TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Best Ford Dealer in San Antonio

Sherri  Leicht

For car mods/repair i assume? I take mine to Jordan ford and they have always worked with me and my shelby and been really good with follow up. I cant complain about Jordan Ford.

Northside has "svt" techs but I do want to express from my own personal experience that i WILL NEVER do business with Northside ford here in town. NEVER EVER EVER! i hope this helps you sherri!

For car mods/repair i assume? I take mine to Jordan ford and they have always worked with me and my shelby and been really good with follow up. I cant complain about Jordan Ford.

Northside has "svt" techs but I do want to express from my own personal experience that i WILL NEVER do business with Northside ford here in town. NEVER EVER EVER! i hope this helps you sherri!

I ordered my car from Northside on june 14th expectin delivery august 10th is there something I should know about the dealer? :doh:

• 3 weeks later...

wish i would have found the thread earlier. but yes, i agree about jordan ford. of course, i base my decisions off the rip-you-off factor. jordan has the lowest rip-you-off factor. i got my 2011 gt500 ordered under sticker if that means anything. couldn't say that about any other dealers i went to. i heard jennings anderson in boerne is good too, but i can't verify that.

HighTorque, i missed your reply on this thread but hopefully your still around and read this, about northside, first reason i dont deal with northside is because theyve never been willing to negotiate prices with me, second, back when i had my SGT the weld on the muffler hanger broke and they said they'd fix it then on day 2 of them having it they said they didn't have a welder then on day 3 they said that i broke the hanger and wouldn't fix it and that i'd need a new exhaust that i would have to pay out of pocket, i took it to jordan ford and they covered it under warranty with a new muffler and hanger no hassle at all.

Then a few months ago i was driving my shelby and the clutch started going out, aware of the tsb on the clutch i took it there as it was the closest dealer when i was driving and the first thing the service advisor said was, "let me get you some prices" i said prices for what? its a tsb issue and my car fit the scenario so why should i have to pay and i got the run around from her on reasons they wont replace it, no let me check or see no going the extra mile, just straight up NO, then again took to jordan ford and they said no problem and i had the car back before the end of the week and all under warranty.

So i will never go to northside for anything because of their inablity to serve the customer in anyway via prices or service. I drive the extra 10miles or so knowing my car will get done correctly and with peace of mind.

• 2 weeks later...

HighTorque, i missed your reply on this thread but hopefully your still around and read this, about northside, first reason i dont deal with northside is because theyve never been willing to negotiate prices with me, second, back when i had my SGT the weld on the muffler hanger broke and they said they'd fix it then on day 2 of them having it they said they didn't have a welder then on day 3 they said that i broke the hanger and wouldn't fix it and that i'd need a new exhaust that i would have to pay out of pocket, i took it to jordan ford and they covered it under warranty with a new muffler and hanger no hassle at all.

Then a few months ago i was driving my shelby and the clutch started going out, aware of the tsb on the clutch i took it there as it was the closest dealer when i was driving and the first thing the service advisor said was, "let me get you some prices" i said prices for what? its a tsb issue and my car fit the scenario so why should i have to pay and i got the run around from her on reasons they wont replace it, no let me check or see no going the extra mile, just straight up NO, then again took to jordan ford and they said no problem and i had the car back before the end of the week and all under warranty.

So i will never go to northside for anything because of their inablity to serve the customer in anyway via prices or service. I drive the extra 10miles or so knowing my car will get done correctly and with peace of mind.

Wow, well I ordered my car there and my dealer called me today and gave me a vin and an eta of August 8th. I live in Dallas TX now so any service will be done up here. Thanks for the heads up. :superhero:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My son needs a good Ford dealer in San Antonio for his SVT Focus. Which one is the lesser of all the evils? Thanks :)

Hi, I was searching for shelby blogs and came about this site. As of this month, I have to say, I trust Northside Ford. I know another member said the opposite. But before, I want to clear some confusion there are 2 Northside Fords. In my post I am only referring to the Northside Ford between Bitters Rd and Nakoma Rd. next to Hwy 281 ...210-525-1125 (quick Lane)

So, in my post, I will give names, and maybe the people that he worked with are not there anymore and maybe he is referring to the other one that I do not know anything about and the owners are different owners. In order to get me into Northside Ford, they he had to match another dealers price which they did in service and parts. Northside Ford will match an advertisement for the same part providing is the same quality.

Basically, They matched the transmission, and oil change, plus labor parts included of Jiffy-lube advertisement receipt I took and he matched it and beat it by a couple of cents. You can also download any Ford service and parts coupons from other ford dealers in our city and they will match it. They will staple it with the work order just be sure you take it to them.

Lets talk about warranties. I have to disagree with the other post in my situation. I really do not know who was his service adviser when he went in for his car. But every person sitting at the desk has a manager/supervisor. He sits somewhere else. You don't like what you are hearing. Talk with the other service guy sitting next to him next time, or wait until 2:00 pm when the service manager gets in to hear your complaint. Perhaps, the guy behind the desk is not hearing you correctly. They are there to help you and keep you as a customer. Or, they will get fired. I have seen at least 2 get fired. Presently, there is Gene whom, I do not know much about so I won't comment about him. Then, there is one called Javier who I trust with several cars. There is a mechanic who has a shelby himself and tunes it and that's why I'm here I want to know more cause that is my next car to buy.

