TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR OEM hood on ebay...

First, my only interest in the KR hood on ebay is how did the seller of this "KR hood" acquire it if in fact it is a genuine KR hood. Thats the real issue since SAI has told us that only KR owners can acquire KR specific parts. Didn't they say that? Isn't that part of KR ownership or did I miss something here?

I don't give a rats patuty beyond that if its real or not. If someone buys it and pays the freight for a real KR hood and its not a genuine KR hood he thought he was paying for I couldn't care less. There is a sucker born every second. Not my problem.

If it is a real KR hood the only two options are an owner of a KR suckered SAI into selling him a replacement hood perhaps by sending them a damaged one he picked up in a salvage yard in return or there is a "mole" on the inside of SAI shipping KR hoods out the back door. Is there a third option I haven't thought of????

The aftermarket can produce KR look alike hoods all they want. They are now as a matter of fact. Couldn't care less. They are not genuine Shelby parts or genuine KR hoods.

As a matter of fact I don't mind clones or tribute cars a bit. If someone wants to clone a KR thats great. Copying is the greatest form of flattery.

ZR1's are a different kettle of fish. Cheverolet to my knowledge never told ZR1 owners that the ZR1 specific parts are reserved for ZR1 owners. Not at least that I heard.

My curiosity is how did the seller get his hands on a KR only part that is supposed to be limited to KR owners. That is the extent of my interest.

Mr. bullit: And as far as the KR still being worth the money I paid...not sure and aside from detecting what sounds like sour grapes all I can say is its still worth every penny I paid for it to me.... owning what I think is one of the most charismatic Shelby Mustangs to come down the pipe in over 40 years and being only one of 1600 pre-title Shelbys to boot. Something tells me you don't own one or have a CSM # assigned to your car. But you obviously don't care..

Mr. Real One,

SAI have never changed there mind, have they?

Your third option, Shelby doesn't pay his bills, things happen.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could see Plasma would be pissed if the bills didn't get paid and they could possibly be reproducing them and selling them on ebay it would be very highly unlikely but you never know. confused.gif

LibertyAuto,

what do you think your hood is worth?

As a matter of fact I don't mind clones or tribute cars a bit. If someone wants to clone a KR thats great.

Great, nice to have gotten that straight. Now bust out that extra set of KR wheels I know you have squirrelled away in your garage attic and sell 'em to me! And don't rape me on the 'unavailable KR item' tax. And don't package them so that every bit of Durabrite finish is scraped off in transit. Thank you!

If I had an extra set of KR wheels, which I don't, I would keep them for me and certainly wouldn't sell them to you. You'll have to find a set of KR wheels on you own for that KR tribute car you are building. :hysterical3:

Whats my hood worth? Its not for sale. .

It also sounds like some here are assuming the third option. You know what they say when you "assume".

If I had an extra set of KR wheels, which I don't, I would keep them for me and certainly wouldn't sell them to you. You'll have to find a set of KR wheels on you own for that KR tribute car you are building. :hysterical3:

It also sounds like some here are assuming the third option. You know what they say when you "assume".

What is "assumed" here is that there is actually a market for this item among the non KR owning common folk. Sure, there might be a goon or two looking to put a $7,000 hood on a car worth 30 grand but not many. Geeeesus, use your head man.

I'm not assuming anything. Nor did I start this thread. The assumptions were coming from others as to a "thrid option" of how real KR hoods finding their way to the market.

Thirdly, as I recall some here indicated they would pay up to $4000.00 for the hood on this thread There certainly would be a market for the hood at the right price. Certainly current KR owners might be interested in a spare hood for the right price if its the real deal.

Fourthly, and I'll state again, I couldn't care less. My only interest/curiosity was how a real/genuine KR hood found its way on to Ebay, again, if we believe its real.

Ouch. I don't think you should be taking your anger out about Shelby's exclusive parts leaking out onto the open market on fellow Shelby owners. You really didn't think these parts wouldn't hit the open mark sooner or later, did you? Enjoy your car but don't begrudge others who like the look but not the price tag from enjoying their hobby any way they wish.

Prove to us there are fake KR hoods out there that duplicate the underside of the KR hood. Who's makin them? Who's selling them? Who's come forward saying they've been ripped off?

I'm not assuming anything. Nor did I start this thread. The assumptions were coming from others as to a "thrid option" of how real KR hoods finding their way to the market.

