TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another Grabber Orange Terlingua Build....

erupff

Hi All,

Well, I finally sold my '86 SVO and bought a nice 2008 Grabber Orange Mustang which will soon be off

to Tasca for its Terlinguafication! Paid the down payment and waiting for Dennis to email me with a

Shelby tracking number (?) so that I can drop it off. If I remember him correctly he had stated that this

will be the first performance package shipping to Tasca directly from Shelby instead of Tony Branda. My

car as purchased has the side scoops, V6 spoiler, quarter window louvers, chrome grill (looks like the

Shelby GT one) and chin spoiler. Can't wait to git-r-done!

Evan

Hi All,

Well, I finally sold my '86 SVO and bought a nice 2008 Grabber Orange Mustang which will soon be off

to Tasca for its Terlinguafication! Paid the down payment and waiting for Dennis to email me with a

Shelby tracking number (?) so that I can drop it off. If I remember him correctly he had stated that this

will be the first performance package shipping to Tasca directly from Shelby instead of Tony Branda. My

car as purchased has the side scoops, V6 spoiler, quarter window louvers, chrome grill (looks like the

Evan

Evan,

Awesome!

Fear the Bunny!

VB

There is a rumor that another Terlingua Cobra may be starting very soon...hear it is going to be black with the yellow hood stripe just like Bill Neale's! shades.gif

I heard its an "R" model also.... hysterical.gif

Someone should call Roger....

Congrats! Going to be a painful wait to get it done now!

Thanks! Yeah, you are right....but I know it will be worth the wait.....

Thanks! Yeah, you are right....but I know it will be worth the wait.....

.....and thanks for all of your support, David. AND especially for helping out in the oil spill fiasco, you are making a difference!

Astrid, your tat rocks! And my understanding was that Tony Branda was initially distributing the Terlingua packages for Shelby, at least to Tasca.

Respect everyone, but FEAR THE BUNNY!

.....and thanks for all of your support, David. AND especially for helping out in the oil spill fiasco, you are making a difference!

Astrid, your tat rocks! And my understanding was that Tony Branda was initially distributing the Terlingua packages for Shelby, at least to Tasca.

:yup:

Thanks Evan

David

Don't tell Warren about the R Code Terlingua :hysterical:

Congrats on your car. You will love it. All of us with one sure do!

Evan--welcome to the orange side of the Terlingua world!

And also would recommend the interior upgrade.

Chuck

Thanks ! Your bunny was very inspiring to me! Hey, was wondering what the wait time is to get this done? Made my deposit a month ago, but still no word about a drop off date. Figured maybe you could help me out with what your time frame was? ANYWAY, hope all is well on the farm!

Evan

Thanks ! Your bunny was very inspiring to me! Hey, was wondering what the wait time is to get this done? Made my deposit a month ago, but still no word about a drop off date. Figured maybe you could help me out with what your time frame was? ANYWAY, hope all is well on the farm!

Evan

Thanks, lovin' life here in the Midwest! :D

Well, my build was a bit unusual. Here's a short version of the time frame:

Placed Deposit--Oct 08

Shipped car--May 09

Received completed car--Dec 09

This was Tasca's first Base package and part of the delay was SAI kept changing the outfitting of the base equipment.

Believe mine is the last car built with the rear exhaust system, but with the front bodywork of the Performance package.

The front end changes are currently standard on all Terlinguas

(There's also a white base one built before mine in Texas with rear exhaust and the Ford Pony package front end as the Base package was initially designed.)

Also, I had my Bunny customized after the Terllingua package was installed, and inspected, by adding the Ford CAI kit (this was part of the initial Base package, but had been dropped by the time my build started), Mustang GT front brake upgrade, TCI Racket shifter and Rear window louvers.

I also added the 3.73/8.8 rear end, 20" Razors, and interior upgrade to the Base Terlingua package.

There were also some issues caused by staff changes at Tasca during my long built time, but all of that should not be a problem for your build.

Thanks, lovin' life here in the Midwest! :D

Well, my build was a bit unusual. Here's a short version of the time frame:

Placed Deposit--Oct 08

Shipped car--May 09

Received completed car--Dec 09

This was Tasca's first Base package and part of the delay was SAI kept changing the outfitting of the base equipment.

Believe mine is the last car built with the rear exhaust system, but with the front bodywork of the Performance package.

The front end changes are currently standard on all Terlinguas

(There's also a white base one built before mine in Texas with rear exhaust and the Ford Pony package front end as the Base package was initially designed.)

Also, I had my Bunny customized after the Terllingua package was installed, and inspected, by adding the Ford CAI kit (this was part of the initial Base package, but had been dropped by the time my build started), Mustang GT front brake upgrade, TCI Racket shifter and Rear window louvers.

I also added the 3.73/8.8 rear end, 20" Razors, and interior upgrade to the Base Terlingua package.

There were also some issues caused by staff changes at Tasca during my long built time, but all of that should not be a problem for your build.

Thanks for the timeline! I ordered just the performance package for the car with currently no other changes/upgrades, and have already experienced what you mentioned about staff changes at Tasca. Am thinking that maybe Shelby changing their procedure for shipping parts may contribute to possible delays as well....but I appreciate your detailed summary, it is very helpful for me! Hardest part for me will be being patient as I have wanted a Terlingua since day 1.

Hi All,

Evan

QUICK UPDATE: Got the word from Tasca that the kit is in, so scheduled drop off date for me is August 10! Would drop off sooner but off to Virginia this week for vacation.....

• 2 weeks later...

Well said!

VB

Hi all,

Thanks again for all of your encouraging words! Just a quick update to let you know that I dropped my future bunny off at Tasca on Tuesday (2 days ago) and now.....the wait begins! Am so looking forward to it as this has been my dream car since it came out as a package, must be 2 years ago now!

Evan

post-12176-128165862352_thumb.jpg

post-12176-128165862352_thumb.jpg

Evan,

Then you will soon have two great bunnies!

We are happy for you!

You'll love the GO one!

David

Hi David,

I got my CSM number from Tasca today so I guess now it's REALLY official: 08TRT0303 ! Hope you enjoy

Terlingua '10; look forward to joining in the mayhem with you all some day!

Evan

post-12176-128199004311_thumb.jpg

post-12176-128199004311_thumb.jpg

Hi David,

I got my CSM number from Tasca today so I guess now it's REALLY official: 08TRT0303 ! Hope you enjoy

Terlingua '10; look forward to joining in the mayhem with you all some day!

Evan

Evan,

That is great news you are in the way!

David

• 4 weeks later...

Evan--Congrats on getting your number!!!

And feel free to contact me with any questions you have--your Tasca build should not be as long or as challenging as mine.

ANOTHER UPDATE:

Just got word from Don at Tasca 2 days ago that my bunny has a great chance of being done end of next week, which would

mean that the build once started only took 5 1/2 weeks!!!! Unfortunately I am unable to attend Tasca's open house on 9/11, but

am excited at the prospect of the bunny being back in NJ, at least in time for Halloween!

Evan

post-12176-128408024053_thumb.jpg

post-12176-128408024053_thumb.jpg

ANOTHER UPDATE:

Just got word from Don at Tasca 2 days ago that my bunny has a great chance of being done end of next week, which would

mean that the build once started only took 5 1/2 weeks!!!! Unfortunately I am unable to attend Tasca's open house on 9/11, but

am excited at the prospect of the bunny being back in NJ, at least in time for Halloween!

Evan

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Evan,

Remember pics!

:shift::dance::drool:

VB

Archived