TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need quick reply on drive shaft loops

blazeone

How is it? Do you notice any additional noise or vibration?

Yes and Yes. I have not spoke to the shop that installed but they told me there would be some different "noises"... Im thinking that Ford had our cars pretty well setup from the factory for a "cushy" ride... Now that I have added UCA/LCA, panhard bar and driveshaft car is going to perform better for me at dragstrip and track but be less streetable....which I'm fine with..

If I see you at Cecil in November with SSOTN you can ride in car with me to listen...

M.

Yes and Yes. I have not spoke to the shop that installed but they told me there would be some different "noises"... Im thinking that Ford had our cars pretty well setup from the factory for a "cushy" ride... Now that I have added UCA/LCA, panhard bar and driveshaft car is going to perform better for me at dragstrip and track but be less streetable....which I'm fine with..

If I see you at Cecil in November with SSOTN you can ride in car with me to listen...

M.

I don't understand how a lighter weight driveshaft with less rotational mass could vibrate more or make more noise than the heavier iron driveshaft.

I plan on upgrading to a Dynotech on my '11 when they become available but don't want loops or plan on jacking my HP over 700 (probably 650 long term) or tracking it. Do I need driveshaft loops?

I don't understand how a lighter weight driveshaft with less rotational mass could vibrate more or make more noise than the heavier iron driveshaft.

I plan on upgrading to a Dynotech on my '11 when they become available but don't want loops or plan on jacking my HP over 700 (probably 650 long term) or tracking it. Do I need driveshaft loops?

Well, the loop for me is for the dragstrip. You would not need that if your car is not tracked. Maybe I have the squeaky rear differential thing happening but we added friction modifier.. I'm pretty sure it is the driveshaft...

M.

Its not the rotational mass, its switching from a two piece to a one piece that causes vibrations. Even though a poorly made aluminum driveshaft can cause all kids of headaches.

Its not the rotational mass, its switching from a two piece to a one piece that causes vibrations.

Yes, just talked to my mod guy and he said the same thing.. It does not bother me while driving... I just wanted to make sure everything was "ok"...

M.

M.

Thanks for the info. I might take you up on that offer in November. :)

Its not the rotational mass, its switching from a two piece to a one piece that causes vibrations. Even though a poorly made aluminum driveshaft can cause all kids of headaches.

Is there a 2 piece aluminum driveshaft replacement offered by anyone?

Archived