TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New guy from AZ- 2011 GT500 Coupe

QUIKSVT

Hello all! My name is Mike and I live in Phoenix, AZ. I recently purchased my second SVT product, a 2011 Shelby GT500 Coupe. The car is black/black/satin black stripes, with the electronics package. I ordered this car on 5/11 and took delivery of it on 7/1. I'm really pleased with it and can't wait to get some time behind the wheel.

I've been on this fourm for a few weeks and have really appreciated the info provided so far. The phone numbers for Ford and contacts to find out where my car was during the build/delivery process was priceless (I was more informed than my dealer).

These are not great pics, but a few I shot yesterday when I brought it home. It was 114 degrees and I didn't really feel much like standing on the asphalt taking pictures!

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

Nice ride. There are quite a few of us in AZ. We need to try and schedule a get togehter. Hard to sync up with everyone. Love the Black on black.. Few more months for me to add another steed to the corral.

Drive ON! :shift:

Mike,

Great looking ride.. Love the black on black..Nothing compares to a shinny black beauty!! I was going to order the same but I'm OCD with keeping it spotless, so I decided on the Ingot silver with the red stripe.. I'm taking delivery tomorrow.. Hey by the way, nice garage!!! I'd be embarrased to show a picture of mine!! Needless to say I'll be spending some time cleaning it before I post any pictures with my new baby in it!! :hysterical3: lol...Paul. from NY..

Those are the wheels from the 2010 model. I thought there was a new design, or is that only for the cars with the SVTPP? The car looks sweet though!

Thanks! I didn't order the SVTPP because I didn't like the wheels. All non SVTPP cars have the same wheels as the 2010.

• 5 weeks later...

WELCOME and Congratulations Mike. Well kept black cars are beautiful, when clean. So far today I've applied a wax cleaner, a wax & sealant coat and I'm waiting on the wax and glaze to dry before buffing. Enjoy the new ride and share your experiences with us.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys! Ingram- its my second black SVT, but my first NEW one. I'm glad to be the only one to have touched the paint, so I'm not stuck with someone elses abused paint. I may need some pointers on the waxing though!

• 1 month later...

Archived