TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 shelby gt 500

Am about to embark on a future event! The trade-in of the 10 for the 11. I know the up-grades but.................. how do they really compare???!!! Almost sad to see her go! Can anyone help this

transion? Especially when I have to wait for at least 10 weeks. Holy cow.... that means almost snow here in michigan! UUUUGGGG.

Am about to embark on a future event! The trade-in of the 10 for the 11. I know the up-grades but.................. how do they really compare???!!! Almost sad to see her go! Can anyone help this

transion? Especially when I have to wait for at least 10 weeks. Holy cow.... that means almost snow here in michigan! UUUUGGGG.

Had a 2010 Vert and upgraded the the 2011 vert.

1. Ride is much improved over rough roads, firmer but still very comfortable and more control when punching the throttle. Quieter with road/ wind noise.

2. Electric steering, better feel at speed, more presice control, you can trun the wheel with 1 finger standing still, that still feels weird.

3. Exhaust sound is much better IMO

4. Integrated mirrors are nice after u get used to them.

5. HD radio is a welcome change.

6. Power about the same but feel my 2010 pulled stronger in 2nd.

7. Engine is beautiful, now I am proud to keep the hood up, without mods, at shows.

Very happy I made the change :salute: BTW delivery only took 6 weeks

Had a 2010 Vert and upgraded the the 2011 vert.

1. Ride is much improved over rough roads, firmer but still very comfortable and more control when punching the throttle. Quieter with road/ wind noise.

2. Electric steering, better feel at speed, more presice control, you can trun the wheel with 1 finger standing still, that still feels weird.

3. Exhaust sound is much better IMO

4. Integrated mirrors are nice after u get used to them.

5. HD radio is a welcome change.

6. Power about the same but feel my 2010 pulled stronger in 2nd.

7. Engine is beautiful, now I am proud to keep the hood up, without mods, at shows.

Very happy I made the change :salute: BTW delivery only took 6 weeks

Hey thanks for the input. Sounds cool. Love the idea of better handling, engine bay looks, and exhaust note! Don't like the thiner race stripes or the wheel looks on the SVT package but I guess I'll get used to it. U say the 10 felt stronger in 2nd gear? Do u have the 3.73 gear rear end? I was hoping that gear change would make a much improved launch and stronger pull throughout each gear and power band. How do u like the difference in the stick if u have the svt package? The pics of it look like the shaft is longer so your hand would be positioned a little higher than in the 10? Again thanks for the input. I look forward to getting into the new one.

Hey thanks for the input. Sounds cool. Love the idea of better handling, engine bay looks, and exhaust note! Don't like the thiner race stripes or the wheel looks on the SVT package but I guess I'll get used to it. U say the 10 felt stronger in 2nd gear? Do u have the 3.73 gear rear end? I was hoping that gear change would make a much improved launch and stronger pull throughout each gear and power band. How do u like the difference in the stick if u have the svt package? The pics of it look like the shaft is longer so your hand would be positioned a little higher than in the 10? Again thanks for the input. I look forward to getting into the new one.

Here is my picture brigade of the changes that I've noted: http://marblesmotors.com/GT5002011Differences.htm

Here is my picture brigade of the changes that I've noted: http://marblesmotors.com/GT5002011Differences.htm

Boy! I hope you did that pic sequence for everyone and not just me. Very nice job with noted changes. I imagine the breather cap on the rear axle gear plate had a problem with leaking fluid? Moving it to the top has alleviated this problem? Again, thanks for the info and by the way.... sweet ride! I like the color combo.

Archived