TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Turn off SRS (air bag) light

Any one know how to turn off the SRS (air bag) light? After removing the rear seat and all 4 seat belts, installing a roll bar and adding 5 point harnesses I get kinda tired of looking at it. I know on some cars splicing a resistor into the wire harness will turn it off.

Since when does removing the rear seats cause the airbag light to come on? I've had mine out of my Mustang for a long time without the light being on. So, unless you running aftermarket seats- you shouldn't have the light on.

Are you thinking of the seatbelt light? You should be able to simply bypass the seatbelt assembly itself, as I believe the car looks for a simple ground; for a complete circuit.

Since when does removing the rear seats cause the airbag light to come on? I've had mine out of my Mustang for a long time without the light being on. So, unless you running aftermarket seats- you shouldn't have the light on.

Are you thinking of the seatbelt light? You should be able to simply bypass the seatbelt assembly itself, as I believe the car looks for a simple ground; for a complete circuit.

No, SRS came on after the seat belt removal. Stock seats and connectors were unpluged except for the power functions on driver's side. Nothing hacked or cuts just unpluged. Since you have a performanc shop, does anyone offer a gage cluster with a higher reading speedometer? How about a way to get the avarage speed function on the DIC to work above a 90mph average. We ORR the car and the average speed would be nice to keep track of where you are.

Archived