TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally! I have my Shelby GT500

I finally got my GT500 however, it is not the one I originally ordered. I ordered a Sterling Grey Non-SVTPP with Satin Black stripes. The car had a March 30 build and is still sitting at the plant. I pretty much lost faith in that car. I found another dealer that had a 2011 Kona Blue Stripe Delete w/ SVTPP. I told them my situation and was able to get it under MSRP. I was disappointed it had the stripe delete but the dealership is going to add stripes to it. I think I might go with the SVTPP stripes that would have come with the car. That combo has really grown on me.

The supercharger unfortunately was already activated when I bought the car so I didn't get to activate it myself. I haven't really gotten on it much except for once in second gear. Like others have mentioned here before it didn't really feel like a 550hp car. I am hoping with some more break in it will feel a bit stronger. The handling is excellent with the SVTPP and I absolutely love the rims. The exhaust note is the best I have heard on a stock car. Dont even care about the radio right now. I will post pictures soon.

On a side note, how would you guys think gumetal stripes would look on the Kona Blue. Similar to the color of the SVTPP rims. Decisions....Decisions.

I finally got my GT500 however, it is not the one I originally ordered. I ordered a Sterling Grey Non-SVTPP with Satin Black stripes. The car had a March 30 build and is still sitting at the plant. I pretty much lost faith in that car. I found another dealer that had a 2011 Kona Blue Stripe Delete w/ SVTPP. I told them my situation and was able to get it under MSRP. I was disappointed it had the stripe delete but the dealership is going to add stripes to it. I think I might go with the SVTPP stripes that would have come with the car. That combo has really grown on me.

Grats on the car. I can't believe some of the orginal builds/orders are *still* sitting in Flat Rock :finger:

The supercharger unfortunately was already activated when I bought the car so I didn't get to activate it myself. I haven't really gotten on it much except for once in second gear. Like others have mentioned here before it didn't really feel like a 550hp car. I am hoping with some more break in it will feel a bit stronger.

Not to start that old argument again but, trust me, it gets a LOT better. For me, I noticed it at about 400 miles. It will definitely feel like a 550HP car - only this one can actually be hooked on the street with a little finesse and doesn't have wheel hop (take a look under the car at those new LCAs :) )

The handling is excellent with the SVTPP and I absolutely love the rims. The exhaust note is the best I have heard on a stock car. Dont even care about the radio right now. I will post pictures soon.

Everyone I've driven in the car has remarked on the exhaust note. Every other performance car I've owned I always wanted to change the exhaust. This one, I don't want to screw up. Looking forward to the pics!

On a side note, how would you guys think gumetal stripes would look on the Kona Blue. Similar to the color of the SVTPP rims. Decisions....Decisions.

I think those would look cool especially in the SVT width. You would certainly have something unique although I do think the kona with white is just 'classic'. If I were putting stripes on a 'delete' car I would be sorely tempted to paint. I love my stripes and would not change a thing except the fact that they are vinyl.

I wanted Kona Blue myself but I wanted white stripes which was not available with the SVTPP. Just my opinion, but since you have stripe delete, I would leave it that way only because your seats will not match. Once again, my opinion and my preference.

With regard to the 550 hp, it is there!

Congratulations and enjoy!

Here is a picture that I took with my iphone when taking delivery. I think right now the stripe color choices are:

1.Gunmetal

2. Satin Black

3. SVTPP Colorodo Red

I am a little nervous about #3 since they cant get the actual Shelby SVTPP stripes. They would be custom.

I am loving this car. I cant find enough excuses to drive it.

post-28416-127820329949_thumb.jpg

post-28416-127820329949_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture that I took with my iphone when taking delivery. I think right now the stripe color choices are:

1.Gunmetal

2. Satin Black

3. SVTPP Colorodo Red

I am a little nervous about #3 since they cant get the actual Shelby SVTPP stripes. They would be custom.

I am loving this car. I cant find enough excuses to drive it.

Any thought to doing the Shelby Silver Stripes instead of GunMetal? That would be my vote.

But initially, I would live with the car the way it is - You might grow to like it...just me though.

Any thought to doing the Shelby Silver Stripes instead of GunMetal? That would be my vote.

But initially, I would live with the car the way it is - You might grow to like it...just me though.

I did think about the silver stripes as well. I thought it might look good if I can match the color with the SVTPP rims.

Kona is a beautiful color. That is the first one I've seen with the stripe delete. I have a Sterling Gray with Red stripes and can attest that I like the car with the stripes better than 'bare', but the blue is pretty no matter what. I toyed with the idea of buying a Kona blue with the stripe delete and then add just the rocker stripes in the Retro style of a 1967 GT500 in white.

IMHO, I don't like the cars with white stripes only for the reason that I couldn't have the seats with pretty white accents............I'd soil them.

Randy

I am not understanding how you "activate" a supercharger? I thought that was for civic's and that electric fan setup. Has the ECU been programmed to pull timing or is there a low-rpm rev-limiter or something until a certain mileage is reached, or does the dealership sell you the car without the belt, or what? *confused*

I am not understanding how you "activate" a supercharger? I thought that was for civic's and that electric fan setup. Has the ECU been programmed to pull timing or is there a low-rpm rev-limiter or something until a certain mileage is reached, or does the dealership sell you the car without the belt, or what? *confused*

The engine RPM (and hence, the supercharger RPM) is limited to 4000 RPM for the first FIVE CONSECUTIVE MILES or 50 start cycles.

So you can have 49 engine starts with 4.9 miles per start (240 miles) and still not have supercharger function.

Once you go over 5 miles in ONE TRIP (no restarts) the rev limiter is lifted to (I THINK) 6250 RPM.

Or after 50 start/stop cycles.

The car is a "drive by wire" throttle control so all the PCU does is limit throttle opening to keep RPM's limited. Same thing it uses for Traction Control (throttle opening & brake application, NOT ignition timing).

HTH,

Phill

One more look.........CIMG0760.jpg

Where did you get your license plate frame???

They used to be on SPP/SAI site but haven't been for a long time now.

TIA,

Phill

The supercharger unfortunately was already activated when I bought the car so I didn't get to activate it myself.

I am not understanding how you "activate" a supercharger?

I never understood the fascination with the supercharger activation..is it somehow different from the next 5,000 times it kicks in? Honest question... :blush:

Archived