TEAM SHELBY FORUM

8 Rib SC Kits

I was interested more to prevent shredded belts and slipping than running big boost, seems like a lot of folks have belt issues with the whipple. what do you think the upper limit is for boost with these setups though? Although if I'd still need a better tensioner, the dedicated belt system might be the way to go....

That looks like a nice kit. I looked at it before I purchased the Thump RR tensioner arm which really helped stabilize the 6-rib belt.

Adding too much boost to the Whipple on a 4.6L will put you in the danger zone for sure, at least according to my research. The stock Whipple supercharger pulley is 3.25 inches for the 4.6L. The kit comes with various size pulleys, the one he offers at 3.20" would be the best size for our cars. The gentleman that manufacturers these kits said that the install time is around four hours. You need to remove the radiator fan for the install.

Yeah, I won't be adding boost unless I spring for that aluminator short block eventually, just read that a tensioner was needed, and initially thought this kit would eliminate the need for that AND allow bigger boost eventually, but the more I think about it, tensioner first, then the 10 rib dedicated setup if I decide to go big later....

I've got several of these 8 rib pulleys for sale from BGG.

With a Paxton, I don't have a choice but to buy the full 8 rib kit from Paxton. I didn't realize this when I bought these from Andrew.

They're brand new. If anyone's interested, send me a PM.

Archived