TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Grille & Hood Locks

Dont care for the grill, the gt500 snake, the brake ducts or the fog lights........sorry! :salute:

No worries. Personally I have never been a fan of the billet grille and always though that a Shelby Mustang should have a cobra on it. And I chose the Agent 47 brake ducts as the design seemed to integrate in the design of the fascia pretty well and I am thinking they work better than the Shelby ducts due to size of the openings. And regarding the fog lights I think they are a little small and will probably go with slightly larger ones.

No worries. Personally I have never been a fan of the billet grille and always though that a Shelby Mustang should have a cobra on it. And I chose the Agent 47 brake ducts as the design seemed to integrate in the design of the fascia pretty well and I am thinking they work better than the Shelby ducts due to size of the openings. And regarding the fog lights I think they are a little small and will probably go with slightly larger ones.

that is what is so great about these cars, so many options.......to fit almost any taste or modding direction......the hood pins are cool, no more of those lame lanyards!

excellent choice there!

Swapped out grille for Bullit version and added vintage style twist hood locks from Cervini's. Grille was very easy and took about 20 minutes to swap including removal of original grille. Had hood locks done by local shop.

I not a big fan of the grille but I do love the lights and the ducts, 1 of 1!!!

Swapped out grille for Bullit version and added vintage style twist hood locks from Cervini's. Grille was very easy and took about 20 minutes to swap including removal of original grille. Had hood locks done by local shop.

I like the hood locks quite a bit. I'm not sure about the grill and I don't think the lights look right. How much bigger are the Cervini's? I alway liked the way they looked although I would have to replace them every few months with all the road grit around here.....

I like the hood locks quite a bit. I'm not sure about the grill and I don't think the lights look right. How much bigger are the Cervini's? I alway liked the way they looked although I would have to replace them every few months with all the road grit around here.....

I just think the lights need to be closer together!

I liked that you color matched the brake scoops looks sharp the grille it's your taste and foglights would look better together like mine it was sweet of you to copy me !!! :drool: I have on red heels only heels call me :hysterical:

Sorry couldn't resist but everyone has their own taste do what makes you happy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like the Hood Locks - Where did you get the harness for the Fog light?

Thanks - Doc

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like the Hood Locks - Where did you get the harness for the Fog light?

Thanks - Doc

When SAI removed the original fog lights they left the wiring behind the grill and the fog lights are turned on by pulling out the headlight switch.

I rather like the grille, but it definitely gives the car a more 67-68 feel. And those hood latches/pins definitely contribute to that. I would take it one step further and use the GT500 rear spoiler. It would complement the all white front bumper really well- you'd have a 67 looking car. Just my opinion.

BTW, I really like the cobra on the grille.

I rather like the grille, but it definitely gives the car a more 67-68 feel. And those hood latches/pins definitely contribute to that. I would take it one step further and use the GT500 rear spoiler. It would complement the all white front bumper really well- you'd have a 67 looking car. Just my opinion.

BTW, I really like the cobra on the grille.

I got them a while ago but I believe cervini's has a set for the stock GT hood and one for their aftermarket hoods and the set I got were for the stock GT hood. I think the shop charged me about $100 and there were mods that needed to be made. Because the section of the GTH hood where the locks go is angled up from the grille going back the brackets that that the locks attach to had to be bent up so they would be at the same angle of the hood. They also had to have two replacement shafts machined that were longer to reach the brackets. Sounds like a pain what it was not that bad. I will try to get some underhood pics.

And the car does have a GT 500 wing that I added a while ago. See photo.

SGT.pdf

SGT.pdf

doh.gif

You're doing it wrong.

We all take great pride in our cars and what we do with them and how we fell about them is very personal and one's own choice. All that matters to me is that I am very happy with the mods I have made to my car. You are entitled to your opinion but to tell me I am doing it wrong is rude as I bought the car, made the payments and now it is 100% owned by me and what I do to it is my personal choice. There have been many on this board that have made quite a few changes to their cars and I have never told anyone that they are doing it wrong because what they are doing is what makes them happy. When it comes to personal choices there is no right or wrong. I have always been a Shelby fan and have great respect for what Mr. Shelby has accomplished and brought to the auto industry. Personally if I were involved in the design of the Shelby GT I would have made different choices as I am sure is the case with many of us. I also have taken great pride in adding only high quality components to my car but unfortunately we have all seen how many issues there have been due to SAI using components and processes on these cars that were sub par. Three years ago when I got this car, like everyone else I was extremely excited to be able to buy a real Shelby and I still am but a lot of that feeling was lost when things like hood scoops, cheap hood locks, etc became problems. I am fortunate that I ordered my car with the GTH hood and no hood locks as I was able to bypass those issues. Maybe if this car better lived up to the name on the trunk many of us would feel obligated to leave it as is. Either way I did not buy this car as an investment but to have fun with it and I do every time I drive it. Stil love Shelby but they should have had more quality control and attention to detail on what they put on this car.

