TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR OEM hood on ebay...

But the seller has been posting in this thread.

Yeah, but still don't think he owes anybody any proof unless you are ready to fork over the cash... I do think it's in his best interest to prove it, as this forum offers some potential bidders for sure, but to say you can't post unless you prove what you are saying is true, would likely turn the forum into a post-less boring area...

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but to say you can't post unless you prove what you are saying is true, would likely turn the forum into a post-less boring area...

I didn't say that. I just said we have every right to question it's origin. Just as he has the right to tell us to go F ourselves.

Well, all I can say is, buyer beware.

If its a legit hood its carbon fiber. Very expensive to make.

If its counterfit its fiberglass.

Before I'd pay for it I'd want to verify its origin and that it is carbon fiber.

Out of curiosity, how would one "fiberglass" the underside to replicate the exact and complex shapes of the KR hood? Anyone?

You know what this means? The after market is in, and the duplication can begin. Real One will have to change his name to "Real One Honest" within 6 months or less.

Out of curiosity, how would one "fiberglass" the underside to replicate the exact and complex shapes of the KR hood? Anyone?

You know what this means? The after market is in, and the duplication can begin. Real One will have to change his name to "Real One Honest" within 6 months or less.

I think to anyone experienced in vacuum bagging either epoxy/fiberglass or carbon fiber, it shouldn't be that hard to xerox a factory hood. You can start by tearing apart a wrecked factory hood, repairing the pieces, then back-pouring them to make molds from. No doubt, a very high quality copy can be made, and it'll probably fool all except those who made the original. :)

Guys, the hood is legit. Don't know why everyone is flipping out over it.

I would pay $4k for it and not a penny more. Good luck to the seller on his ad. For the rest of the crowd....lighten up. You have a CSM #, the hood doesn't !!

Guys, the hood is legit. Don't know why everyone is flipping out over it.

I would pay $4k for it and not a penny more. Good luck to the seller on his ad. For the rest of the crowd....lighten up. You have a CSM #, the hood doesn't !!

You are correct. I wouldn't pay 4K for the hood unless I was going to sell for a profit. I wouldn't even pay close to 4K for KR hood to put on my GT500 because I can get close to the same look for alot less money and a KR Hood doesn't help the value other than what you could sell the hood for by itself, so it's pointless. There have been others and there will be more but it I agree that without a CSM # it's just a hood, a bit pricey though. If I specialized in hard to find parts, I would try to buy and sell it.

While I'm curious too, he doesn't owe anybody here proof of anything really, whoever forks over the green surely should get some documentation, but that won't be me....

+1

nice, you know how to work it :lurk:

:hysterical3: TRUE

You are correct. I wouldn't pay 4K for the hood unless I was going to sell for a profit. I wouldn't even pay close to 4K for KR hood to put on my GT500 because I can get close to the same look for alot less money and a KR Hood doesn't help the value other than what you could sell the hood for by itself, so it's pointless. There have been others and there will be more but it I agree that without a CSM # it's just a hood, a bit pricey though. If I specialized in hard to find parts, I would try to buy and sell it.

:yup:

:lurk:

Well, there you go. After three pages of postings, we see a photo of the packaging. That wasn't so hard now was it Mr. Liberty?

Jeeeezus, give the guy a little slack. He is selling something on Ebay which many of us do. Get overt the wedg, the KR stuff is out there whether you like it or not.

Boy-howdy, how things have changed in a couple of months. If Amy was still around, this forum would have dead and buried shortly after the first post appeared, and I wouldn't have been suprised if a couple of NY Detectives showed up on the seller's doorstep shortly thereafter. :hysterical:

Boy-howdy, how things have changed in a couple of months. If Amy was still around, this forum would have dead and buried shortly after the first post appeared, and I wouldn't have been suprised if a couple of NY Detectives showed up on the seller's doorstep shortly thereafter. :hysterical:

:hysterical3: Isn't he from Quebec? NY Detectives sent to Quebec? I don't think its in NY jurisdiction.

