TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Return of the BOSS?

BIKEBOY

If it seems like I have too much time on my hands...yes I do.

I came along this picture today of a certain FORD dealer's interpretation of a NEW BOSS 302. I thought I would share, for one, and as well ask if I'm the only one that was under the impression that Larry Shinoda owns the "BOSS" moniker? It seems similar to the whole re-naming of the last FORD GT...and not GT40???

Isn't this the case with Shinoda? Unless Fomoco has purchased the rights back from him to possibly do another car for later. This is just me being me, but how cool would it be to see a true 'stripped down' version BOSS 302, ie...crank windows...radio delete...backseat delete...(probably should have A/C) for those of us that might take it out for ice cream on days like today in the Northeast! Ford needs to strike while the iron's hot, what with 5.0, and the new body style churning out sales, and make Chrysler and GM weak at the knees. :)

I can actually see this car in showrooms sooner than we think.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it seems like I have too much time on my hands...yes I do.

I came along this picture today of a certain FORD dealer's interpretation of a NEW BOSS 302. I thought I would share, for one, and as well ask if I'm the only one that was under the impression that Larry Shinoda owns the "BOSS" moniker? It seems similar to the whole re-naming of the last FORD GT...and not GT40???

Isn't this the case with Shinoda? Unless Fomoco has purchased the rights back from him to possibly do another car for later. This is just me being me, but how cool would it be to see a true 'stripped down' version BOSS 302, ie...crank windows...radio delete...backseat delete...(probably should have A/C) for those of us that might take it out for ice cream on days like today in the Northeast! Ford needs to strike while the iron's hot, what with 5.0, and the new body style churning out sales, and make Chrysler and GM weak at the knees. :)

I can actually see this car in showrooms sooner than we think.

Any thoughts?

I'm pretty sure Ford owns the Boss 302 name. There is already a Ford Racing version of the Boss called the Boss 302R.

Boss 302R

Is it December yet? :shades:

post-4213-127835578706_thumb.jpg

Coming soon to a Ford dealer near you!

I'm pretty sure Ford owns the Boss 302 name. There is already a Ford Racing version of the Boss called the Boss 302R.

Boss 302R

Right...knew that.Thanks

Just thought maybe that car had his good graces for racing purposes only. But I guess that would be ridiculous, eh?

The transaction must have occurred already.

Is it December yet? :shades:

Coming soon to a Ford dealer near you!

Son of GT...thx for the reminder.

I can't help but think, as I look at your post...........what do you use as a late model "decontented" wheel?

The BOSS 302 should have all the bells and whistles if Ford is going to produce it for all us Mustang Fanatics, it would otherwise just be a low production model.

This is just my humble opinion, but I hope it comes up as another special order package on the current new body style for those that want it. Good grief no A/C. no radio, no rear seat, I want all those options, power everything, nav, power toilet paper etc, striped down is not my cup of tea...........

GG

The BOSS 302 should have all the bells and whistles if Ford is going to produce it for all us Mustang Fanatics, it would otherwise just be a low production model.

This is just my humble opinion, but I hope it comes up as another special order package on the current new body style for those that want it. Good grief no A/C. no radio, no rear seat, I want all those options, power everything, nav, power toilet paper etc, striped down is not my cup of tea...........

GG

No-No-No...I DID say it SHOULD have A/C. Justa came in from outside. Toronto ...109deg.f with humidex!!! Lol!

July 5th, 2010 3:52 pm ET

This is a "TRULY" entertaining thread to say the least. You lost at a car show -- big freaking deal. Who (besides you) really cares if you paid 30 - 40k more than the WINNER? Sounds to me as if he's penny wise and that you're dollar foolish! Why not congratulate the winner? Are you a sore loser? Wait until some 18 year old kid in a modified import beats the snot out of your KR; then you'll know you're not the "King of the Road" either! Will you vent about that on a forum? NO!

I assume you purchased your car for YOUR enjoyment; so enjoy it! If your not selected as the people's choice -- again WHO CARES?

I believe that all the boss 5.0 had the the functional shaker hood scoop and the boss 429 had the monster big mouth scoops. I think they should stay with the old sytle scoops . What do you guys think ?

Scotty

Also yes Fomoco Shinoda have reached an agreement.

Son of GT...thx for the reminder.

I can't help but think, as I look at your post...........what do you use as a late model "decontented" wheel?

