TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New (relatively) 07SGT Owner

07SGT5687

Heya Folks,

Finally got on board here. We're from Littleton, CO and we picked up our 07SGT5687 last fall. We searched high and low (East and West) for a clean low mileage one and after only finding 10-30K mile cars on the East and West coasts for $32k+, we luckily found this one in Kansas City with 353 miles (brand spanking new condition) and NOT for $32k! And get this (it was meant to be)... We found it online on a Wednesday... Frontier was running a fare sale, one-way, to Kansas City... that Wednesday only... for that Saturday only... for FREE... well almost... it was Free - you pay the Fees. Apparently there was a NASCAR race, NFL game, College Football game and a major Rodeo all in the same weekend and none were sold out, so at the last minute that tried to influx the city with some stupid cheap fares. So my wife and I bought 2 one-way tickets to Kansas City for $36.90 (total), flew to Kansas City that Saturday and were home by 10pm with our "new" SGT (which by then already had just over 1,000 miles on it). She has over 5k miles now as I do drive it near daily (sunny weather permitting). But I'm trying my damnedest to keep her as pristine as possible... as long as possible. She's a White, 5spd, with Charcoal Leather, IUP, Shaker 500... I think thats about it for the "additional options". Oh and heated seats I guess too.

It was a replacement to our beloved 05 GT that got totaled by a guy that ran a red light last fall. Man that was a hit. if anyone tries to tell you these cars are not safe... call them a liar on the spot. Took a 55mph Volvo in my drivers door and A-pillar and didn't have a scratch on me. But it all enabled us to finally get in the Shelby camp, so a blessing in disguise I guess.

Loving the handling of this car. Took it up and down the Golden Gate Canyon road (Golden, CO) a few times this year and wow does it rip that canyon up. Very impressive.

Not much done to it so far, just a couple little dressup items. Don't want to "change" it as much as just add some Shelby pieces to it to differentiate it a bit from the others at shows and such. Interior dressup items, Shelby GT engine dressup, Shelby fuel door, Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT with all the addons, 10% window tint, silver drivers fender stripes... thats about it for now. Used the 15% 4th of July sale to buy a couple more little dressup pieces and I ordered a set of 20" Shelby Gun Metal Razors with Nitto 555 rubber on Sunday. Hope to see them early next week. Had a good chat with someone I met at the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup this year that convinced me to go the route of a non-Shelby installed SC, so I'm shopping around a Kenne Bell for install over the winter. Suggestions?

I'm sure you all know what she looks like, but I can post some pics if you like.

Lookin' forward to hangin' out around here and maybe even meeting some of you... and your cars.

Cheers, JR

Loving the handling of this car. Took it up and down the Golden Gate Canyon road (Golden, CO) a few times this year and wow does it rip that canyon up. Very impressive.

Welcome JR and congrats! I have driven that canyon with the little womans Cobalt about a year ago and thought "this would be a great place for the Shelby", I'm envious!!!

Take care and have fun, you should be safe because you didn't get the fast (black) color!!!

Being a newb here, I'll let that one slide! ;) But MAN those black ones were dirty at the last show I went to!!! ;)

Nice chioce and welcome. The SGT is a really fun car. The reason the Black SGT's are dirty is due to the leftover residue of all the cars we blow by. :hysterical: Guess we need to clean them more often. Take care and drive safe. Watch out for the Dark Side (Black SGT's). Never know what they will do if you get to close.

Heya Folks,

Finally got on board here. We're from Littleton, CO and we picked up our 07SGT5687 last fall. We searched high and low (East and West) for a clean low mileage one and after only finding 10-30K mile cars on the East and West coasts for $32k+, we luckily found this one in Kansas City with 353 miles (brand spanking new condition) and NOT for $32k! And get this (it was meant to be)... We found it online on a Wednesday... Frontier was running a fare sale, one-way, to Kansas City... that Wednesday only... for that Saturday only... for FREE... well almost... it was Free - you pay the Fees. Apparently there was a NASCAR race, NFL game, College Football game and a major Rodeo all in the same weekend and none were sold out, so at the last minute that tried to influx the city with some stupid cheap fares. So my wife and I bought 2 one-way tickets to Kansas City for $36.90 (total), flew to Kansas City that Saturday and were home by 10pm with our "new" SGT (which by then already had just over 1,000 miles on it). She has over 5k miles now as I do drive it near daily (sunny weather permitting). But I'm trying my damnedest to keep her as pristine as possible... as long as possible. She's a White, 5spd, with Charcoal Leather, IUP, Shaker 500... I think thats about it for the "additional options". Oh and heated seats I guess too.

It was a replacement to our beloved 05 GT that got totaled by a guy that ran a red light last fall. Man that was a hit. if anyone tries to tell you these cars are not safe... call them a liar on the spot. Took a 55mph Volvo in my drivers door and A-pillar and didn't have a scratch on me. But it all enabled us to finally get in the Shelby camp, so a blessing in disguise I guess.

Not much done to it so far, just a couple little dressup items. Don't want to "change" it as much as just add some Shelby pieces to it to differentiate it a bit from the others at shows and such. Interior dressup items, Shelby GT engine dressup, Shelby fuel door, Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT with all the addons, 10% window tint, silver drivers fender stripes... thats about it for now. Used the 15% 4th of July sale to buy a couple more little dressup pieces and I ordered a set of 20" Shelby Gun Metal Razors with Nitto 555 rubber on Sunday. Hope to see them early next week. Had a good chat with someone I met at the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup this year that convinced me to go the route of a non-Shelby installed SC, so I'm shopping around a Kenne Bell for install over the winter. Suggestions?

