TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Traitor!

09KR0058

:hysterical:

You can let Andy know how you really feel about his decision here...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/58264-saying-goodbye/page__view__findpost__p__994481

Does Washington state have firing squads?

:hysterical:

What are you doing on a 370z site? redcard.gif Better tell that firing squad to be careful where they aim.

I have a Google alert setup for the keyword "Shelby". Got an alert this morning with a link to that post.

No way I'd be voluntarily hanging out with Uncle Ben and Mahatma!

Seriously though, I do like the look of that Z, but I could never bring myself to buy anything but Ford/Shelby!

That's funny.

What's even more funny is my wife had a 370Z as a loaner, which I got a speeding ticket within a week.

So far no tickets in the Shelby, although I've been pulled over several times. Seems the cops end up wanting to talk about the car, and they could really care less about the 370Z.

Edited by TX STIG

Something is just not right about this guy.....It's kind of weird.

What not right and so weird about appreciating different brands of vehicles. I just chose to drive something different for awhile. I been married to the same beautiful woman for 19.5 years. According to the divorce rate that makes me weird and different too.

I have a Google alert setup for the keyword "Shelby". Got an alert this morning with a link to that post.

No way I'd be voluntarily hanging out with Uncle Ben and Mahatma!

Seriously though, I do like the look of that Z, but I could never bring myself to buy anything but Ford/Shelby!

WHAT FOR? I HAVE NOTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT THIS FORUM OR THE CAR I USED TO OWN. I DID OWN 2 SHELBY'S, AND I STILL DRIVE A FORD.

That's funny.

What's even more funny is my wife had a 370Z as a loaner, which I got a speeding ticket within a week.

So far no tickets in the Shelby, although I've been pulled over several times. Seems the cops end up wanting to talk about the car, and they could really care less about the 370Z.

Don't you hate it when cops pull you over to talk about your car? That's happened to me twice now (In my Saleen). I mean seriously.....

I just read that Ohio is getting ready to push through house bill 191 which will give police the ability to permanently sieze your vehicle if you even look like you are "racing" which is defined as "rapidly accelerating" and doesn't require you to even be racing anyone.

What not right and so weird about appreciating different brands of vehicles. I just chose to drive something different for awhile. I been married to the same beautiful woman for 19.5 years. According to the divorce rate that makes me weird and different too.

The only thing not right about it is you traded something that most of us wouldn't trade for a lower end exotic for a freaking RICER man! Yeah the car looks nice but it has nothing on the Shelby in any way I can understand. Already the guys are telling you on that forum how you need a new exhaust......you know what that means? Fart Can. Before you know it you'll be putting a Kamikazee Wing on the thing and plastering it with "Type R" badges.

I guess I just feel insulted that someone would put that ricer in the same class with my own but considering my car has been at the dealership all week for warranty repair in my first 3 weeks of owning it maybe my thoughts are misplaced.

I just read that Ohio is getting ready to push through house bill 191 which will give police the ability to permanently seize your vehicle if you even look like you are "racing" which is defined as "rapidly accelerating" and doesn't require you to even be racing anyone.

Oh my...I think we actually have something like that here....not sure. But I remember something about an "unnecessary display of speed" citation.

If I do accelerate hard from a light or where ever...I do take a look around just to make sure. Wow..and they are trying to be able to seize your car? My gosh - I better not say anything about the fine politicians that we have...as that's not allowed here.

I could see how your new 370z forum pals are going to feel slighted that you stepped "down" to what you perceive as a lesser performing car (370z) from the Shelby.

Hope that works out fer ya....

Edited by Wingrider

Don't you hate it when cops pull you over to talk about your car? That's happened to me twice now (In my Saleen). I mean seriously.....

I just read that Ohio is getting ready to push through house bill 191 which will give police the ability to permanently sieze your vehicle if you even look like you are "racing" which is defined as "rapidly accelerating" and doesn't require you to even be racing anyone.

That law is crazy. Our governments on the National, State, and Local levels are getting out of control. There is no way the police should be able to permanently seize a vehicle for rapid acceleration.

I don't think it is that simple.............

Impoundment and Immobilization

The bill requires the impoundment and immobilization of all vehicles involved in street racing offenses. Under current law, when a vehicle is immobilized the owner is charged a $100 fee collected by the state and credited to the Law Enforcement Reimbursement Fund (Fund 83R0). These funds are used to reimburse law enforcement for costs associated with the immobilization of a vehicle. In addition to this fee, local law enforcement may assess a fee for the towing and storage of the vehicle. These fees are assessed and collected locally. The annual increase in the collection of revenue for the immobilization, towing, and storage of vehicles in any local jurisdiction will vary widely, but for some jurisdictions may exceed $5,000 annually.

