TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H Hood Pins

Just added new hood pins(complete kit) since the original set were really worn out. I dont care too much for the design as the pins slide when in place and didnt want to change them to the Bullitt style. We did however add clear tubing to both sides after the install which keeps the ring and pin from moving.

Just added new hood pins(complete kit) since the original set were really worn out. I dont care too much for the design as the pins slide when in place and didnt want to change them to the Bullitt style. We did however add clear tubing to both sides after the install which keeps the ring and pin from moving.

i agree with your opinion of the pins. What do you mean about the clear tubing? Do you have a photo of the finished product?

i agree with your opinion of the pins. What do you mean about the clear tubing? Do you have a photo of the finished product?

We added a 1/2" piece of clear tubing to both sides of the pins. One of which slides on after you insert it through the post. You will have to remove the second piece to slide the pin out but its a simple soultion that isnt even noticeable. The ring rests on the tubing as well and no more wear and tear! I can try and take a picture but since the tubing is clear it will be difficult to see.

We added a 1/2" piece of clear tubing to both sides of the pins. One of which slides on after you insert it through the post. You will have to remove the second piece to slide the pin out but its a simple soultion that isnt even noticeable. The ring rests on the tubing as well and no more wear and tear! I can try and take a picture but since the tubing is clear it will be difficult to see.

That makes perfect sense. Another common sense solution that is easy to do. Another "why didn't I think of that" thing.

Thanks

That makes perfect sense. Another common sense solution that is easy to do. Another "why didn't I think of that" thing.

Thanks

Even better I talked to my restoration contact and we are going to have the old pins drilled out and re-chromed which will allow me to slide the tubing on once and for all and in one piece.

Archived