Thirdly, as I recall some here indicated they would pay up to $4000.00 for the hood on this thread There certainly would be a market for the hood at the right price. Certainly current KR owners might be interested in a spare hood for the right price if its the real deal.

Fourthly, and I'll state again, I couldn't care less. My only interest/curiosity was how a real/genuine KR hood found its way on to Ebay, again, if we believe its real.

i just made an account just to tell you how gay u sound. you only repeated the same shit 5 times, y dont you go cry to mommy now, accept it and shut it up already.

i just made an account just to tell you how gay u sound. you only repeated the same shit 5 times, y dont you go cry to mommy now, accept it and shut it up already.

. . . . .and we just deleted this account. You're allowed to have ONE account per user.

What a duplicitous troll. :hysterical: Why don't you post under your real user name. :censored::hysterical:

First, don't care about clones. I like clones/tribute cars. Not angry at all. replication is the highest form of flattery.

Second, all I said was I was curious how a genuine KR hood was on Ebay, if it is a real KR hood.

Beyond being curious I don't care.

Great, nice to have gotten that straight. Now bust out that extra set of KR wheels I know you have squirrelled away in your garage attic and sell 'em to me! And don't rape me on the 'unavailable KR item' tax. And don't package them so that every bit of Durabrite finish is scraped off in transit. Thank you!

so, do you want those wheels with or with out rubber :hysterical:

Second, all I said was I was curious how a genuine KR hood was on Ebay, if it is a real KR hood.

Dude, the guy showed you a invoice from Shelby and the underside of the hood is FOR SURE a true KR.

Why are you having so much trouble understanding that it's REAL?

Obviously a KR owner bought a hood for one reason or another and decided not to use it and to sell it.

How hard is *that* to believe???

I"ve seen *many* KR wheels for sale by folks that don't have a SAI invoice OR a KR. So why not a hood???

Phill

Dude, the guy showed you a invoice from Shelby and the underside of the hood is FOR SURE a true KR.

Why are you having so much trouble understanding that it's REAL?

Obviously a KR owner bought a hood for one reason or another and decided not to use it and to sell it.

How hard is *that* to believe???

I"ve seen *many* KR wheels for sale by folks that don't have a SAI invoice OR a KR. So why not a hood???

Phill

Non-KR owners have gotten their hands on REAL KR hoods. I've seen a few in a short time. :talkhand:

Wow this thread went downhill fast! First, it was not my intention at all to cause contention or division among members here. I just wanted to point out the fact that an OEM KR hood was for sale on ebay.

I honestly don't mind one bit that it is for sale. In fact if SAI reversed their decision and started selling the wheels,hoods,splitters or whatever to other GT 500 owners I would not care in the least. Hell, one of the reasons I bought the car was in part due to the hood and wheels among other things. I can certainly understand someone wanting parts of the car because they can't afford the whole thing. If a guy puts everything including seats, floor mats and the whole nine yards on his car INCLUDING fake CSM tags he still doesn't have an authentic KR. A knowledgeable person could verify this quite easily with SAI and the registry. My KR is the real deal along with the other KR owners here. They are limited and controlled as everyone knows. Even if they made as many KRs as GT500s I still would have bought it. I love my KR and I could care less if someone tries to imitate me. Because no matter what I have a KR and the other is just a clone/copy/wanna be or whatever. In fact I wish SAI would produce more wheels and other limited parts because God forbid I have an issue 20 or 30 years from now as the parts will be unobtainable.

In fact if I had a run of the mill GT 500 and I wanted a KR type hood there is NO way I'd buy the real thing for 4K+!! I'd buy a knock off for a fraction of the price with most people none the wiser. Guys we all own Shelbys!! Some of us have KRs some have GTs some have 500s. Don't hate the KR guys because we own KRs. I know I for one don't hate the 500 guys because they made 40K (just kidding)of your cars. Who really freaking cares??!! I sure as heck don't. In fact I feel quite lacking when I park my stock KR next to a '500 whose owner put a ton of time and effort into making it his own. I did absolutely nothing to the car and the next guy might have put months or years into building his car.

Lets face it : the KRs are somewhat more limited. This does NOT make them "better" or what -the hell-ever it only makes them more limited. That's it. I would have no problem if SAI started selling parts from KRs to normal '500s. But they don't so get so bitter about it. Man, you can almost see the temper tantrums you guys are throwing while posting about this.