Good question. Wheel and tire design has evolved radically from the days of the original Boss 302. Steel wheels were replaced by Magnesium, Magnesium replaced by Aluminum, so where do the automotive manufacturers go next to decontent the next generation of automotive wheels....plastic composites?

Maybe. It appears that the following may be the future of wheels (and tires), and you can't get much more decontented than this...

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

Will the new Boss have these wheels and tires? Highly unlikely, but who knows what the future beyond the Boss holds for automotive tires and wheels.

Got it from a reliable source that the 2011 Boss 302 will be part of "Job 2" - that is what the Yellow Blaze color is for.

Saw a 5.0 in YB at Barrett Jackson in OC last weekend. Some are going to love and some are going to hate.

Might to tough for Ford to sell both Shelby GT500 and Boss 302 models at the same time, I would think. Isn't that sort of thing what partially caused Ford and Shelby to part ways in the late 60's? Is history repeating itself?

Anyway, it only makes sense for Ford to bring out the Boss 302 again while they still can and while it still means something. I keep reading about the Mustang going "global" in 2014 or 2015 and I see that as the end of the Mustang as we know it.

Got it from a reliable source that the 2011 Boss 302 will be part of "Job 2" - that is what the Yellow Blaze color is for.

Saw a 5.0 in YB at Barrett Jackson in OC last weekend. Some are going to love and some are going to hate.

Aawww, yes...the Yellow Blaze. The much talked about color that did'nt make it to the order codes...sneakily!!

F O R D........y o u g u y s???? Lol!

Now I'm dying to find out. How reliable? 2011???? Maybe Son of GT is onto something. "Is it December yet"?

B T W--- I do kinda like the sound of 'A Yellow Blaze BOSS 302' better than 'A Grabber Yellow' . Just sounds faster!! Hahaha. :)

According to several Ford execs I have the honor of knowing, there indeed will be a BOSS coming out VERY soon.

I know that sometimes you read posts that people heard this or that and have no real idea, but I assure you this comes from a very reliable source, and I don't normally throw rumors out there as fact, unless I know it to be true. It must be true, because they mentioned sending one on transport to an event I am hosting later this year. I prefer to keep a solid reputation if I can...and I hate eating crow, boiled, steamed baked or fried... :salute:

So if a BOSS is what you really want, you better start figuring out which kid to sell to buy one.... :hysterical:

According to several Ford execs I have the honor of knowing, there indeed will be a BOSS coming out VERY soon.

I know that sometimes you read posts that people heard this or that and have no real idea, but I assure you this comes from a very reliable source, and I don't normally throw rumors out there as fact, unless I know it to be true. It must be true, because they mentioned sending one on transport to an event I am hosting later this year. I prefer to keep a solid reputation if I can...and I hate eating crow, boiled, steamed baked or fried... :salute:

So if a BOSS is what you really want, you better start figuring out which kid to sell to buy one.... :hysterical:

your not kidding, maybe throw in a kidney to :banghead:

There are only 2 things I would sell my SGT: 1. A used low mileage NA GT-350. 2. Used low mileage Boss (love Raven Dark Green) with different Cams than what is in the current 5.0...

Hopefully, Ford has got the point of what the buying public wants; instead of one-uping the Bow Ties and the Rams. :redcard:

Would be nice - Doc :salute:

GG

I'll take mine with all 'BALLS' and no whistles...Thank you very much!! Lol!

Bikeboy

There are only 2 things I would sell my SGT: 1. A used low mileage NA GT-350. 2. Used low mileage Boss (love Raven Dark Green) with different Cams than what is in the current 5.0...

Hopefully, Ford has got the point of what the buying public wants; instead of one-uping the Bow Ties and the Rams. :redcard:

Would be nice - Doc :salute:

becareful what you wish for, Ford may surprise you with this new Boss :shift:

Heard the same thing at the end of last year from a knowledgeable "Ford" person. Said it was going to be an awesome car...guess we'll see, huh?

John

becareful what you wish for, Ford may surprise you with this new Boss :shift:

I'm almost positive, I can convince the wife to let the 135i go for a NEW BOSS 302. This way, we can keep the GT500 as well!! HeeHee...

I better start planting the seed, it sounds like. I'm so glad I started this thred!

Thanks to all of you. Thanks to Robert for clarifying the nameplate ownership too.

Bikeboy

I loved the color...

Tom

Archived