TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Paint info

sportscars

Okay, looking to do a little "garage" project and was wondering if anyone here found house paint that comes close to matching the factory colors.

I am specifically looking for white with silver stripes or I would go blue stripes if I can't find a silver to match.

If you can take a part of the car off, maybe the rear spoiler, and take it to Home Depot they can scan it and match any color. Just a thought.

take the fuel door to home depot or Lowe's they can get you the exact match

JIM

I found a blue and silver at Home Depot that match my car awfully well.

The silver is a Ralph Lauren paint called 'Regent Metallic (Silver Plated)', followed by the number RM13.

I'll look for the blue can tonight and get back to you on that.

I found a blue and silver at Home Depot that match my car awfully well.

The silver is a Ralph Lauren paint called 'Regent Metallic (Silver Plated)', followed by the number RM13.

I'll look for the blue can tonight and get back to you on that.

If you have a Sherwin Williams Paint Store in your area they can scan and match your paint. They also provide custom mixed quart "sample" cans for about 5 bucks so you dont have to buy a whole gallon.Its a good idea to have a sample can mixed up and then roll or brush some of the custom mixed paint on a 3'x3' (or larger)area on several different walls ......or the floor......to see how it looks from different angles. Depending on the sheen selected (gloss,satin,flat) the paint can vary several shades once applied and it can end up looking nothing like the color on the paint chart they show you. Good Luck on your match up.

Archived