Shelbys are simply work of art! Case in point: we won the top Ford and the top muscle car overall at a large national event this past weekend. There were huge amounts of high quality cars of all kinds. But I am just amazed how people walk past the 'vettes and crapmaros without looking so they can drool over the Shelbys. Non-stop people wanting to take pics of all of them together. I was honored to take the top spot but there were at LEAST 10 normal '500s that deserved it over us. The next day we went to a smaller local car show and parked by a concours original '68 KR that was quite honestly perfect in every sense of the word. I KNEW that he would win as it was freaking awesome. He didn't even place nor did I. Who won the top 3? 3 very nicely modded '500s. Who gives a shit if if my wheels are limited or you have 100 more RWHP??? NOBODY!

GT 500-07 , I know you jest most times but you sir come off very arrogant and condescending with your tone and all you've done in this thread is simply troll for responses. You have added NOTHING to this thread except stir the pot! :headscratch:

I started this thread because I, like Real one, was curious how this guy got it. He never said and I imagine its not legit. Oh, the hood is legit but the method to get it probably involved theft,fraud or dishonesty on some level. I am not accusing anyone only making educated responses to the information I found out. Again its not because he has one for sale that bothers me its the method he used to obtain them. He only divulged vague info when pressed by an unknown(to him) person. It's most likely fraudulently obtained and I don't care one or the other. I just hate to see people get away with crap like this and then openly rub it under the noses of the people (SAI) being defrauded. That's all.

Flame away if you want but there is no reason to hate KR owners for some wheels and a hood ! And It seemed that the flamers and trolls on this thread at least are 100% NON KR owners. So, why even cause trouble over something that you can't get but CAN get a knock off for a small fraction of the price of a real one.

Can't we just forget this thread and get back to discussing who has the most clutches replaced or the worst ordering experience at least?

Andy

Wow this thread went downhill fast! First, it was not my intention at all to cause contention or division among members here. I just wanted to point out the fact that an OEM KR hood was for sale on ebay.

I honestly don't mind one bit that it is for sale. In fact if SAI reversed their decision and started selling the wheels,hoods,splitters or whatever to other GT 500 owners I would not care in the least. Hell, one of the reasons I bought the car was in part due to the hood and wheels among other things. I can certainly understand someone wanting parts of the car because they can't afford the whole thing. If a guy puts everything including seats, floor mats and the whole nine yards on his car INCLUDING fake CSM tags he still doesn't have an authentic KR. A knowledgeable person could verify this quite easily with SAI and the registry. My KR is the real deal along with the other KR owners here. They are limited and controlled as everyone knows. Even if they made as many KRs as GT500s I still would have bought it. I love my KR and I could care less if someone tries to imitate me. Because no matter what I have a KR and the other is just a clone/copy/wanna be or whatever. In fact I wish SAI would produce more wheels and other limited parts because God forbid I have an issue 20 or 30 years from now as the parts will be unobtainable.

In fact if I had a run of the mill GT 500 and I wanted a KR type hood there is NO way I'd buy the real thing for 4K+!! I'd buy a knock off for a fraction of the price with most people none the wiser. Guys we all own Shelbys!! Some of us have KRs some have GTs some have 500s. Don't hate the KR guys because we own KRs. I know I for one don't hate the 500 guys because they made 40K (just kidding)of your cars. Who really freaking cares??!! I sure as heck don't. In fact I feel quite lacking when I park my stock KR next to a '500 whose owner put a ton of time and effort into making it his own. I did absolutely nothing to the car and the next guy might have put months or years into building his car.

Lets face it : the KRs are somewhat more limited. This does NOT make them "better" or what -the hell-ever it only makes them more limited. That's it. I would have no problem if SAI started selling parts from KRs to normal '500s. But they don't so get so bitter about it. Man, you can almost see the temper tantrums you guys are throwing while posting about this.

Shelbys are simply work of art! Case in point: we won the top Ford and the top muscle car overall at a large national event this past weekend. There were huge amounts of high quality cars of all kinds. But I am just amazed how people walk past the 'vettes and crapmaros without looking so they can drool over the Shelbys. Non-stop people wanting to take pics of all of them together. I was honored to take the top spot but there were at LEAST 10 normal '500s that deserved it over us. The next day we went to a smaller local car show and parked by a concours original '68 KR that was quite honestly perfect in every sense of the word. I KNEW that he would win as it was freaking awesome. He didn't even place nor did I. Who won the top 3? 3 very nicely modded '500s. Who gives a shit if if my wheels are limited or you have 100 more RWHP??? NOBODY!

