TEAM SHELBY FORUM

In-Car Camera Mount

So I'm looking to take some in-car video of some of the good roads in my area but need a good camera mount. I've searched on googled and was considering using a suction cup mount maybe mounting it on the drivers or passenger side glass to get the steering wheel and out towards the windshield?

Anyone currently use a camera mount or looked into one? Any insight or info you guys might have would be greatly appreciated

Here's the one I've found so far. Panavise #809

PANA-809.JPG

So I'm looking to take some in-car video of some of the good roads in my area but need a good camera mount. I've searched on googled and was considering using a suction cup mount maybe mounting it on the drivers or passenger side glass to get the steering wheel and out towards the windshield?

Anyone currently use a camera mount or looked into one? Any insight or info you guys might have would be greatly appreciated

Here's the one I've found so far. Panavise #809

PANA-809.JPG

Ram mounts has a bunch of mounting stuff

I've used these guys...

http://www.filmtools.com/

They are one of the larger suppliers to the Hollywood film studios and TV stations, and they sell almost every conceivable camera mount that's made, including the Ram Mount, Panavise, Cruse Cam, and others. Like Ken (kahmann), I have the Cruse Cam (but the longer one that clamps to both headrest uprights), and while it works well with the smaller, lighter, compact "palm" cameras, it tends to vibrate (shake) with my full size Canon XL H1 camera if the passinger seat is empty.

As you will see at their website, they also sell a myriad of "lipstick" cameras that are better suited for mounting on the outside of the car because of their compact and featherweight size.

I can be a tight wad at times so I built my own before going out to Tulsa....

http://www.crunchgear.com/2008/08/08/build-your-own-in-car-camera-mount-for-about-15/

worked great, but one thing I learned was to not mount to the passenger seat. With no weight of a passenger the seat moves quite a bit or at least on the track it did. I then switched it over to the drivers seat and it help a lot. Craig

I've had great luck with my Go Pro system. The mounts and camera have worked great, and I've used it in my 95 Cobra R on track numerous times. Note: they sell both regular and HD cameras. I have the HD, but the movie files that it creates are enormous, on the order of 4 GB for a 25 minute movie. Makes it tough to send to someone, but the audio/video is awesome in full 1080p HD. Something to consider...

Archived