TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Eagle F1 supercar tires

topgun

Sounds like a great buy, The only thing is that Tirerack also has these tyres for about the same price but a seemingly indentical set is also listed at 410 per tyre, the 410 dollar a piece set says they are for the shelby GT500, they actually suggest each other when you are looking at each one, Trying to figure this out. I have to schlep them to the UK and want them to be correct.

cheers. Peter

Two different compounds of rubber used in the tires (I think). The more expensive tire was made specifically for th KR and is replacing the less expensive tire as Goodyear is no longer producing that particular tire, or so I was told.

Two different compounds of rubber used in the tires (I think). The more expensive tire was made specifically for th KR...

Correct. I *think* the KR is the "R" compound. Much stickier than the standard F1 for the GT500. Also, less mileage rating (softer rubber = faster wear).

And the KR tire is identified with a nickle sized "Flying Shoe" emblem on the sidewall.

Phill

This is the product description from cjpony parts

GOODYEAR 255/45/18 EAGLE F1 SUPERCAR TIRES 2005-2010 $125.95 ea for the front and $161.96 ea for the rear, this includes the 10% discount. The same tires at tirerack are $409 ea for the rear and $304 ea for the front. Big difference for really good tires

Part Number: F32

Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar Tires for 2005-2010 Mustangs, GT500s and Ford GTs.

These tires are OE on new Shelbys and Ford GTs. The GT500KR had specific tires made with a special tread. Both styles of tire will have the same fit.

The GT500KR tires are made of a special compound that helps send maximum horsepower to the road while also improving the overall handling balance.

CJ Pony and Tire Rack have both the GT500 (treadwear 220) and GT500KR (treadware 180) Eagle F1 Supercar tires.

GT500

at CJ Pony $125.96 and $161.96 w/ free shipping

at Tire Rack $129 and $159 plus shipping

GT500KR

at CJ Pony $291.56 and $367.16 w/ free shipping

at Tire Rack $304 and $409 plus shipping

at Shelby Store $249.99 and 299.99 plus shipping

CJ Pony does have a good price on the GT500 tires. The Shelby Store may have the best price on the GT500KR tires right now.

Does anyone know what the availability and cost are of the new Goodyears being installed on the 2011's w/SVTPP? Can they be mounted on a stock 2010 coupe's 19" wheels and be expected to exceed the performance of the F1's???

Does anyone know what the availability and cost are of the new Goodyears being installed on the 2011's w/SVTPP? Can they be mounted on a stock 2010 coupe's 19" wheels and be expected to exceed the performance of the F1's???

The GT350 also uses this tire in 265/40-19 on a 19 x 9 wheel front and rear. There is no reason why you couldn't use them on a 2010+ GT500 19" wheel.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+F1+SuperCar+G%3A+2

Additionally, they do come in different compounds just like the previous generation.

Guy's don't expect miricles if you get the KR tire. I bought a set a while back and I still can't hook with them. I spin 3rd gear, which gets a little hairy at times. So getting a set of DR's now.

Yeah,with the KDW2's and other drag radial choices out there why the hell would anyone get ANOTHER set of the stock badyears. You can get a full set of BFG KDW2's for half the price of the badyears and they hook way better for a street tire. And if you like, get a set of those for the front and a nice set of DRs like the ET streets or the new Nitto NT05Rs for the rear.

I was after a set last week and found that unless a tire store has them on the shelf the only way to purchase new is from tire rack.

I ended up finding a set of new take off's including rims,sensors and center caps for 750.00

That was a great deal. Post pictures.

I dont want the BFGs or Nittos because they do not make a 255/45/18 and 285/40/18 combo

I will prob try the KR rubber next but $400 a piece for a tire, that must be a typo for an 18" tire

It's no typo, the rear tires are going for $400 plus ea

that was a great deal, the only "new" take off set I can find is 1200, plus 200 ship within the states then I have to get them here.

Peter

There are some on ebay for 900.

I work at a dealership and got mine from greenleaf at cost, they had quite a few sets left.

