TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Replacement Air Filter

Hi. Has anyone found a replacement filter for the 2010 GT500? I see that JLT is out of stock but perhaps S & B or K & N has a replacement that fits our cars with the stock airbox

thanks

do a search--i got a Ford part from an on line place,not JLT a few months ago,froma post here

I'm looking for the stock replacement filter too. Mine is finally showing some dirt. The local Ford dealer wants $127 (ouch). I found it online from Rock Auto @ $63.79. Didn't check out the shipping costs. People on other boards have dealt with them in the past (I haven't)...and I'd call to verify that it's in stock before ordering online.

FA1896 Motorcraft Air Filter

It says those are for the 07-09's, did you guys buy the one your linking or call them and differentiate to a 10 filter?

It says those are for the 07-09's, did you guys buy the one your linking or call them and differentiate to a 10 filter?

You would think that they would update the product description if it truly was also able to be used for the 2010 Model. There must be a difference..as I've searched for a replacement for the 2010 and only found the Motorcraft one.

Roush has a replacement filter for the 10-11 Shelby for 229.00, it says it also give 8 hp and 8 lb-ft gain.

Show me the Dyno! redcard.gif

Considering it's the identical engine in the 10 as in the 07-09, I don't see why they'd use a different filter.

The M-9601-D 07-09 Ford Racing filter is 6" while the 2010 is 5.75". Apparently it works but you have to cinch it down pretty tight. I'm partial to dry filters so I'll get the one at Rock Auto when the time comes. I'm certainly not paying Ford $127.

blu--whats the functional difference between cone and panel---mine seems to be working fine

I don't really know for sure..but I'd assume that the cone flows better in high horsepower applications.

The M-9601-D 07-09 Ford Racing filter is 6" while the 2010 is 5.75". Apparently it works but you have to cinch it down pretty tight. I'm partial to dry filters so I'll get the one at Rock Auto when the time comes. I'm certainly not paying Ford $127.

Thanks for posting that info, mullens. I had thought there had to be a difference. I'm sticking with the stock dry filter too.

Archived