TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MY 2010 FINALLY DYNO'D

Finally after 2 rainouts; I GOT DYNO'D today. It was a Mustang dyno and the shop owner has done several gt500's.He does tuning as well and felt he could not improve on the numbers and the af mixture was bang on.The temp. was 20 celcius.

My mods are an evo stage 0 tune, evo 2.6 pulley,frpp cj 65 mm tb/svt1 axle back/ resonator eliminator and a lower restriction air filter.

the numbers : 588.5rwhp ( 585.2wcf) at 6148rpm/132.8 mph in 4th.

535.9torque(533.7) @5124rpm/111.0 mph.

HE FELT IT WAS TUNED TO THE EDGEbut was a safe tune.He went on to state that with tires/ 3.73's and control arms 10.8- 11.2 are possible.He felt driveline loss with the tremec is 18% not 15% as I thought.This equates to a whole bunch.My guess is thes mods added about120-130 rwhp.It still idles/ runs like a charm and gives 15mpg around town.It has 1800 miles

Comments??

The svt1's at 6100 sound fantastic at the rear.!!!

Finally after 2 rainouts; I GOT DYNO'D today. It was a Mustang dyno and the shop owner has done several gt500's.He does tuning as well and felt he could not improve on the numbers and the af mixture was bang on.The temp. was 20 celcius.

My mods are an evo stage 0 tune, evo 2.6 pulley,frpp cj 65 mm tb/svt1 axle back/ resonator eliminator and a lower restriction air filter.

the numbers : 588.5rwhp ( 585.2wcf) at 6148rpm/132.8 mph in 4th.

535.9torque(533.7) @5124rpm/111.0 mph.

HE FELT IT WAS TUNED TO THE EDGEbut was a safe tune.He went on to state that with tires/ 3.73's and control arms 10.8- 11.2 are possible.He felt driveline loss with the tremec is 18% not 15% as I thought.This equates to a whole bunch.My guess is thes mods added about120-130 rwhp.It still idles/ runs like a charm and gives 15mpg around town.It has 1800 miles

Comments??

The svt1's at 6100 sound fantastic at the rear.!!!

Grats on the dyno run!

My observations:

If it is pump gas. Those are easily dynojet numbers, with those same mods most cars seem to hit ~530rwhp on a mustang dyno with the proper roller weight. Also I would estimate a 12% loss with the manual drivetrain in our cars :)

What are the SVT1 mufflers?

They are the m5230- svt1 - 49 state legal and have 4" tips which are a direct frpp replacement.They are round in shape.

Grats on the dyno run!

My observations:

If it is pump gas. Those are easily dynojet numbers, with those same mods most cars seem to hit ~530rwhp on a mustang dyno with the proper roller weight. Also I would estimate a 12% loss with the manual drivetrain in our cars :)

Yes ; it was 91 octane shell v power.

Very nice. I would suggest not spending your money on the 3:73's since you have 3:55's unless your going to a taller wheel/tire: Imo, a good Adj. UCA & LCA with some new rubber and your rocking with those #'s.

Very nice. I would suggest not spending your money on the 3:73's since you have 3:55's unless your going to a taller wheel/tire: Imo, a good Adj. UCA & LCA with some new rubber and your rocking with those #'s.

Apparently Nitto just released 3 weeks ago 305/19 dr which will fit nicely but since being taller; would require the 3.73's.

Thats right on par with what we see here on our mustang dyno with 2010's about 540.

Am I reading that right? 588 RWHP? So with 18% driveline loss that's 700+ crank hp. Am I doing the math correct, or is there something I'm missing. I didn't realize a pulley, TB and tune could produce that much more hp. I'm planning on similar mods next spring and if this is right, it's gonna be a beast (for me anyway)!!happy%20feet.gif

Am I reading that right? 588 RWHP? So with 18% driveline loss that's 700+ crank hp. Am I doing the math correct, or is there something I'm missing. I didn't realize a pulley, TB and tune could produce that much more hp. I'm planning on similar mods next spring and if this is right, it's gonna be a beast (for me anyway)!!happy%20feet.gif

It seems a little high to me as well.

20C is 68F, so the temp was pretty good.

It seems a little high to me as well.

20C is 68F, so the temp was pretty good.

Ralph Arning - SVT told me last year that 20 celcius was the optium temp. I lucked in on my dyno day.My tune shop sets up fuel dragsters and builds/ dynos cars from all over; and has done several gt500's.Evo told me to expect about 560 rwhp with my mods.I did 2 runs: the first was 585rwhp at 5900rpm.Rollers were set to 3940lbs.The tuner has had these engines to 6800 rpm and since the hp was still building at 585 ; he suggested to go to 6100.This run produced 588rwhp .Again; he felt to go further; I need a KB or Whipple and many other changes- injectors; etc.He has built these engines to 880rwhp( 1 there which blew at a mile race) and states they start to lose reliability at about 750 at the crank.

He felt where I was at 588 ; it is reliable; i CAN HAVE FUN ;AND STILL GO LIKE SMOKE. THANKS TO EVO and Wall's.

www.wallsrodcustom.com

hmmm. I really need to get mine on a dyno. I thought most with just the 2.6 pulley/tune/exhaust were closer to 520 rwhp and that mustang dyno's usually read a little lower. Can't see a TB adding that much more

A Mustang dyno will read "as it is set up". You can set one up to read DynoJet #'s. Most tunners do this now since everyone likes a big numbers. To the OP, I'm sure your #'s are uncorrected and at 68F you might make those #'s. Corrected SAE no way with your mods.

There are no factory "freaks" just freaks running dynos :lol:

A Mustang dyno will read "as it is set up". You can set one up to read DynoJet #'s. Most tunners do this now since everyone likes a big numbers. To the OP, I'm sure your #'s are uncorrected and at 68F you might make those #'s. Corrected SAE no way with your mods.

There are no factory "freaks" just freaks running dynos :lol:

My original post shows the SAE correction factor(wcf) as 585.2 at 20degrees celcius which are the corrected numbers downward. It was a low humidity day with good temp..2 RUNS WERE DONE with only a 5-6 minute

cool down between runs( proving good conditions) as verified by a heat temp gun measuring engine/ blower temps.Again; these were perfect conditions. The tuner was well versed on the problematic high dynojet numbers and felt since machine is lower.. Evo ( when they sent me the new tune) told me to expect 550 -560 rwhp.I was told my AF mix was certainly not rich but not dangerously lean. as shown on the dyno.

Even SVT felt a number of cars are pessimistic at the 540 crank hp.

All in all; I would recommend the setup.Happy customer.

I'm still in the camp that thinks the numbers are a little high based on your mods, but still good info.

And yes, if you're going to blow a motor it's going to be on a mile run. Airing these things out in overdrive are NOT ideal conditions!

Yes a little high on the numbers, but there are so many varibles on dynos who's to say? The only thing I don't agree on is the 18% drivetrain losses. These tremecs are very efficient so normal loss is 12-15%. Autos lose 18-20%.

Archived