TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It Finally Arrived....but with a little damage

QUIKSVT

So my car arrived today, and I was so stoked to hear so! During shipment the front chin spoiler was slightly damaged. The dealer has ordered the part, but is coming from Sacramento and probably won't arrive until Thursday. Since it was damaged in shipment, they won't release the car to me until it gets fixed. I guess this is normal policy? Makes sense though.

I'll say it really sucks to have the car here but not in my garage!!

wise policy though. give the underside a good once over before you take delivery to see if anything else may have been affected.

How did she look?

SLC

Good advice for sure- thanks! Other than that, and it being extemely dirty from shipment, it looked great! A few things I'm hoping- 1. The lot guys don't take her out in the menatime and beat on it, and 2. The spoiler gets here quick!

Congrats...looks great!

The chin spoiler is not a big deal to replace..if you had to choose some type of damage to your car..that would be a good thing to have!

I was relieved to see that it wasn't any painted part damage, or other serious damage. An easy fix for sure.

Today was a lot like waving a huge juicy steak in front of a dog and not giving it to him. LOL.

My chin spoiler was damaged during tansport as well. I didn't notice it until I got it home because the car was on the show room floor and the lighting didn't show the scratch, but it was very similar to what you show in your photo. Not as bad and little more toward the outer corner, but looks like it was probably caused by the same thing that caused yours. I wonder if its a strap or something that they use to secure the car to the trailor?

Today was a lot like waving a huge juicy steak in front of a dog and not giving it to him. LOL.

That is for sure!

My chin spoiler was damaged during transport as well. I didn't notice it until I got it home because the car was on the show room floor and the lighting didn't show the scratch, but it was very similar to what you show in your photo. Not as bad and little more toward the outer corner, but looks like it was probably caused by the same thing that caused yours. I wonder if its a strap or something that they use to secure the car to the trailer?

Mine had little marks on the rear plastic mud flaps...not deep at all..just marks...wasn't something that concerned me. It must be from the tie down straps or something like you say.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! Mine arrived the same way. Watched them take it off the truck........and they still scratched the bottom spolier and gouged the shit out of a wheel. The chin spoiler is from them not being carefull enough once in comes off the ramp to the ground. But I still took delivery immediately.......the ordered the spoiler and wheel and they both arrived 2 days later. No reason to not let you take it home -- I still have my extra chin spoiler wrapped in plastic in my basement -- it only scuffed the underneath so I'm saving the new one just in case!!

Edited by 2sharpie

Congrats on your new car....you will love it!! Your dealer can easily give you a due bill to replace the parts for free if you want to take her home right away...

Alex

They're telling me since it was damaged in transit that I can't take it until it gets fixed! Man this is frustrating!

They're telling me since it was damaged in transit that I can't take it until it gets fixed! Man this is frustrating!

Do yourself a favor and take a close look at your paint in direct sunlight. If your car was one of the cars that sat around the lot for a while odds are you have some swirl marks and you will want them polished before taking delivery. I picked mine up on a overcast day and the dealership lights were terrible. Once I got it home to the garage under the flourescents I noticed the light scratch marks. It was an easy fix for a proffessional detailer. I just didn't want to do it by hand nor did I want to learn how to use an orbital buffer on my new Shelby. Dealer picked up the tab for the polishing.

My chin spoiler/spiltter was damaged as well. Tiny chunk gone on bottom edge. They let me take it home, ordered new one and said they would pay to haul my car back to dealership to install. Very apologetic!. I took it home, received new spoiler in box and have on shelf. If I have a mis-hap I now have a spare. Damage was very small to original so I left it on. I have local friend has KR, ran over a blown truck tire on highway and destroyed his! I heard the price for OEM replacment carbon fiber for the KR spoiler and was blown away at price.

....and if they're still not letting you take it home, go there as soon as you can AND INSPECT THE SH*% OUT OF IT!!!!. This is a good opportunity to go through the entire thing, interior included. Even check things like the plastic on the pillars inside - my driver side had a scratch in it (a place most would probably not "inspect" prior to delivery). Take your time and look over the entire car!

nice color combo, our vert is has the flat black strippes................Our car had damage on the top of the driver's mirror, then I found scratching around the lower grill opening, as if the lower front grill was put in after the fact and scratched....still dont know why and how. Was able to buff most of it out but not all.

The passenger side rocker panel on my 2011 was damaged in-transit near the front wheel, as seen in this photo:

damagedrocker.jpg

I didn't notice until a friend pointed it out to me the next day after I took delivery. The dealership replaced the part free of charge to me, but they missed out on filing a claim on the shipper by not thoroughly inspecting the vehicle themselves.

The passenger side rocker panel on my 2011 was damaged in-transit near the front wheel, as seen in this photo:

damagedrocker.jpg

I didn't notice until a friend pointed it out to me the next day after I took delivery. The dealership replaced the part free of charge to me, but they missed out on filing a claim on the shipper by not thoroughly inspecting the vehicle themselves.

Yup my dealer missed out on my scratched rim and ended up having to eat $800 on a replacement.

Yea I can't really blame them- I understand why they're holding it. I just hate the fact it is sitting outside in 112 degree heat all day. My cars never see rain either, and it's monsoon season in phoenix. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow and I can pick it up tomorrow night!