I'm sure you all know what she looks like, but I can post some pics if you like.

Lookin' forward to hangin' out around here and maybe even meeting some of you... and your cars.

Cheers, JR

Welcome aboard !!! It's really nice to see new owners that are planning to drive their cars. The SGTs are great road cars and get decent gas mileage. I bought my white SGT new and have driven over 27,000 miles and not a ding yet. Driving the SGT on vacations and road trips is more fun then sitting around at a car show. And don't let the black SGT people fool you, the black SGTs are just a "shadow" of the white cars!!!! Enjoy. (note: I would install original Shelby parts as much as possible and keep all of the invoices. Being able to say your car has "original SAI factory parts" has value)

Welcome aboard!!! I've had my SGT for over 3 years now and the excitement has not worn off in the least! :shift:

Welcome to the "Club"... Which dealer in KC did you purchase your SGT from???

There weren't very many White ones in the surrounding area when I bought mine in 2007...

Oh, and don't forget to REGISTER your Shelby... THANKS!

Gregg

07SGT0547

Welcome! There is a very large contingent of Shelby owners in the Denver area. We are a fairly active group and try to get together once a month or so for Breakfast. We go by the Colorado Shelby Breakfast Club. Check out the web site at CSBC Being in the Littleton area, if you're interested, you can also check out the Mustang Club that I'm in. The Denver Mustang Club meets at Phil Long Ford down there on Wadsworth near Bellview. We actually will be there this Friday night at 7:00 pm. We meet there the second Friday of every month. Web site: Denver Mustang Club Congrats on your new toy!

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW OR SORT OF NEW PURCHASE. YOU WILL

REALLY ENJOY THE CARS HANDELING ABILITIES AND WHITE IS NOT

A BAD COLOR AT ALL , BUT GRABBER ORANGE IS THE RAREST AND

FASTEST OF THE SHELBY GT CARS.

AND I"M READY FOR ALL YOU FLAMERS OF OTHER COLORS. :hysterical:

SCOTTY

:extinguish::extinguish::extinguish::extinguish::extinguish:

post-18850-12789616184_thumb.jpg

post-18850-127896168835_thumb.jpg

post-18850-12789616184_thumb.jpg

post-18850-127896168835_thumb.jpg

Welcome!!!!!!!!

You are the closest I have seen to my CSM number, I am 5696, I still have not heard of one higher than mine, I am sure they are out there, but have not seen one. Ours may have been assembled the same week, maybe even the same day.

You will love it, got the best color as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought my white SGT new and have driven over 27,000 miles and not a ding yet.

Well, I can't quite say "not a ding", but she's pretty flawless still. One rock chip out of one of the front bumper stripes, and a small door ding from a particular marital passenger that swung the door open into an air compressor in the garage... :banghead:

(note: I would install original Shelby parts as much as possible and keep all of the invoices. Being able to say your car has "original SAI factory parts" has value)

Way ahead of ya! Got a good stack of them already!

Welcome to the "Club"... Which dealer in KC did you purchase your SGT from???

It was actually a Chrysler dealership, Overland Park Jeep Dodge Chrysler. But the sales guy I bought it from used to work at the Ford dealership that was next door and was the one that sold the car originally to the guy that put 300+ miles on it in 2+ years.

Oh, and don't forget to REGISTER your Shelby...

I think I had it registered before I actually took ownership... is that okay?! lol

Be careful here....the infectious disease of modding your car is very contagious

I'm very familiar with the mod-bug. Funny thing is (you'll get a kick out of this)... I said I was going to keep it ALL ORIGINAL... LMAO!! Ya right, that lasted about 2 months and now that I got back from the track this weekend, that is completely out the window. I will stick as much as possible to SAI parts only and if not, only bolt on parts. No drilling or welding here. Looking for that ever-elusive KB2.9L though, once the civil settlement from my accident is concluded one of these ions. Even got the wife's approval on that one (not sure how that happened).

We are a fairly active group and try to get together once a month or so for Breakfast. We go by the Colorado Shelby Breakfast Club. Check out the web site at CSBC Being in the Littleton area, if you're interested, you can also check out the Mustang Club that I'm in. The Denver Mustang Club meets at Phil Long Ford down there on Wadsworth near Belleview.

Hey Jeff, odds are, I may have already met you. I am familiar with the CSBC and very familiar with DMC. I need to come see you guys at your next Cars and Coffee or actual breakfast. We're talking about doing to the BBQ down near Elisabeth in a couple weeks. And I raced with DMC at Club Clash Friday night at Bandimere. I'm in another Mustang club called ColoradoStangs, but have intended for sometime know to join DMC as well. Phil Long is right next to my house and their big Wild West Auto Fest show is across the street! I'm sure we'll meet again and/or soon.

Welcome to TS. enjoyed reading your post of excitement.

Eh, I'm one for a good story... can you tell? Glad you enjoyed. I sure have.

PS - got a pic with the new Razors installed. What say you all?

post-29278-128078621963_thumb.jpg

post-29278-128078621963_thumb.jpg

Thanks on the wheel compliments. I've actually seen some of the chrome ones lately and I've waivered on if I should have done those instead. But I saw them on an identical car we almost bought before this one and thought it looked great. Funny thing is I DIDN'T buy that one because some guy wanted like $3-4kmore because it had those wheels and tires. I just got them for $1750, all in. Either he WAY overpaid, or was way over-inflating the 'value'.

Now that I said, that I hope I didn't offend anyone that may have actually paid that much for them too! :doh:

Archived