TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Updated clear coat with a splash

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very cool Jim, do you use the cabinet liner stuff to do the carbon fiber look? I've been wanting to give it a try, just not enough hours in the day!

yup its the stuff you see in the drawer of tool cabinets . i get it at Lowes big roll like $ 12 . i was thinking of doing a step by step on the on the cover im working on ??

Racer sorry about the Thread Hijack ;-}

JIM

yup its the stuff you see in the drawer of tool cabinets . i get it at Lowes big roll like $ 12 . i was thinking of doing a step by step on the on the cover im working on ??

Racer sorry about the Thread Hijack ;-}

JIM

It's ok look out your front window , I'm the fat guy with the pink thong and blow pop !!! Hello to my live forum :dance:

Next time I'm in NY, I'm coming to your house Racer. Not to beat your ass for screwing up the paint on a perfectly decent looking SGT, but to shake the hand of the woman that has to put up with your ass on a daily basis. :lol:

Just joshin ya, buddy. Did you leave the car flat black? I kind of dig the matte look honestly. You're always doing something bonkers with that thing, but somehow it always ends up looking better than it did before you started. Not sure how you manage it honestly, but good luck with the paint either way man.

As they say you don't know what tomorrow brings!!! Maybe stainless but when its done that's when all will see and of course with Jason advice.

Yes ken the wife is a saint to put up with my crazy ass but she only seen a dose of my madness , oh this should make you guys laugh, I got called for jury duty my wife already said there is no way in hell your going. I always want to yell out in court Your out of Order and then get dragged out by court officer !!!

One time in traffic court the make believe judge pissed me off so, I waited for court to end and he knew he pissed off . He bolted out of the court room with me in uniform on his ass. He made into the main office and locked me out then sticks his tongue out at me and say you lose. I flipped out and started to kicking the metal door in 2 cops tackle me. My own partner left me behind and this Sgt is stand ing over me with a tazer. My family still till today wonder why they hired me and how they never fired me. :hysterical:

Happy 4th

Ok my fans these pic's are fresh not buffed or wet sanded. Please Jason go easy on me this time, I took my time but still had some mishaps. First Jason caught the scratches under the clear on the hood he has great eye. I still don't know how they were so deep only used 1500 grit to scuff orginal clear. So as you guys saw the car wet sanded down, I went a step further so there were no chances of the scratches showing. I used primer sealer to cover the whole car 2 nice coats then bought fresh Nason black paint and sprayed the car down 3 times. On the second coat my ceiling started to drip water onto my florescent then on to the car thank God it dripped onto the stripes on the roof. I had a cup handy to place under the drip then ran up stairs my water cooler for no reason was leaking from the tank. After the last coat of black waited for the paint to dry then mixed the clear with the pearl still have enough pearl powder to do about 1,000 cars. Sprayed the clear 2 nice coats followed the directions and only have three runs to fix. So here are the pic's enjoy.

post-18733-127864496255_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127864510857_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127864523506_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127864538422_thumb.jpg

post-18733-12786460238_thumb.jpg

post-18733-12786462377_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127864638818_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127864496255_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127864510857_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127864523506_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127864538422_thumb.jpg

post-18733-12786460238_thumb.jpg

post-18733-12786462377_thumb.jpg

post-18733-127864638818_thumb.jpg

Thanks mike it should be done by the time your get together comes along !!! Just having a stronger coat of clear on the car makes me happy. I did my test with my drop light cord against the fender and no marks no imprint of the cord even whacked it and nothing. I love black but if I knew they were coming out with the blue shelby. I would have waited black is to much of a pain to keep clean and no matter how careful you are it gets those fine scratches .

When, I drive down to south carolina to my moms house it would go alot quicker if I didn't stop and gas up and then get the car washed. Even when, I drive my expedition down to my inlaws my wife bet her mother that the truck would be spotless. Mom lost!!!

Even better how about you finished detailing your car the next day is work and you wake up. It's raining outside and you take the day off till it stops raining. My supervisor would laugh at the new sgt's when he see's that I'm not there. They tell him its raining he won't drive his car in the rain. What is scared to drive in it no he doesn't want his car to get dirty. I finally bought a work car. :hysterical:

Caio

• 2 weeks later...

Well like always car is in limbo !!! F_ __ in sinus infection, I convinced my wife that it would be good to move around. I buff half the car it's taking forever cause. I'm anal and wet sand till everything as far as the pearl is in contrast with each panel. I ever use a flashlight to seen if it shines evenly. But now paying for it and its my kids B-day party Sunday imagine if I can't get out of bed. :rip: wife :sos:

Archived