Shelby still has those super snake take off boxes for 2500 and are 15% off till the 6 I think that is a great deal.

I just got set from Shelby for the rears.

Once you get them warmed up they do hook better ... not like Nittos ... but I am happy with them !

Funny thing running across this thread today, I had just finished playing a round of golf at the Bandit in New Braunfels when I noticed I had a screw in the outside tread of the back left tire. Bummer, I thought I was going to have to buy a new tire. I took it to Blue Bonnet Motors and showed it to the service tech Bill Farris. He said the tire would have to be replaced. We looked on the computer and they had two F1 Supercar tires for a 285/40/z18. One was $192.00 and the other one was $454.00. That's not even balanced or mounted. I TOLD HIM I LIKED THE CHEAPER ONE. He laughed and apologized for not knowing what the difference was in the two tires. He also said that Ford does not keep the tire in stock and it would have to be ordered thus advising a possible two day or more wait. Waiting was not an option since I do not live in New Braunfels. Anyways, he suggested that I go to a mom and pop goodyear service center just down the road. The owner walked out and took one look and said ouch that's gonna be expensive son. I'm 49 so I took it as a compliment. He soaked it down and pulled the screw out. Turns out It was just a 1/4 sheet metal screw. So, I did not need a tire after all thank goodness. I appreciated the dealerships honesty, but this goes to show that the forums have some pretty spot on advice. Now I know what the difference is between the two tires: It's compound. Thx

Funny thing running across this thread today, I had just finished playing a round of golf at the Bandit in New Braunfels when I noticed I had a screw in the outside tread of the back left tire. Bummer, I thought I was going to have to buy a new tire. I took it to Blue Bonnet Motors and showed it to the service tech Bill Farris. He said the tire would have to be replaced. We looked on the computer and they had two F1 Supercar tires for a 285/40/z18. One was $192.00 and the other one was $454.00. That's not even balanced or mounted. I TOLD HIM I LIKED THE CHEAPER ONE. He laughed and apologized for not knowing what the difference was in the two tires. He also said that Ford does not keep the tire in stock and it would have to be ordered thus advising a possible two day or more wait. Waiting was not an option since I do not live in New Braunfels. Anyways, he suggested that I go to a mom and pop goodyear service center just down the road. The owner walked out and took one look and said ouch that's gonna be expensive son. I'm 49 so I took it as a compliment. He soaked it down and pulled the screw out. Turns out It was just a 1/4 sheet metal screw. So, I did not need a tire after all thank goodness. I appreciated the dealerships honesty, but this goes to show that the forums have some pretty spot on advice. Now I know what the difference is between the two tires: It's compound. Thx

I played the Bandit once. I'm not a very good golfer and it ate my lunch! But I'm glad that I played it...

CJ Pony and Tire Rack have both the GT500 (treadwear 220) and GT500KR (treadware 180) Eagle F1 Supercar tires.

GT500

at CJ Pony $125.96 and $161.96 w/ free shipping

at Tire Rack $129 and $159 plus shipping

GT500KR

at CJ Pony $291.56 and $367.16 w/ free shipping

at Tire Rack $304 and $409 plus shipping

at Shelby Store $249.99 and 299.99 plus shipping

CJ Pony does have a good price on the GT500 tires. The Shelby Store may have the best price on the GT500KR tires right now.

CJ has 10% off sale starting today plus add the 5% discount code CATREQ plus free shipping and you get a really good deal!

I played the Bandit once. I'm not a very good golfer and it ate my lunch! But I'm glad that I played it...

You are correct sir, It is a course that you have to be able to place your shot in a position for the next shot.

CJ has 10% off sale starting today plus add the 5% discount code CATREQ plus free shipping and you get a really good deal!

"On Back order". Wonder for how long? would be nice to get an idea so I know how long I am out of commission!

"On Back order". Wonder for how long? would be nice to get an idea so I know how long I am out of commission!

it shipped so it was a short wait. +1 experience outside of the delay. CJ would have done well to inform folks if an item is out of stock at the time you place your order.

Archived