The impoundment of license plates will require the owner of the vehicle to apply for reinstatement at the end of the impoundment period. The fees associated with reinstating the license plates are split between the State Highway Safety Fund (Fund 7036) and the State Bureau of Motor Vehicles Fund (Fund 4W40). Although the number of persons that might have their vehicle immobilized and impounded is difficult to estimate, it seems unlikely that the additional revenues generated for deposit in these state funds annually would be likely to exceed minimal. This means a potential revenue gain estimated at less than $100,000 per year for any affected state fund.

Criminal forfeiture of a vehicle

The bill specifies when the court shall order the criminal forfeiture of a vehicle involved in street racing. According to current criminal forfeiture law, after establishing whether or not a lien holder exists, and/or has any right to the vehicle, the law enforcement agency that employs the law enforcement officer who seized the vehicle is offered the vehicle. If that agency does not desire the vehicle, it must be sold. The proceeds from the sale must be distributed as follows:

· Payment of the costs incurred in connection with the seizure, storage, and maintenance of, and provision of security for, the vehicle, any proceeding arising out of the forfeiture, and if any, the sale;

· Payment of the value of any lien or ownership interest;

· Remaining proceeds not to exceed a total amount of $1,000 is deposited in the appropriate local law enforcement trust funds and/or state forfeiture funds; and

· Remaining proceeds are applied so that 50% is deposited in the Victims of Crime/Reparations Fund (Fund 4020), 25% is deposited in the Drug Abuse Resistance Education Fund (Fund 4L60), and 25% is deposited in the appropriate local law enforcement trust funds and/or state forfeiture funds.

Thus, as a result of the bill's criminal forfeiture provisions, additional vehicles may be subject to a court-ordered criminal forfeiture and subsequently sold, with some portion of the proceeds being paid in certain state and local law enforcement and forfeiture funds. The magnitude of the proceeds that could be paid in any given state or local fund annually is uncertain.

.......however, if people street race they are A-holes. I personally have worked numerous accidents where this happens and it involves fatalaties, many times "innocent" people unaware of what's happening. Keep it at the track............. That being said, I have no problems with a nice joyride. Just make sure the road is open and clear!!

I don't think it is that simple.............

Impoundment and Immobilization

The bill requires the impoundment and immobilization of all vehicles involved in street racing offenses. Under current law, when a vehicle is immobilized the owner is charged a $100 fee collected by the state and credited to the Law Enforcement Reimbursement Fund (Fund 83R0). These funds are used to reimburse law enforcement for costs associated with the immobilization of a vehicle. In addition to this fee, local law enforcement may assess a fee for the towing and storage of the vehicle. These fees are assessed and collected locally. The annual increase in the collection of revenue for the immobilization, towing, and storage of vehicles in any local jurisdiction will vary widely, but for some jurisdictions may exceed $5,000 annually.

The impoundment of license plates will require the owner of the vehicle to apply for reinstatement at the end of the impoundment period. The fees associated with reinstating the license plates are split between the State Highway Safety Fund (Fund 7036) and the State Bureau of Motor Vehicles Fund (Fund 4W40). Although the number of persons that might have their vehicle immobilized and impounded is difficult to estimate, it seems unlikely that the additional revenues generated for deposit in these state funds annually would be likely to exceed minimal. This means a potential revenue gain estimated at less than $100,000 per year for any affected state fund.

Criminal forfeiture of a vehicle

The bill specifies when the court shall order the criminal forfeiture of a vehicle involved in street racing. According to current criminal forfeiture law, after establishing whether or not a lien holder exists, and/or has any right to the vehicle, the law enforcement agency that employs the law enforcement officer who seized the vehicle is offered the vehicle. If that agency does not desire the vehicle, it must be sold. The proceeds from the sale must be distributed as follows:

· Payment of the costs incurred in connection with the seizure, storage, and maintenance of, and provision of security for, the vehicle, any proceeding arising out of the forfeiture, and if any, the sale;

· Payment of the value of any lien or ownership interest;

· Remaining proceeds not to exceed a total amount of $1,000 is deposited in the appropriate local law enforcement trust funds and/or state forfeiture funds; and

· Remaining proceeds are applied so that 50% is deposited in the Victims of Crime/Reparations Fund (Fund 4020), 25% is deposited in the Drug Abuse Resistance Education Fund (Fund 4L60), and 25% is deposited in the appropriate local law enforcement trust funds and/or state forfeiture funds.

Thus, as a result of the bill's criminal forfeiture provisions, additional vehicles may be subject to a court-ordered criminal forfeiture and subsequently sold, with some portion of the proceeds being paid in certain state and local law enforcement and forfeiture funds. The magnitude of the proceeds that could be paid in any given state or local fund annually is uncertain.

.......however, if people street race they are A-holes. I personally have worked numerous accidents where this happens and it involves fatalaties, many times "innocent" people unaware of what's happening. Keep it at the track............. That being said, I have no problems with a nice joyride. Just make sure the road is open and clear!!

