TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2004 40th Anniversary Cars

mtl1977

Who has a 2004 Anniversary car? - yes, I know, they all had the 40th badges. I'm talking about the actual 40th package...Crimson Red, black, white with the stripes, Arizona Beige wheels, cloth top on convertibles...

Mine is the only one usually at the shows and local cruises. Saw a V-6 conv. at the Telegraph Cruise in 2006.

From what I have learned, Ford built 4,558 Crimson Red cars of each trim level. Mine is #4095.

http://mlav.com/new/cars/mustang/

Who has a 2004 Anniversary car? - yes, I know, they all had the 40th badges. I'm talking about the actual 40th package...Crimson Red, black, white with the stripes, Arizona Beige wheels, cloth top on convertibles...

Mine is the only one usually at the shows and local cruises. Saw a V-6 conv. at the Telegraph Cruise in 2006.

From what I have learned, Ford built 4,558 Crimson Red cars of each trim level. Mine is #4095.

I got the Crimson Red Coupe, Mach 1000, Updated Interior, 40th Anniversary Badges, Arizona Beige Bullit Wheels, . :hyper:

I now have 85,000 Klm (about 60,000 miles) on it. :happy feet: I love driving it. It has been to the last two Airventures in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. I have had to drive it the last two winters. :censored: With snow tires I can drive in quite a bit of snow. With TC off the Mustang is fun!!! :hysterical:

How do you find out your number? :banghead: How many of each produced? :headscratch:

Nice car! I have a person with a GT coupe down the street from me. They got it just before I got my car. Its hard seeing it left outside in their driveway everyday. Just saw a V-6 coupe coming down the street the other day too.

That TC button is the first thing I hit after starting the engine. Need to get a DiabloSport this year and program the TC to default to off.

I got my build info from some inside sources. Not sure about how many black or white 40th package cars.

Nice car! I have a person with a GT coupe down the street from me. They got it just before I got my car. Its hard seeing it left outside in their driveway everyday. Just saw a V-6 coupe coming down the street the other day too.

That TC button is the first thing I hit after starting the engine. Need to get a DiabloSport this year and program the TC to default to off.

I got my build info from some inside sources. Not sure about how many black or white 40th package cars.

Thanks!

There is a guy in town where I work who has the Vert like yours. I park by him once in a while. It really catches your eye to see a Coupe and Convertible painted the same. B) :rolleyes:

I can't wait for the GT500. Once I get it I won't want to drive the 04 any more. :hysterical2:

You have a very nice car and a great spread of photos on that link. She still looks new.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
My wife's car is a white convertible with Charcoal interior 40th Anniversary Edition.

post-9993-1200930556_thumb.jpg

Your wife's car is not one of the Limited Edition 40th Anniversary Mustangs being referenced in this thread. While all 2004 Mustangs had "40th Anniversary" fender emblems, Ford produced a few thousand limited editions with dash plaque, parchment interiors only (no charcoal or graphite), arizona beige painted wheels, arizona beige LeMans stripes over the car, rear spoiler delete, etc.

Same confusion as in 1999, when 4,628 35th Anniversary GT Mustangs were sold (two tone guages/seats, hood/side scoops, unique wheels, etc.) even though all '99 Mustangs had 35th anniversary fender emblems.

Your wife's car is not one of the Limited Edition 40th Anniversary Mustangs being referenced in this thread. While all 2004 Mustangs had "40th Anniversary" fender emblems, Ford produced a few thousand limited editions with dash plaque, parchment interiors only (no charcoal or graphite), arizona beige painted wheels, arizona beige LeMans stripes over the car, rear spoiler delete, etc.

Same confusion as in 1999, when 4,628 35th Anniversary GT Mustangs were sold (two tone guages/seats, hood/side scoops, unique wheels, etc.) even though all '99 Mustangs had 35th anniversary fender emblems.

Oh well, its just 40th Mustang - not limited edition....it's up for sale now on Ebay.

Making room for 2008 Shelby GT/CS convertible!

MsSnake500 a/k/a Neil's wife!

I got the Crimson Red Coupe, Mach 1000, Updated Interior, 40th Anniversary Badges, Arizona Beige Bullit Wheels, . :hyper:

I now have 85,000 Klm (about 60,000 miles) on it. :happy feet: I love driving it. It has been to the last two Airventures in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. I have had to drive it the last two winters. :censored: With snow tires I can drive in quite a bit of snow. With TC off the Mustang is fun!!! :hysterical: How do you find out your number? :banghead: How many of each produced? :headscratch:

Update April 10, 2008

I now have 116,00 km (73,000 miles) and one more very snowy winter on the car.

How do you find out your number? :banghead: How many of each produced? :headscratch:

Update April 10, 2008

I now have 116,00 km (73,000 miles) and one more very snowy winter on the car.

hi there I have a coupe with 45,000 mile my wife drives won 4 throphys at car shows awesome color. I was looking for a vert but decided to buy a vista blue Gt-500. I won 3 1 st place so for this year . I may buy a vert later less that 500 made with stick. My wife said hers still looks better that mine in garge!!!

• 5 months later...

Awesome shot with the GT500. Every 99-04 NEEDS a chin spoiler! They look pretty goofy without one.

Check out my post for 40th anniversary build info. in my other new topic. Send me an IM for more specific info for your VIN.

My car only has three Bullitt wheels right now, right front went flat. Need to find a 245 Gatorback with 1/3-1/2 tread life.

These tires dry out and become lots O fun with a lack of squeeling but plenty of tire spin induced yaw! My dad's 87 GT Conv. 225/60VR-15 Gatorbacks were the same way. Figure 8s around parking lots and no tire noise to attract the donut eaters in blue.

Hi Five Oh B;

Mine is a 2004 Mustang GT Crimson Red 40th Anniversary package. What dash plaque are you referring to?

How do I find my build info?

• 2 weeks later...
Here is mine with my shelby...

88636.jpg

WOW now we're talking VERY NICE PIC with both of them together............ :dreamy:

And My favorite colors....... :happy feet:

• 10 years later...

I have the Black GT 40th anniversary package, Arizona Beige stripes, exterior badges, interior badge, floormats, mach 1000 stereo, 47,000 miles. 4.6 V8 manual. I also have the 40th anniversary Mach 1 Black with only 3,000 miles. 

Archived