TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Saying Goodbye...

My ex had a 370 Z, and I had an 08 Z06. She now has both headscratch.gif and I have a new Shelby happy%20feet.gif . It was a fun car to drive, tight lil sports car. Enjoy.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey OneTrick....don't let these guys bother you. You don't even have to explain why you did it. Just enjoy your new ride!!! For a minute I thought this was SVT Performance site, I had to make sure I was on TS. I give my buddy a hard time for getting his (now get this) Hyundai Genesis Coupe, he had a '97 Cobra. But in the end I'm just busting his chops for fun and he knows it. It's actually a nice ride, I just wouldn't ever buy one. You don't owe anyone here an explanation, and the OP owes you an apology for starting the stupid Traitor thread.

Go have fun in your new ride and don't even bother responding to this anymore!!!

Now those are the cars i HATE anything hyundai makes !!! Don't know why but i can't stand that brand period.Maybe cause they are cheap copy cat cars.

I'm confused by your logic, as every car I've ever driven has been capible of driving faster than the law would allow even my 87 Nissan Stanza, but conrgrats....I think :headscratch:

Those cars are prtty slick looking, not my cup of tea as I've always been an American Muscle kind of guy, but I wouldn't be completely apposed to rocking a 370.

Those racing stripes are a cop magnet and a dark color Z would be a little more stealth , don't you think. I did not have a ticket for 28 years until i started daily driving a Shelby 3 years ago. They do attract the cops.No longer is a Shelby my daily driver. Now i treat my Shelby like a TOY, i take it out once in awhile and play with it.

I am the same way. It is no way to live. I'm like that with almost all my cars. I am purchasing an 11 V6 for a DD though. Just cant beat it.

I'll be honest..I've thought of getting rid of mine too and just getting a V6 mustang. I worry about the car constantly too...to the point where I don't feel that I enjoy it any more. I had to leave the house to go somewhere with someone for about an hour today...the whole time I was gone, all I could do was think to myself..."Is my car okay?" I've not gone to places simply because I was afraid to leave my car somewhere...that's no way to live. I know there are others on here that are well off and are able to afford two cars..but I can barely afford one. So that's not an option for me.

Hope you will post pics of your new baby for us to see and you'll pop by to say hello from time to time.

Take care.

Hey OneTrick....don't let these guys bother you. You don't even have to explain why you did it. Just enjoy your new ride!!! For a minute I thought this was SVT Performance site, I had to make sure I was on TS. I give my buddy a hard time for getting his (now get this) Hyundai Genesis Coupe, he had a '97 Cobra. But in the end I'm just busting his chops for fun and he knows it. It's actually a nice ride, I just wouldn't ever buy one. You don't owe anyone here an explanation, and the OP owes you an apology for starting the stupid Traitor thread.

Go have fun in your new ride and don't even bother responding to this anymore!!!

Thanks for the nice comment. I sure feel like crap right now : :doh: Yes I've had second thoughts, its like breaking up with your girlfriend. I keep asking myself why, why did I have this urge to sell my favorite car :headscratch: . I can always buy another one again someday. I'll keep my eyes open for the newer models.

All in all, its just a car, right. I still have a beautiful wife and 9 year old son who love me, what could be more importrant than that!

Those racing stripes are a cop magnet and a dark color Z would be a little more stealth , don't you think. I did not have a ticket for 28 years until i started daily driving a Shelby 3 years ago. They do attract the cops.No longer is a Shelby my daily driver. Now i treat my Shelby like a TOY, i take it out once in awhile and play with it.

I was going to get a flashy color and then I realized how much negative attention it would attract. So I decided I wanted to go for a stealth look but didnt want to deal with the headache keeping a black car clean so I decided to go with the new for 2011 Ingot Silver with stripe delete and SVT. Sure it doesnt look as bad ass in stock form as one with stripes but eventually it will look like a jet fighter with suede finish on the paint. Most cop's dont even look my way when drive by them.

IMG_1889.jpg

I was going to get a flashy color and then I realized how much negative attention it would attract. So I decided I wanted to go for a stealth look but didnt want to deal with the headache keeping a black car clean so I decided to go with the new for 2011 Ingot Silver with stripe delete and SVT. Sure it doesnt look as bad ass in stock form as one with stripes but eventually it will look like a jet fighter with suede finish on the paint. Most cop's dont even look my way when drive by them.