:hide:

Sorry I couldn't resist.

:hysterical3: Isn't he from Quebec? NY Detectives sent to Quebec? I don't think its in NY jurisdiction.

:hide:

Sorry I couldn't resist.

I was going off the ebay ad where it states the location of the item being auctioned off. In this case, it shows that the item is in Champlain, NY.

People here seem to have missed the real issue.

Where is the ebay seller getting the KR hood from, assuming it is a REAL KR hood??? If he can get one, who else can? Can people get other KR speecific parts the same way.

Thats the real issue for KR owners. The rest is not important, at least to me.

Where is the ebay seller getting the KR hood from, assuming it is a REAL KR hood??? If he can get one, who else can? Can people get other KR speecific parts the same way.

It's all about who you know :hysterical:

Actually the real issue is that it would be far cheaper and much easier to just buy a genuine KR with the appropriate #s than it would be to attempt a clone. The KRs are gorgeous and very desireable but not hot items anymore. They are on Ebay, Craiglist, etc. every day of the week, new and used. You can march right down to your neiborhood Chevy dealer and order a ZR1 Corvette hood. Has anyone seen a ZR1 owner spastic over that fact?

Maybe Shelby shoulda paid his bills on time?? Nothing says leak like a multi-million dollar lawsuit?

Why on earth do you keep questioning whether it is real or not? In the magazine Shelby puts out, in the "Building the KR" article, it clearly shows the hoods on the shelf. They are painted when they arrive, void of stripes and lettering which was put on in Vegas.

The after market will be producing these in no time. Why do you care. You have that exclusive CSM under the hood. That's gotta still be worth the money you paid. Right?

Maybe Shelby shoulda paid his bills on time?? Nothing says leak like a multi-million dollar lawsuit?

Why on earth do you keep questioning whether it is real or not? In the magazine Shelby puts out, in the "Building the KR" article, it clearly shows the hoods on the shelf. They are painted when they arrive, void of stripes and lettering which was put on in Vegas.

The after market will be producing these in no time. Why do you care. You have that exclusive CSM under the hood. That's gotta still be worth the money you paid. Right?

Frank let him up! He can't breathe with your knees in his chest. :slapfight:

First, my only interest in the KR hood on ebay is how did the seller of this "KR hood" acquire it if in fact it is a genuine KR hood. Thats the real issue since SAI has told us that only KR owners can acquire KR specific parts. Didn't they say that? Isn't that part of KR ownership or did I miss something here?

I don't give a rats patuty beyond that if its real or not. If someone buys it and pays the freight for a real KR hood and its not a genuine KR hood he thought he was paying for I couldn't care less. There is a sucker born every second. Not my problem.

If it is a real KR hood the only two options are an owner of a KR suckered SAI into selling him a replacement hood perhaps by sending them a damaged one he picked up in a salvage yard in return or there is a "mole" on the inside of SAI shipping KR hoods out the back door. Is there a third option I haven't thought of????

The aftermarket can produce KR look alike hoods all they want. They are now as a matter of fact. Couldn't care less. They are not genuine Shelby parts or genuine KR hoods.

As a matter of fact I don't mind clones or tribute cars a bit. If someone wants to clone a KR thats great. Copying is the greatest form of flattery.

ZR1's are a different kettle of fish. Cheverolet to my knowledge never told ZR1 owners that the ZR1 specific parts are reserved for ZR1 owners. Not at least that I heard.

My curiosity is how did the seller get his hands on a KR only part that is supposed to be limited to KR owners. That is the extent of my interest.

Mr. bullit: And as far as the KR still being worth the money I paid...not sure and aside from detecting what sounds like sour grapes all I can say is its still worth every penny I paid for it to me.... owning what I think is one of the most charismatic Shelby Mustangs to come down the pipe in over 40 years and being only one of 1600 pre-title Shelbys to boot. Something tells me you don't own one or have a CSM # assigned to your car. But you obviously don't care..

Archived