TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 vs Roush Stage 3 clip

Marc@Kentucky

I saw this video a while back. There are some inaccuracies. However, I do believe that the results of the comparisons may have very legitimate truth. The roush's are completely redone. everything is new. it is highly modified compared to the GT500. Now imagine....a GT500 modified like roush or saleens. ...The little brother GT500 would kick big brother GTs butt. lol :hysterical2: That is also a reason why not THAT much else was done to the GT500. It really would beat a car priced at double. In the end ALL stangs and Fords are the best

I saw this video a while back. There are some inaccuracies. However, I do believe that the results of the comparisons may have very legitimate truth. The roush's are completely redone. everything is new. it is highly modified compared to the GT500. Now imagine....a GT500 modified like roush or saleens. ...The little brother GT500 would kick big brother GTs butt. lol :hysterical2: That is also a reason why not THAT much else was done to the GT500. It really would beat a car priced at double. In the end ALL stangs and Fords are the best

To say it would kick the GTs rear might be a bit of a stretch. And i believe the brembos on the front currently are plenty. maybe just put some rear ones on there too for good measures. But with a racing upgrade to suspension, yea the car would be rediculous.

Convertable vs. coupe is the first mistake....and like one of you said this was a preproduction Shelby. HOWEVER, the compare of these two cars...2007 Shelby GT500 stock vs. 2007 Roush Stage 3 really did happen. The results of which will be published in The March/April Issue of Sports Car International. These are facts. The Shelby is mine and the Stage 3 came from Michigan (a manufacturer car) for this test drive. There was a highway section, road (145 mph on hwy 162....the Roush could not keep up and this is a bad thing to do) and then there was an informal drag and then a full out race on the road course. I saw the whole thing with my own eyes. I was driving the Roush myself chasing my Shelby down the Hwy! All other tests were done by professionals. The results I have yet to hear. Although I did see what happened. You will have to wait for the article but I don't think there are any surpises. We'll just say I'm glad the Shelby in in my garage and not the Roush.

PS. My brakes were toasted, but it was one of the funnest days of my life!!

Convertable vs. coupe is the first mistake....and like one of you said this was a preproduction Shelby. HOWEVER, the compare of these two cars...2007 Shelby GT500 stock vs. 2007 Roush Stage 3 really did happen. The results of which will be published in The March/April Issue of Sports Car International. These are facts. The Shelby is mine and the Stage 3 came from Michigan (a manufacturer car) for this test drive. There was a highway section, road (145 mph on hwy 162....the Roush could not keep up and this is a bad thing to do) and then there was an informal drag and then a full out race on the road course. I saw the whole thing with my own eyes. I was driving the Roush myself chasing my Shelby down the Hwy! All other tests were done by professionals. The results I have yet to hear. Although I did see what happened. You will have to wait for the article but I don't think there are any surpises. We'll just say I'm glad the Shelby in in my garage and not the Roush.

PS. My brakes were toasted, but it was one of the funnest days of my life!!

Way cool! Look forward to reading the details.

CC

Archived