TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dent Repair Suggestions

Dubstang

I have about three silver dollar sized dents on my car. One on the passenger side rear quarter panel and two on the driver side rear quarter panel. Fortunately, none of the dents are on crease lines, just in the middle of the panel. Has anyone had experience repairing something similar by either a professional or on their own? I've heard of people using dry ice to remove the dents or buying a kit?

Any thoughts, suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Although not very big in size, they are driving me nuts. I can't stand the sight of the imperfections on the car.

Thanks,

Jim

i have used the paintless dent removal guy and was quite happy with the results . the guy showed up i pointed out the dent went in the house 5 or 10 minutes . when i came back out he was done and packing up i would try them first

JIM

i have used the paintless dent removal guy and was quite happy with the results . the guy showed up i pointed out the dent went in the house 5 or 10 minutes . when i came back out he was done and packing up i would try them first

JIM

Yeah I saw them online too. I will check it out. Do you remember what they charge?

Yeah I saw them online too. I will check it out. Do you remember what they charge?

I used a PDR guy for a deep dent, on a crease on the Right Rear QP about 8" back from the door.

PERFECT job and about $150 as I recall. Worth every penny and then some

:yup:

JIM

I did the same for a pretty bad door ding on my passenger door. Cost me $100 cash.

Before they begin I'd ask how they will reach the dent. As mine was in the door, there was a small chance they would have to either take the inside panel off or drill a small hole in the thickness of the door. Luckily they didn't do either as their tools were able to pass by the window seal.

Car looks good as new and worth every penny!!

Thank you for all the replies. Much appreciated.

Jim

Most of the Dealership (Ford/GM/Chry/etc) used car lots use paintless dent removal companies on their used cars.

Go to one and ask either the Used Car Sales Manager, the Service Manager or the General Manager and I'd bet they'll be able to give you a contact number.

Phill

Archived