TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Passenger side ticking noise (A pillar?)

I'm getting an occasional, but highly annoying, ticking noise or metallic rattle from the passenger side of my 2011 GT500. It seemed to be coming from the glove box area, but after investigating further, it seems like it may be coming from the area where the A pillar meets the dash. I think read where there may be a TSB for this symptom on Mustangs prior to 2010, but has anyone experienced this on a 2010 or 2011? I plan to take it in to the dealer soon for a potential fix, but just curious if this is a known issue.

I'm getting an occasional, but highly annoying, ticking noise or metallic rattle from the passenger side of my 2011 GT500. It seemed to be coming from the glove box area, but after investigating further, it seems like it may be coming from the area where the A pillar meets the dash. I think read where there may be a TSB for this symptom on Mustangs prior to 2010, but has anyone experienced this on a 2010 or 2011? I plan to take it in to the dealer soon for a potential fix, but just curious if this is a known issue.

Check your map pocket on the pass door, make sure there isn't a coin rattling in the pocket (I hear that is common so there is a "history" of that).

There was a TSB for a rattle that sounded like a coin in the pocket...something about the door speaker and flashing on the door panel? Something like that....

Grabber should be able to clear my memory for ya.

Phill

Check your map pocket on the pass door, make sure there isn't a coin rattling in the pocket (I hear that is common so there is a "history" of that).

There was a TSB for a rattle that sounded like a coin in the pocket...something about the door speaker and flashing on the door panel? Something like that....

Grabber should be able to clear my memory for ya.

Phill

And Phill, if memory serves, there was another TSB on clicking sounds coming from the passenger side front speaker on early 2010's. Grabber may also be able to shed some light on that one as well.

HTH,

HAWKBARR

• 1 year later...

Archived