IMG_1889.jpg

I think your car looks GREAT . I have never seen a silver stripe delete with dark wheels and WOW .

Wow, Yeah, looks nice, very unique. Might consider a lower GT500 rocker stripe.

What about no rocker panel stripe and only GT 500 in black ? With silver and those dark wheels you may never have to wash your car.

What about no rocker panel stripe and only GT 500 in black ? With silver and those dark wheels you may never have to wash your car.

Those wheels are the most evil things in the world....I spend more time cleaning my wheels than washing AND drying the car. They take forever!

The stripes are an attention getter for everyone including the cops for sure, something I really dont want. In the sun these stripes really stand out, I may whip out the heat gun soon..

IMG_1889.jpg

DAMN that is Gorgeous!!!!!!................Don't put any stripes on it!!!!!!!!!!

All in all, its just a car, right. I still have a beautiful wife and 9 year old son who love me, what could be more importrant than that!

I have a beautiful wife and a 9 year old son as well. However, the beautiful wife is about to be replaced with a better looking girlfriend. Unfortunately, that could spell the end of the Shelby. :cry:

As far as your logic on the trade - it's no good. If you "really" were concerned about avoiding tickets, and still get something fun to drive with a soul, I would have suggested a new Miata MX-5 with a retractable hardtop. I have a '95 that rattles like a POS, but when the weather is nice and the roads are ideal (which I'm sure you have a lot of in WA), I sometimes prefer it over the Shelby. And a new one would raise the joy-factor exponentially. I'd guess your Z will run at about 85% that of the Shelby, and that still spells speeding ticket performance in any book!

I know! Ive had the car for over a month now with 1,600 miles and have only washed it once. I clean the winshield and de-bug the front bumper using some spray detailer before I drive it. I LOVE having an easy car to keep clean especially when all the insects come out.

Those wheels are the most evil things in the world....I spend more time cleaning my wheels than washing AND drying the car. They take forever!

They do take a long time to clean but it could be MUCH worse. We lucked out and get painted rims that only take wheel cleaner and a T-shirt to make look 100% factory new, no polishing aluminum :yahoo:

Silver 3500 tow rig and silver Shelby, keepin it clean

P1020005.jpg

I'm about to have one of those...an ex that is. :happy feet:

How many years of marriage do you 2 have?

I'm sorry to hear this. Very sad deal. I hope you don't have kids.

How many years of marriage do you 2 have?

I'm sorry to hear this. Very sad deal. I hope you don't have kids.

16 years last month and a 9 year old son. I'm not really as excited as I'm making myself out to be, but it's a very mutual and civil decision...so far. LOL

We're both going to stay in town so we can each see our son daily, but so far there's very few details worked out. We're both staying in the same house (she sleeps upstairs) and still don't know when we'll put the house up for sale.

Thanks for the kind words, but I think everything will turn out fine (and for the better) in the long run.

I have a beautiful wife and a 9 year old son as well. However, the beautiful wife is about to be replaced with a better looking girlfriend. Unfortunately, that could spell the end of the Shelby. :cry:

As far as your logic on the trade - it's no good. If you "really" were concerned about avoiding tickets, and still get something fun to drive with a soul, I would have suggested a new Miata MX-5 with a retractable hardtop. I have a '95 that rattles like a POS, but when the weather is nice and the roads are ideal (which I'm sure you have a lot of in WA), I sometimes prefer it over the Shelby. And a new one would raise the joy-factor exponentially. I'd guess your Z will run at about 85% that of the Shelby, and that still spells speeding ticket performance in any book!

At least you're trading up. :hysterical:

All kidding aside, I went through two of them and it's hardest on kids. Just make them your priority and they'll be ok.

I am the same way. It is no way to live. I'm like that with almost all my cars. I am purchasing an 11 V6 for a DD though. Just cant beat it.

I'll be honest..I've thought of getting rid of mine too and just getting a V6 mustang. I worry about the car constantly too...to the point where I don't feel that I enjoy it any more. I had to leave the house to go somewhere with someone for about an hour today...the whole time I was gone, all I could do was think to myself..."Is my car okay?" I've not gone to places simply because I was afraid to leave my car somewhere...that's no way to live. I know there are others on here that are well off and are able to afford two cars..but I can barely afford one. So that's not an option for me.

