TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just another FNG!

I have been stalking this site for a bit now and I love the info here, and some of the mods you are doing to you cars is just awesome. I hope I can fit in here. My name is Mike and I just wanted to say hi and say that I am looking forward to getting to know some of you guys!

Heres my car

IMAG0031.jpg

Welcome aboard Mike. It's too bad you couldn't have found a far superior blue SGT, but that black one isn't too shabby either. ;)

Any pics under the hood? What kind of other mods have you been compelled to do?

Welcome aboard Mike. It's too bad you couldn't have found a far superior blue SGT, but that black one isn't too shabby either. wink.gif

Any pics under the hood? What kind of other mods have you been compelled to do?

I will get to posting more later tonight! Anyone do a dash kit on their Shelbys, I bought a brushed aluminum dash kit from Carid. Anyone done this!

I'm sure you'll get some input about your dash question.

Welcome to TS, Mike!

Don't worry about Ken. Even though his car is only blue, it's still kinda nice.... :lurk:

More pics are always welcome.

Dan

We Black SGT owners stick together. Shelby built the most of the best color anyway. :hysterical: Nice to have you with us.

this is the only dash upgrade I wanted smile.gif

I think i've seen somebody on here do carbon fiber overlays though.... not sure.....

Yeah but I don't have the aluminum dash like you, so I want that! Love the autograph though

Yeah but I don't have the aluminum dash like you, so I want that! Love the autograph though

You can purchase all the items you need directly from ford.

Welcome to Team Shelby, if you have not already please follow the link in my signature to register your Shelby. If you need assistance just hollar.

Chris

Yeah, I don't know the price difference, but you might be happier long run with oem stuff over the stick on stuff...

I called my local ford dealer and they couldn't give me a good answer. Can anyone get me a price on the Aluminum for the upper dash all the way across!

Welcome, Mike

I too want to upgrade my dash and my first choice is the IUP Kit from Ford.

However, this is my second choice. They make both carbon fiber and satin alum kits:

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16204&category_id=254

and they appear to make quality stuff.

Laurence

I purchased a dark charcoal kit on Ebay for 173.00 and changed out my silver one, It took about 1 hour and was easy, when I put it all back together I only had 3 screws left over, I can live with that, btw I sold the bright aluminium dash to a TS member, Rick

I called my local ford dealer and they couldn't give me a good answer. Can anyone get me a price on the Aluminum for the upper dash all the way across!

Welcome aboard ! I have the Paxton 1200SL blower too but want to add the intercooler soon.

These guys have OEM take-offs: http://stores.ebay.com/Greenleaf-Prime-Salvage?_rdc=1

Hey Ken...we all know BLACK was your 1st choice... :hysterical3:

Welcome FNG Mike!! Glad to have you with us. Sorry to hear about the injured cars (black and blue)......

Welcome aboard ! I have the Paxton 1200SL blower too but want to add the intercooler soon.

These guys have OEM take-offs: http://stores.ebay.c...-Salvage?_rdc=1

Hey Ken...we all know BLACK was your 1st choice... hysterical3.gif

Thanks everyone for the welcome! I made a good find online last night. EBAY, I found a brand new Bullit dash for 300 and cancelled my dash kit order. Anyone know how easy it is to change these panels out. The two that look the most difficult are the ones buy the instrument cluster and the the airbag one!

I called my local ford dealer and they couldn't give me a good answer.

Really!!!!! What a shocker.... :hysterical:

Welcome, great choice of car especially the color.

I couldn't agree more!!!

Welcome Mike, I think you'll like it here, lots of great folks with a wealth of information!

Welcome Aboard Mike ! Team Shelby Members will always help you out, no mater what the problem or question. Oh by the way White is the fastest color.

Thanks everyone for the welcome! I made a good find online last night. EBAY, I found a brand new Bullit dash for 300 and cancelled my dash kit order. Anyone know how easy it is to change these panels out. The two that look the most difficult are the ones buy the instrument cluster and the the airbag one!

Welcome aboard from a recovering Black SGT owner! You'll find lots of posts on replacing the airbag cover; in fact I think Grabber just reposted his link on that very issue. You might consider sending it in for Carroll's signature before you replace it though. Just a thought.

John

Welcome aboard from a recovering Black SGT owner! You'll find lots of posts on replacing the airbag cover; in fact I think Grabber just reposted his link on that very issue. You might consider sending it in for Carroll's signature before you replace it though. Just a thought.

John

What about the rest of the panels, do they just pull out and pop in. Thanks for the welcome!

Archived