GT 500-07 , I know you jest most times but you sir come off very arrogant and condescending with your tone and all you've done in this thread is simply troll for responses. You have added NOTHING to this thread except stir the pot! :headscratch:

I started this thread because I, like Real one, was curious how this guy got it. He never said and I imagine its not legit. Oh, the hood is legit but the method to get it probably involved theft,fraud or dishonesty on some level. I am not accusing anyone only making educated responses to the information I found out. Again its not because he has one for sale that bothers me its the method he used to obtain them. He only divulged vague info when pressed by an unknown(to him) person. It's most likely fraudulently obtained and I don't care one or the other. I just hate to see people get away with crap like this and then openly rub it under the noses of the people (SAI) being defrauded. That's all.

Flame away if you want but there is no reason to hate KR owners for some wheels and a hood ! And It seemed that the flamers and trolls on this thread at least are 100% NON KR owners. So, why even cause trouble over something that you can't get but CAN get a knock off for a small fraction of the price of a real one.

Can't we just forget this thread and get back to discussing who has the most clutches replaced or the worst ordering experience at least?

Andy

Really nice to know that non KR, GT500s are "run of the mill"

Why are some of you current KR owners so defensive and paranoid about this stuff. Maybe it is because the current cash value of these cars has been chisseled to a fraction of what was originally paid.

I could see Plasma would be pissed if the bills didn't get paid and they could possibly be reproducing them and selling them on ebay it would be very highly unlikely but you never know. confused.gif

LibertyAuto,

what do you think your hood is worth?

Well it did not reach the reserve on ebay but sold it locally, any interest for a blue one ???

Really nice to know that non KR, GT500s are "run of the mill"Why are some of you current KR owners so defensive and paranoid about this stuff. Maybe it is because the current cash value of these cars has been chisseled to a fraction of what was originally paid.

:hysterical:

I liked that comment!

:hysterical3: I got taken by Ford and or Shelby and thought my KR was limited production. :hide:

:slapfight:

eagledriver

"Lets face it : the KRs are somewhat more limited. This does NOT make them "better" or what -the hell-ever it only makes them more limited. That's it. I would have no problem if SAI started selling parts from KRs to normal '500s. But they don't so get so bitter about it. Man, you can almost see the temper tantrums you guys are throwing while posting about this." :happy feet: Maybe Shelby or some other company will continue KR production, ie: Eleanor.

:bowdown:

1968 KR Convertibles at one time were worth $200K.

1968 KR's now go for $140, 43 years later will late model Shelby's be running?

I'm not bitter its just a car.

:backtotopic:

This forum has gone south in so many different ways, I would need to start another forum in order to list the different conflicts within it. Some topics tend to bring out the worst in people, and one of them is usually about KR parts and their availabilty. The other hot topic about KR's is about KR knock off parts, and this forum pokes the Grizzly about both issues.

Liberty Auto: You have a compelling reason to defend the authenticity of the hood you did not end up selling on ebay, but to taunt the members with your comment about having another one in blue is just being provocative and you know it.

Considering that you will not disclose how or where you obtained these hoods, that can only lead people to believe/conclude that you obtained them in some backhanded way regardless of the shipping label that you show in your posts. The truth is that parts control at Shelby American was a whole lot better two years ago, but when you have had the majority precentage of employees laid off or terminated, parts are going to grow legs and leave with the discharged employees right out the back door, down Speedway Blvd, on to interstate 15, and then end up on ebay. In the last six months, I have seen Super Snake engraved wheels show up on ebay (a couple of times), have read one TS member post a question asking what those wheels were worth because he was interested in buying a set that he saw at a pawn shop in Las Vegas, and now your "unobtainable" KR hoods show up for sale on ebay. I wasn't joking when I posted that Amy Boylan would have dispatched Detectives to your door, that how serious she took KR parts control at SA and at Plasan when she was in charge.

