TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby club in Houston

whotrod9

A few of us gather at the Starbucks on Tuesday nites.

7:30 Willowbrook Starbucks.

We park in the back parking lot by Room Store. It is hugh and security loves the cars.

Starbucks

7606 FM 1960 Rd W, Houston, TX 77070

If the weather does turn, we show up in all sorts of vehicles but park in the same spot.

Hey Walt,

Sherri is your best and friendliest Houston source for all things and events Shelby...

We are currently working on the regional framework of Team Shelby clubs across the country, and then we will be working on filling in the local club affiliations within the month.

Sherri will be the Houston representative for this anyway, so I would expect she will be able to fill you in on all of that shortly. Just give us a little more time.

Thanks,

Warren

There are several of us in the area, and Warren is right Sherri is extremely friendly and a good source. If you are; however, looking for a group colser to you area there is little in the way of anything organized for Shelbys specifically. That being said, there are several car club options for you to get in touch with around your area.

1. The Mustang Club of Houston meets in the Memorial area at Mac Haik Ford. They do several events and cruises.

2. West Houston Muscle is made up of mostly people in the Katy area. They have a weekly meet at the 59 Diner in Katy, as well as some other meets and cruises.

3. Then there are two of my favorite groups Houston Coffee and Cars, and Urban Speed. They are both informal gatherings filled with some amazing cars and friendly people. Some of the Urban Speed guys usually get together before the meet and do a little morning cruise. C&C is in the Galleria area and US is inside the loop

4. Texas Motor Events tends to work with the Urban Speed guys and organize cruises and gatherings as well.

There are others. I hope this helps.

Hey Sherri, how about something other than a Tues. night meet? That's only good for people who live on that side of Houston. Sat would probably allow more of us to attend. I hope that will be considered for any future "Shelby Club/Meet". There has to be someplace we could meet on a weekly/monthly basis. Even a Sunday afternoon might work.

As of now, all the regional/local stuff is still being thought/worked out. Stay tuned. I do think it is time to set up a Houston Shelby dinner somewhere :)

As for the Tuesday nite stuff, it has just been around forever as a bunch of us live right here.

How many Shelby owners are there in the West/ Southwest/ Memorial/ Katy area? Maybe if there are enough of us we can put something together.

Actually how many people are there in each area(Downtown/ Midtown, Galleria, North, East, West, etc.)? Maybe we could start to get an idea of where everyone is then maybe we can set up multiple meetings or a roving meeting.

Actually how many people are there in each area(Downtown/ Midtown, Galleria, North, East, West, etc.)? Maybe we could start to get an idea of where everyone is then maybe we can set up multiple meetings or a roving meeting.

Midtown

Washington/Memorial area here. I do the Urban Speed and C & C at Uptown Park currently. BTW Urban Speed event is coming this Sunday the 11th.

Here's an idea, this weekend's weather is looking good. I have two ideas:

1. Cruise to Kemha for lunch "Sat or Sun" works for me and/or

2. Meet at Otto's BBQ at the Fountains in Sugarland Sat evening at 6PM. There is a small infomral car meet there every Sat night.

Just saw there was a Mustang vs Camaro car show at the Hooters on 1960 on the 10th. It was posted here on Team Shelby. I thought I would pass it along in case someone missed it.

Ok So so far here are some totals (maybe need to start a new thread for this)

West side (Katy, Memorial City, Spring Branch, et.) - 2 whotrod9, texaggie

Central (Midtown, Downtown, Heights, River Oaks, etc.) - 2 blazeone, TRT 0403

Galleria - 0

Southwest (Sugar Land, Bellaire, etc.) - 1 theseeker

South ( Clear Lake, Galveston, etc.) - 0

East (Baytown, Channelview, etc.) - 0

North (Spring, Woodlands, etc.) - 1 msmap

Just saw there was a Mustang vs Camaro car show at the Hooters on 1960 on the 10th. It was posted here on Team Shelby. I thought I would pass it along in case someone missed it.

This coming Sat? can't find the post how about some linkage :dance:

Washington/Memorial area here. I do the Urban Speed and C & C at Uptown Park currently. BTW Urban Speed event is coming this Sunday the 11th.

Here's an idea, this weekend's weather is looking good. I have two ideas:

1. Cruise to Kemha for lunch "Sat or Sun" works for me and/or

2. Meet at Otto's BBQ at the Fountains in Sugarland Sat evening at 6PM. There is a small infomral car meet there every Sat night.

Kemah also has car meet every Sat night at the Home Depot on FM 2094 and Hwy 146. Close to Boardwalk. Only problem is I would not feel comfortable parking at Boardwalk if that's where everyone wanted to eat. I could check with T-Bone Tom's and see if they can reserve some spots for us. I know they have done this for the AC Cobra guys before. I live mins from there and I am on vacation so let me know if you want me to check.

Hey Walt,

Sherri is your best and friendliest Houston source for all things and events Shelby...

We are currently working on the regional framework of Team Shelby clubs across the country, and then we will be working on filling in the local club affiliations within the month.

Sherri will be the Houston representative for this anyway, so I would expect she will be able to fill you in on all of that shortly. Just give us a little more time.

Thanks,

Warren

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but...Warren - what's the latest on your GT3350? I have lurked a bit in that forum trying to see when yours was being built at SA. I remember you telling me about it at the Hill Country drive back in April. At that time you indicated you were going to stay NA. Has that changed...? You going to SC that car?

back to the thread...

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but...Warren - what's the latest on your GT3350? I have lurked a bit in that forum trying to see when yours was being built at SA. I remember you telling me about it at the Hill Country drive back in April. At that time you indicated you were going to stay NA. Has that changed...? You going to SC that car?

back to the thread...

Wow...that must be a new model...the famous GT 3 3 50....you know what I mean...too early and not enough coffee yet

:hysterical:

Yeah, I need some coffee this AM as well!

Well, I know its one of the first ones there, and I have seen a little progress on it, but haven't heard a peep since mid June. Word is(and I have not heard anything officially) there are some slight modifications to production they are still fleshing out along with a hang up on a part or two...

As soon as i hear something, I'll be sharing it here!!! :happy feet:

:hysterical:

Yeah, I need some coffee this AM as well!

Well, I know its one of the first ones there, and I have seen a little progress on it, but haven't heard a peep since mid June. Word is(and I have not heard anything officially) there are some slight modifications to production they are still fleshing out along with a hang up on a part or two...

As soon as i hear something, I'll be sharing it here!!! :happy feet:

OK...those really appear to awesome cars...

As of now, all the regional/local stuff is still being thought/worked out. Stay tuned. I do think it is time to set up a Houston Shelby dinner somewhere :)

As for the Tuesday nite stuff, it has just been around forever as a bunch of us live right here.

:happy feet:

Thanks for the information. I've joined the Mustang Club on Houston, the have a few folks there with Shelbys. If you all decide to do something together let me know and we'll attend. We (MCOH) is taking a cruise to Ft Hood tomorrow, details on the clubs website. Hope eveyone has a great weekend. Enjoy

Archived