the registry. Still waiting to get my permanent vehicle registration to send in to get my Certificate. Its great that Shelby is maintaining such records not only for Shelby American but for the Shelby owners as well. I do have a question:

Is there any way to get some kind of a more detailed report from Shelby similar to the Martii type report as on the Vintage Shelby's and Mustangs to determine exactly how many units of particular types of vehicles that were produced by Shelby?

Sort of like the Marti report that would say something like:

Of the X-Number of 2008 Shelby GT's Produced X-Number were Vista Blue

OfThe X-Number of Vista Blue Shelby's produced only X-Number were Convertibles

Of those X- Number of Convertbles only X-Number had Automatic Transmission

Of Those X- Number of Automatic Transmission Vehicles only X- Number of those had the DVD Navigation System

OF Those X- Number of Automatics with DVD Navigation Only X- Number had HID Headlights

OF Those Etc, Etc , until it drilled down to EXACTLY how many of that particular unit were made.

We see and hear people claiming all the time either on Team Shelby or other sites that thier cars were only 1 on 5 of Blah Blah Blah that were made in 2007/08/09/10. it would be nice to know in an "official" report from SAI itself about our vehicles Would it not be able to be done from the VIN Records/CSM Numbers that Shelby has on file? Is Shelby American working to be able to provide a "SHELBY REPORT" such as this? I would think many of us Shelby owner would really want this type of info to determine the "rarity" of our vehicles and I would think most of us would be willing to pay a reasonable price for an Official Shelby Report of this nature. I think this could also help with maintaining the value of our vehicles as time goes by. I look forward to your response. Thank you.

MHR

Great point....would love to see this feature in the future!!!!

Steve

If a Shelby already in the registry is sold and re-registered, does the original or previous owner continue to be listed with the new owner?

If a Shelby already in the registry is sold and re-registered, does the original or previous owner continue to be listed with the new owner?

Previous owners are never removed from the registry database. When a new owner registers the car he bumps the previously registered owner but of course the new owner will never see who the previous owner was.

Steve

We've been waiting on this for a long time...it will be great when its finally available to view online.

Archived