And as far as Plasan is concerned, while it's possible that Plasan employees could/would sell these hoods on the black market, it certainly would not be in response to any lawsuits between the two companies. Theft is a crime of opportunity and greed, and I would be really suprised that someone removed hoods from Plasan because they wanted to "get back" at Shelby American.

I honestly don't see the value of keeping this forum open, but at the same time I don't want to come off as some jackass who had "the last say" before closing it. It will remain open for the time being, but will get slammed shut if it continues to be a pissing match between Liberity Autos, KR owners, and "run of the mill" GT500 owners.

Really nice to know that non KR, GT500s are "run of the mill"

Why are some of you current KR owners so defensive and paranoid about this stuff. Maybe it is because the current cash value of these cars has been chisseled to a fraction of what was originally paid.

It's because of the "current cash value" of the KR is the reason one is sitting in my garage as I type this. Now that that is out of the way, let me throw my .02 in here.

The think the reason some people are questioning the method of how this hood was acquired in the first place is because SAI made it quite clear they would keep certain parts exclusive to the KR. This ideology not only applies to the KR, it also goes for other cars in their stable.

With that said, I know times are bad, even at SAI, hence the reason they opened up to selling KR rims. I was surprised but glad at the same time because it gave me a chance to scoop up another set. I had to verify with SAI that I did indeed own a KR. My car had to be in the registry with my personal information attached and I had to fax over the current registration to my car before I was able to place my order. THAT is why some KR owners here are questioning the method on how the hood was originally acquired. To my knowledge, I cannot call up SAI and order a spare hood for my car. I think that is the only thing in question, nothing more.

Ok, off topic here but since it's been brought up........

I sometimes laugh at the attitudes of fellow Shelby owners. There's a lot of "in house rivalry" so to speak. For example, the classic Shelby owners don't recognize the new stuff as anything but regular cars. The SGT guys whine all the time about how the GT-500 never went to SAI so, it's not a "real Shelby". The GT-500 guys rag on the KR owners on how much they paid for the KR's, and the KR owners snub the GT-500 owners as owning "run of the mill" cars. What will we think of the GT-350, and what will those owners think of us?

Anyone who pissed and moaned like the examples I listed above must have issues fitting in with others. Personally, I could care less at what you drive. The car DOES NOT make the person, remember that. If you're an insecure ass, no car will help you with that.

so, do you want those wheels with or with out rubber :hysterical:

Rubber, TPMS sensors with bands and a big hug! You can keep the SAI shipping label and I double super-secret promise to forget all details of the transaction, including your name and address, once everything is complete. And I mean it about the 'no rape' part...I don't want my metaphorical butt hurting in the morning!

isn't it possible for a kr owner to buy the extra set of kr wheels and sell them on later on ebay? same with the supersnake wheels or any ss parts for that matter like floor mats, headrest covers, and etc, ss owner buys them first and get their friend to sell them on ebay? sure u say sa suppose to ask damage parts like wheels, hoods and etc to ship back before sending out the replacement, do they really? i mean what happens if my ss set of wheels got stolen and sitting on milk crates, how will sa ever know i was lying or not?

maybe liberty auto knows patterson personally, there are soooo many ways parts can leak out.

if mulally calls patterson and wants a kr hood, u think patterson gonna ask him oooo who is it for?

come on guys, its out of OUR control, back door deals will ALWAYS happen!!

Andy

thanks Andy, but like I said "more hoods to be had" I see he posted a blue one forsale now. and if you go to another forum you will find more KR hoods. as for KR wheels, they can be found for sale here and other forums. enjoy that KR

:evil2.0:

thanks Andy, but like I said "more hoods to be had" I see he posted a blue one forsale now. and if you go to another forum you will find more KR hoods. as for KR wheels, they can be found for sale here and other forums. enjoy that KR

:evil2.0:

Thanks and I do enjoy it. Maybe I should pick up an extra hood and some more wheels for the future since they are readily available lol. I live up the way from you so maybe we can meet up and enjoy a cold one while complaining about the ADMs MD dealers are charging.

Thanks and I do enjoy it. Maybe I should pick up an extra hood and some more wheels for the future since they are readily available lol. I live up the way from you so maybe we can meet up and enjoy a cold one while complaining about the ADMs MD dealers are charging.

that would be great, a group picture. a 07-GT500SCJ, 08-SGT 3.0SC, CSX Cobra SC and your 08-KR.

ADM's not again :angry22:

Archived