Looks like a money grab in the name of safety to me.

Edited by bpmurr

Exactly. Totally unconstitutional.

And there is nothing wrong with a little street racing responsibly at low speeds.....responsibly meaning clear road with no traffic and low speeds.

Texting while driving kills far more people than street racing but you don't hear governments talking about seizing smart phones do you?

No way! I see cops getting shot over that one!

That's pretty much all law enforcement is anymore - revenue generation. They're a mild mafia that depend on excessive fees on top of fees in what's far too often a minor infraction. And if one of their own is pulled over for the same thing you get pulled over for, well guess what - laws get to be discriminately applied to different citizens based on one's status.

My all time favorites are the motorcycle cops that run up to 90 mph through traffic to catch the guy that's doing 8 mph over the limit in a 50 mph zone. I'm an upper GS-level PFT with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security so I don't need to be told I'm just another stupid Fed, but please explain that one to me as it's even beyond my IQ.

Having said all that, I must say I've been very impressed with the Texas Highway Patrol. "Almost" everyone I've encountered has been very professional and handled themselves befitting of their uniform. I can't say the same for most of the local cops in the DFW area. They too often seem to come across as if they're in the military in an occupied country.

We have that same S@#t law here in Ontario Canada. They Loosely call it " Street Racing ". Even if there's no other car around they can charge you with this rediculous charge . What that means for us is , they can impound your car for 7 days , loose your license for 7 days .

If found Guilty , ( 50 km over speed limit ) car could go to crusher , $10,000 fine , license lost for a very , very long time . You need Car groups to Fight this bill , be warned .

We have that same S@#t law here in Ontario Canada. They Loosely call it " Street Racing ". Even if there's no other car around they can charge you with this rediculous charge . What that means for us is , they can impound your car for 7 days , loose your license for 7 days .

If found Guilty , ( 50 km over speed limit ) car could go to crusher , $10,000 fine , license lost for a very , very long time . You need Car groups to Fight this bill , be warned .

If they pass this law in Ohio I'll be leaving the state within 6 months. If a cop every tried to take my property in such a way I think I would set fire to my shelby before I'd hand over the keys to some pig (any officer trying to confiscate your vehicle based upon their "judgement" would definately be a pig).

Well, the United States Constitution and your BIll of Rights might have something to say about that....

First, you are afforded "Due Process" (a trial, and a speedy trial at that)

Second, you are protected from Illegal Search and Siezure.

California passed a law (voted on by the people) years back that was overturned as Constitutinally illegal so it happens. Laws get passed, upper courts overturn because of conflict with the Constitution...

But I've seen stranger things happen....

Phill

Moving on to the subject, That's a lame excuse you got rid of your Shelby for a 370 because your afraid of getting a ticket, I daily drive a Focus and got pulled over once already for going 80 in a 70, in any car you are at risk of getting a ticket if you don't follow the speed limits period. Be honest you got rid of it because you were bored with it and decided to change your cars like I change my shorts plain and simple.

Edited by blown9350lx

Moving on to the subject, That's a lame excuse you got rid of your Shelby for a 370 because your afraid of getting a ticket, I daily drive a Focus and got pulled over once already for going 80 in a 70, in any car you are at risk of getting a ticket if you don't follow the speed limits period. Be honest you got rid of it because you were bored with it and decided to change your cars like I change my shorts plain and simple.

That may be accurate. I read one of his posts where he's had 45 cars. I'm sure the 370Z will be short lived as well.

Is there anything wrong with that? Not at all...he's just a car whore. Wish I was.

That may be accurate. I read one of his posts where he's had 45 cars. I'm sure the 370Z will be short lived as well.

Is there anything wrong with that? Not at all...he's just a car whore. Wish I was.

My wife kept telling me it was 45 cars, it was actually 41 vehicles, 29 cars & 11 mototcycles. I had to recount them all myself.

Pulled over twice in one week driving without front plates. My wife and I couldn't believe it. It was WA. State Troopers both times and I wasn't even on the darn freeway. The Local City Officers could care less it seems. No tickets thank God. My friend drives his 2008 Honda Civic all over and never gets pulled over, wonder why :headscratch: .

PS Nice color, looks similar to the Z :hysterical:

Edited by OneTrickPony

Well, the United States Constitution and your BIll of Rights might have something to say about that....

First, you are afforded "Due Process" (a trial, and a speedy trial at that)

Second, you are protected from Illegal Search and Siezure.

California passed a law (voted on by the people) years back that was overturned as Constitutinally illegal so it happens. Laws get passed, upper courts overturn because of conflict with the Constitution...

But I've seen stranger things happen....

Phill

Phill,

Come on now! Stranger things in California??? Please, don't spread rumors... you'll scare the natives.hysterical.gifhysterical.gifhysterical.gif