Hope you will post pics of your new baby for us to see and you'll pop by to say hello from time to time.

Take care.

I've got the new 2010 F150 all cleaned up and detailed the Z too. If its nice tomorrow I'll take some pics and post.

Take care.

I'm still trying to console myself. I keep thinking about what I went through to get the GT500 and how excited I was. I miss the Shelby, but when I get home and look in the garage at the Z I feel a little better. I just didn't get to enjoy the car. I wanted so bad to go to the 4th Annual Meet & Greet at Rob's but it rained. I just couldn't bring myself to drive the car in the rain, it really bumbed me out. Well, at least I don't think of the Z as a collector car. Ao now I don't have to worry about it all the time, and its a mellower car and lot less tempting to rev up and grab a couple of gears.

16 years last month and a 9 year old son. I'm not really as excited as I'm making myself out to be, but it's a very mutual and civil decision...so far. LOL

We're both going to stay in town so we can each see our son daily, but so far there's very few details worked out. We're both staying in the same house (she sleeps upstairs) and still don't know when we'll put the house up for sale.

Thanks for the kind words, but I think everything will turn out fine (and for the better) in the long run.

16 years is allot of years. Have you thought about making another go of it? It's none of my business, but since you shared the information here, I have found myself uncomfortable / sad about your situation. I don't know you but I know that you 2 must of loved each other very much and maybe if someone helped you guys work things out, you could stay married. Don't give up yet.

Remember what you said:

Do you take BRIDE'S NAME to be your wife – to live together after God’s ordinance – in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon her your heart’s deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her as long as you both shall live?

I'm still trying to console myself. I keep thinking about what I went through to get the GT500 and how excited I was. I miss the Shelby, but when I get home and look in the garage at the Z I feel a little better. I just didn't get to enjoy the car. I wanted so bad to go to the 4th Annual Meet & Greet at Rob's but it rained. I just couldn't bring myself to drive the car in the rain, it really bumbed me out. Well, at least I don't think of the Z as a collector car. Ao now I don't have to worry about it all the time, and its a mellower car and lot less tempting to rev up and grab a couple of gears.

So that's really why you did not come! You missed saying good bye to a fallen soldier that was one of us. Not that it matters, but the drizzle went away at 10:30 and we had a dry day.

Back to worrying about our babies, I worry about the car every time she's out of the garage, check the forecast/radar, try to get the best parking spot, get a window seat in restaurants to keep an eye out, etc... to me that is the high maintenance part of nice car ownership, like a hot girlfriend, the solution is a daily driver beater. With the insurance multi car discount and gas savings the beater almost pays for itself :rolleyes:

As far as the Z, I owned a 280 and 300 and both were fun, great cars but absolutely no comparison to the Shelby, maybe a GT and that's a stretch IMO

The new 370Z is an awesome car, I would love to have one in additon to our Shelby. This is our 240Z (obviously not stock) that we have owned for about 15 years. It was freshly restored about 3 years ago. We love the Z's. Our last one was a 1990 300ZX twin turbo with Stillen stage 9. I still miss that car terribly. Had to sell it to pay off bills to buy a house.

I love my Shelby big time but that little 370Z looks like it would be a blast to drive....... :happy feet:

Aggie

DSC_0210_edited.jpg

DSC_0508.jpg

The new 370Z is an awesome car, I would love to have one in additon to our Shelby. This is our 240Z (obviously not stock) that we have owned for about 15 years. It was freshly restored about 3 years ago. We love the Z's. Our last one was a 1990 300ZX twin turbo with Stillen stage 9. I still miss that car terribly. Had to sell it to pay off bills to buy a house.

I love my Shelby big time but that little 370Z looks like it would be a blast to drive....... :happy feet:

Aggie

DSC_0210_edited.jpg

DSC_0508.jpg

Very very very nice!!! I had a 280ZX towards the end of high school that I dropped in a Chevy 350. Funny how it had more room than the inline 6. Joined the Navy, sold the car, and the new owner totaled it. :(

Very very very nice!!! I had a 280ZX towards the end of high school that I dropped in a Chevy 350. Funny how it had more room than the inline 6. Joined the Navy, sold the car, and the new owner totaled it. :(

Ouch..... I always hope that I will never ever see a car that I have sold let alone find out it was totalled!!

Thanks for the compliment, my husband and I love that little car..... :yup:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived