TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where do I go to buy

busababy

So my Mustang & fast ford mag is full of compaines that sell rims... question is are all the rims the same or is there a company that has a better quality rim ? Looking to put the FR500 rims on my car and want them in chrome. I hate hearing that allot of rims that come from China are out of balance..etc. I don't care where I buy them I just want them to be right ???

Let me know your opinions ?

Thanks,

American Muscle and Wheel Replica wheels are the same wheel, at least for the FR500 and a few others. For that matter most of the wheels in certain styles are the same wheel no matter who the company selling them are. The cost difference is usually because one company actually owns the molds and the rest order from them. Most wheels are made in China. The Wheel Replicas and the American Muscle are made in China at the same factory that a lot of the OEM wheels for Chrysler are made. They hold to OEM Specs on all wheels coming out of there. So if you like the FR500 style, then find the best deal and buy from there. If you actually worry about where parts are manufactured then you would actually own a Japanese car before a Big Three car anyway. Especially since so many parts are made in various other countries and then possibly assembled in the US or Canada.

Late Model Restoration Supply is also an option.

What he said. I've got a friend with the Latemodel Restoration Supply wheels. They look great and are decent. They call them SVE wheels. Top notch customer service as well.

Thank you guys for the info, not worried about so much where they are made, more worried about stories I have read on these forums about wheels being off balance, etc. I know at least 5 companies in the magazines that sell FR500 rims (or the clone) just wanted to make sure I delt with a good company and maybe their rim was better quality than other company that was selling the same one ?

I just called Shelby Performance parts looking for rims in 18 to see if anything has changed.. they did tell me that they have a sell on their KR rims in 18inch. Now 2K instead of 2900.00 or something like that. I would be okay with that however the catch is you have to own a KR to buy the rims and give them proof. I was thinking when I got off the phone...if I owned a KR than I would already have the rims....why would a buy another set ??? Anyone nice guy on the phone...told him the pain that 07-09 owners have not getting Razors, SS, etc rims in 18inch and how they would sell a ton of them for those of us that don't won't 20 inch rims. He agreeded but that is about as far as it will go. So for now I guess I need to just pull the trigger on some FR500 rims and call it a day. And of course when I do Aloca or American Racing, etc will come out with a cool rim that is an 18... that is how my luck goes :(

You might take a look at Cruizin Concepts Wholesale. I have not dealt with them, but their prices look good on FR500 wheels. Here is a link: http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale.com/fr500-wheels.asp.

I thought that someone had told me that the replica FR500s were made in Katy, Texas, but I may be mistaken.

You might take a look at Cruizin Concepts Wholesale. I have not dealt with them, but their prices look good on FR500 wheels. Here is a link: http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale.com/fr500-wheels.asp.

I thought that someone had told me that the replica FR500s were made in Katy, Texas, but I may be mistaken.

Those are great prices on FR500 rims. Is the quality the same on these as they are from Lethal or American Muscle ???

Archived