Here is what happens when they know your car or truck is under warranty. They want to repair it no matter what it cost. Because they can charge the warranty and get their money. If they break the part while repairing your vehicle and you know they broke it. They will repair it at their cost. Manager will be notify that the tech broke the item and if their is a doubt. All you have to say is that the part does not break on its own, and you want it repaired and not be charged. Sometimes, your service adviser might not know that the part got broken for example the weld did not sit well with this man's hanger so it came loose causing the muffler to fall and damage. That is covered under warranty.

I guess, what really got me trusting this dealership was when I had just replaced a costly part for my car. About 2 months had past, and I notice vibration, on the car. Same side. Went back to the dealer. They told me all repairs are warranted for 6 month 12000 miles which ever comes first. They fixed it free. They could have lied to me and told me it was another part or that another part cause the damage and I would have not known the difference but they were honest and told me the part was defective. I paid nothing for parts and the work was done for free, under warranty.

Whether your car is under warranty or not they will give you a ride back to your place of residence or work if you need to go there and can't wait for it. You can also arrange for them to pick you up if it is within there working shuttle hours. ( shuttle hours end around I think 3 pm and they have to shuttle on Saturday) Usually, I get my car back same day within 4 hours because they have many mechanic. There was 1 day I got my car back the next day, and that is because the part had to be ordered from another state, and it was delivered the next afternoon, so I got my car back around 3 pm. Their mechanics stay there till 8 or 9 pm. working on the car they started because they want to finish with the cars that came in that day, and start fresh the next day.

Quick lane has free good coffee while you wait, and a free phone in their waiting area quick lane.

The only bad thing is that their snack bar - sucks and would not buy food there. Gyros no good, burgers fair, tacos fair. fries no good, coffee burnt, fountain drinks flat. ( Snack bar not owned by Ford)... Sorry, Ford talk to them,work on it and I will give you a thumbs up next time.

Sales..I trust one dealer that does not advertise. Northside Ford, but I do not trust all sales persons at this dealership, because I have not met them all. I only trust 1.

Hi John, welcome to team shelby!

I was not aware there are 2 northside fords in san antonio? And yes the one i was referring to in my post is the one at bitters and nakoma on 281/san pedro. So its the same dealer. Also because my issue was a clutch issue i was not in the quick lane, but in the service area. The ladies name was stephanie that i had my clutch experience with and if theres an opposite of a yes man she's it, she's a "no woman" lol.

I am glad that your experience there has been a good one! Mine have never been with them. There are several other san antonio shelby and mustang owners that will only take their car to Jordan ford. I know a couple here go to Northside ford and if they are getting treated the way you are then awesome! My own personal preference is to never go back to northside for anything. I know how the warranty system works with dealers, BOTH times northside in my case refused to cover it under warranty, I shouldn't have to go from service person to service person begging for my car to get fixed under warranty. BOTH times at Jordan right away they said they'd fix it without hassle and my experience with them has been outstanding! In my opinion a team is only as good as your slowest player, if a dealer has a service advisor or tech or trash guy or whoever representing them and they fail to provide correct and good customer service it reflects poorly on the whole dealer.

In the end they are all ford dealers and my house has 4 ford vehicles under its roof, so i'll always be a ford man and use a ford dealer for my warranty and maintanence needs. If Northside treats you good awesome! If jordan treats you good awesome! if jennings anderson treats you good awesome! I gave northside their chances and so i looked elsewhere and ended up at jordan.

I wish you all the best with your sales/service experience with northside, i really do. I must have caught them on their bad days.

Sal is right. Stephanie Rocha is her name. And when you bring up a TSB, she almost immediately dismisses it. And look, I know ALL the people at Northside. Bill Andrews came over from another department and he is a great guy, and so is Curtis, so go to them if you need warranty work. That said, their SVT tech, Darren is a stand up guy, much better than their last guy, and if you need a part ordered, Mike Goodman is the guy to talk to. Im friends with the sales manager, Scott Rauber, and that is who I bought my GT500 from, and know Chad, the GM well too. Its only because I know everyone there, and I live close that I use them though. I had a wire issue with my new GT350, and got charged 1100.00 for that minor glitch. (The pitfall of getting the baddass supercharger and voiding your drivetrain warranty) Hopefully it wont happen again. I dont have a problem with the people, except for Stephanie- she charged me 100.00 buck for an alternator that went out, said it was a deductable for the warranty fix. A month later I got a check in the mail refunding me that, so the dealership has some good people, just dont go to Stephanie if you have warranty work needed. Just my two cents.

I have used the quick lane for a TSB on my van. They did an acceptible job. Didn't go the extra mile or anything, but no major complaints.

I used the regular service dept several time for my church's van. Not a good experience there. I took it in for an alignment and to have the A/C checked. They told me the alignment was fine, but that the van needed 4 new tires. They said that 2 of the tires were out of round. I took the van to discount tire and only needed 1 new tire and that the problem with the others was a bad front alignment and a mis-balance in one tire. Saved me about $300 there. They then told me the A/C system in these big (12 passenger) vans doesn't blow as cold as it does in a smaller car. Really??? A larger capacity A/C system blows warmer than a smaller capacity system??? They wouldnt even test the temp output from the vents. Told me it was fine. I checked the temps in this van vs. out 15 passanger van and there was a 15 degree difference. The system was a bit low on R134a. Simple freaking problem to fix, but they wouldn't even check it out.

Me? I buy all my parts from Jordan and would buy my next car from either Jordan, Bluebonnet or Jennings Anderson.