I got them a while ago but I believe cervini's has a set for the stock GT hood and one for their aftermarket hoods and the set I got were for the stock GT hood. I think the shop charged me about $100 and there were mods that needed to be made. Because the section of the GTH hood where the locks go is angled up from the grille going back the brackets that that the locks attach to had to be bent up so they would be at the same angle of the hood. They also had to have two replacement shafts machined that were longer to reach the brackets. Sounds like a pain what it was not that bad. I will try to get some underhood pics.

And the car does have a GT 500 wing that I added a while ago. See photo.

SMGT...first let me tell you. This is how I judge a car. I'm walking through a car show, all the while scanning the crowd for anything that catches my eye. I sort of make a mental note going in, of the ones I want to stop and give a second look. I can usually tell at an average size show, in a few minutes of 'browsing', which cars are going to get my attention. Personally, I like what you've done to your SGT. Your changes are very subtle, yet tasteful. That is exactly how I roll. My wife has given me a hard time for most of the cosmetic mods I've done to my 500. She says I have ruined an otherwise perfect car. Frankly, you speak well to the one poster that said you were "Doing it all wrong"...advising him that although Mr. Shelby teamed with FOMOCO to do these cars, there are still things we might like to have had done from either the factory, or SAI as stock. There is a VERY GOOD reason that the S197 cars have the MOST available aftermarket mods for them, than any other US made car in history! It speaks volumes to the fact that there are many tastes out there. Variety is truly the spice of life!

The other thing I do at car shows, is keep ALL of my comments to myself, as I am looking at a guys car. When I walk away from it, my wife and I (she's usually with me), will talk about the things we either liked or disliked. We don't believe in dogging someone's hard earned investment, nor their impression of what a Mustang means to them.

All that said....IMO you may like the Agent47 mirrors on your ride??? I am installing mine tomorrow on my Perf. White GT500 with just the 'Bullitt' painted white!?

You go man!! Cheers,

Bikeboy

SMGT...first let me tell you. This is how I judge a car. I'm walking through a car show, all the while scanning the crowd for anything that catches my eye. I sort of make a mental note going in, of the ones I want to stop and give a second look. I can usually tell at an average size show, in a few minutes of 'browsing', which cars are going to get my attention. Personally, I like what you've done to your SGT. Your changes are very subtle, yet tasteful. That is exactly how I roll. My wife has given me a hard time for most of the cosmetic mods I've done to my 500. She says I have ruined an otherwise perfect car. Frankly, you speak well to the one poster that said you were "Doing it all wrong"...advising him that although Mr. Shelby teamed with FOMOCO to do these cars, there are still things we might like to have had done from either the factory, or SAI as stock. There is a VERY GOOD reason that the S197 cars have the MOST available aftermarket mods for them, than any other US made car in history! It speaks volumes to the fact that there are many tastes out there. Variety is truly the spice of life!

The other thing I do at car shows, is keep ALL of my comments to myself, as I am looking at a guys car. When I walk away from it, my wife and I (she's usually with me), will talk about the things we either liked or disliked. We don't believe in dogging someone's hard earned investment, nor their impression of what a Mustang means to them.

All that said....IMO you may like the Agent47 mirrors on your ride??? I am installing mine tomorrow on my Perf. White GT500 with just the 'Bullitt' painted white!?

You go man!! Cheers,

Bikeboy

Thanks Bikeboy. I appreciate your support. I have the white mirror covers on my car as you can see but have been considering the A47 mirrors. Looking forward to seeing pics of your mirrors. And some here might think I am trying to convert my car in to a 500 with the black grille, 500 wing, snake emblem etc but that is not the case. I am merely pulling in all the Shleby design cues that I like to make my car the way I want it. These are great cars and I am proud to own a Shelby. Enjoy your ride.

I always liked those kinda hood pins, I think you did a nice job on that Shelby, keep going!

I always liked those kinda hood pins, I think you did a nice job on that Shelby, keep going!

Thanks very much for the compliments! Exterior of car is almost complete. I have a set of F1 Supercars in my basement but having a hard time deciding on a set of 18" wheels. Any suggestions by the group would be appreciated. Considering anthracite Razors but can't use larger brakes. Also considering anthracite FR500s which will accomodate brakes.

Thanks very much for the compliments! Exterior of car is almost complete. I have a set of F1 Supercars in my basement but having a hard time deciding on a set of 18" wheels. Any suggestions by the group would be appreciated. Considering anthracite Razors but can't use larger brakes. Also considering anthracite FR500s which will accomodate brakes.

Do you have any picture of under your hood for the pin mounts, I think they are great and would like to see better pic's

SMGT....As we talked the other day, I get and feel EXACTLY as you. Bringing in SHELBY 'cues' from all eras.

Thus, have you thought about the Halibrands. Grey centers...with or without spinners. The 20's may fit large brakes.

Bikeboy

I like it, how is the fit of the Agent47 scoops? What lights are those?

Thanks. Scoops are made very well and fit perfectly. They come with a template so you just remove the black honeycomb pieces and use the template to cut out a square hole and attach the scoops with two clipes just like the panels attach. I did that part and had a shop run the hoses to the rotors. And I had the lights done a couple of years ago and don't remember the brand. You can go to a local customizer and order what you want from a catalog. Thats what I did and had them install them. They did have to remove the front fascia.