85E EBONY STRIPE

852 WHITE STRIPE

854 WHITE STRIPE

95M MOOD LIGHTING

randy

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hot Damn, I knew it! 51H = HID HEADLAMPS!! OH YEA!!!! OEM HID'S FOR THE STANG, FINALLY. CAN YOU SAY RETROFIT?

:happy feet: :headspin: :happy feet: :headspin: :happy feet:

IWWTF mood lighting is?

Hot Damn, I knew it! 51H = HID HEADLAMPS!! OH YEA!!!! OEM HID'S FOR THE STANG, FINALLY. CAN YOU SAY RETROFIT?

:happy feet: :headspin: :happy feet: :headspin: :happy feet:

IWWTF mood lighting is?

Mood lighting is colored leds in the cup holders and floorboards that you can change what color they light up. Multiple ford lines are going to have it available. there is pictures online that show a 08 Focus with it in it.

Mood lighting is colored leds in the cup holders and floorboards that you can change what color they light up. Multiple ford lines are going to have it available. there is pictures online that show a 08 Focus with it in it.

No way, really? That sounds cool. I'll have to keep an eye out for that feature.

Thanks for the info!

Hmm? Might look pretty sharp. I wonder if you could do a Road Rage Red?

FROM THE FORD ORDERING GUIDE

2008 SHELBY GT500 Info.

Paint Options:

D3 TORCH RED CC

G5 ALLOY METALLIC

G9 VISTA BLUE CC

HP PERFOR WHITE CC

UA BLACK CC

U3 GRABBER ORANGE

ZY VAPOR CC MET

------------------------------------

some NEW Options:

31S MUSTANG VPC

317 SHP THRU-AMPORT

422 CALIF EMISSIONS

425 50 STATE EMISS

428 HI ALT PRIN USE

429 NON HI ALT USE

50S SAT RADIO W/6MO

51H HID HEADLAMPS

58X DVD NAV SYS

85A ALLOY STRIPE

85E EBONY STRIPE

852 WHITE STRIPE

854 WHITE STRIPE

95M MOOD LIGHTING

randy

From Blue Oval Forums yesterday....... 05fordgt (quote).I believe the order banks for 2008 Mustangs open up around late March, early April (I'll have to check on this). So the order guide should be out sometime within the next month or 2. The Bullitt will be a Job #2 build, not available till January 2008. Don't worry about the Boss. That isn't coming out till at least 2009. As fot the GT/CS, the rumor is that there will be some sort special badging for the California Special, since it is the 40th anniversary of the package. Hope this helps.

From Blue Oval Forums yesterday....... 05fordgt (quote).I believe the order banks for 2008 Mustangs open up around late March, early April (I'll have to check on this). So the order guide should be out sometime within the next month or 2. The Bullitt will be a Job #2 build, not available till January 2008. Don't worry about the Boss. That isn't coming out till at least 2009. As fot the GT/CS, the rumor is that there will be some sort special badging for the California Special, since it is the 40th anniversary of the package. Hope this helps.

what color is VAPOR? & can I down load the info file yet?

Welcome Harley... great first post! Hope you stick around. ;)

----

Btw, the "mood lighting" is a result of an extensive study ford did showing how the feel and proportions of a space are affected by the location of accent lighting as in commercial spaces etc. The 'tests' drew positive responses on concepts. I think we'll see much more of this in the future, especially on upscale models to define the space and render a refined 'cockpit' feel to the interior -- at least I think that's the focus of it.

------

Vapor? ...sounds like a '07-'08 camaro color :hysterical2: <couldn't resist>

:hysterical: That's because 'Vapor' is all the Camaro/Challenger will see of the Shelby! :hysterical:

Maybe for the Challenger, but that's not going to be the case with the Camaro! I'm not a Chevy guy, I'm buying a 08 Shelby, but when the Camaro comes out, the SC version will beat the Shelby, stock VS stock and Modded VS modded. It's simple more Cubes! I know this for a fact!

Tim

Maybe for the Challenger, but that's not going to be the case with the Camaro! I'm not a Chevy guy, I'm buying a 08 Shelby, but when the Camaro comes out, the SC version will beat the Shelby, stock VS stock and Modded VS modded. It's simple more Cubes! I know this for a fact!

Tim

The Camaro top speed is still limited to 40mph -- no 'facts' yet <lol>

One things for sure -- it will be far easier and chaeper to kick-up a Shelby than a Camy-- $1200 gets you 120-150HP on the Shelby -- NA Camy ain't gonna see that cheaply! If you add a s/c to the Camy, then, sure, cubes prevail -- but that costs a bunch more.

;)

The Camaro top speed is still limited to 40mph -- no 'facts' yet <lol>

One things for sure -- it will be far easier and chaeper to kick-up a Shelby than a Camy-- $1200 gets you 120-150HP on the Shelby -- NA Camy ain't gonna see that cheaply! If you add a s/c to the Camy, then, sure, cubes prevail -- but that costs a bunch more.

;)

The Camaro will come with a Factory Super Charger just like the Shelby. If you make the same changes to the Camaro as the Shelby, the camaro will still have more hp due to more Cubes.

4.6 03/04 Cobra VS 5.4 Shelby VS 6.something Camaro. Not to mention the Camaro will be slightly lighter than the Shelby.

Think what you want, but I do have all the facts on the Camaro, just like I did with the Shelby.

So in time you will see that I'm correct!

Tim

The Camaro will come with a Factory Super Charger just like the Shelby. If you make the same changes to the Camaro as the Shelby, the camaro will still have more hp due to more Cubes.

4.6 03/04 Cobra VS 5.4 Shelby VS 6.something Camaro. Not to mention the Camaro will be slightly lighter than the Shelby.

Think what you want, but I do have all the facts on the Camaro, just like I did with the Shelby.

Tim

I hadn't heard the camy would be s/c or lighter. I thought it will ship with the LS2, then, soon after, the LS7. I know the new 'vette will be s/c or turbo, but if what you say is true (and I'm not saying it isn't) it will be validation of the genius of John Coletti and the '03 Termie blueprint he so painfully sold Ford on.

We already know GM/DCX are follwing Ford's lead on making the cars expressly for the aftermarket as Ford has since '03, they are already greasing the SEMA aftermarket suppliers using Ford as the blueprint, so it makes a lot of sense for them to also go the s/c route too -- just hadn't heard that.

Ok, so, if you know more on this let's hear it -- come on, now, ...spill your guts to us, LR01 ...inquiring minds want to know! What's the camy gonna be like?????? Do they have anything diferent and creative up their sleeve that they didn't copy from Ford? <lol>

Tim

Tim, I know you, and I don't doubt what you know about the Camaro. I'm assuming you're talking about the top of the line SS.

I'm not too worried, I'm sure that the Chebby dealers will keep these out of the hands of real enthusiasts (think 'ADM' ) for at least a few years. :hysterical:

Proof is in the pudding, though. When I see the SS on the street, in production, and under weight, I'll believe it.

I am true blue Ford, but that's another car that gets me pretty excited. For sure, the Challenger ain't no Challenger, but the S/C'd Camaro would be......very interesting.

Why dont you guys think the challenger will offer much of a challenge lol but the camaro will?

Im shocked and hurt the chevy will offer a factory blown camaro...that was the only advantage Ford had. Boy, I guess Chevy will lead again in pony car performance.

Well, I gota say, if I don't find a gt500 for msrp or less by the time the SS comes out, I may have to switch brands :( assuming the SS does not fetch huge adm's.

If Ford (lawyer) have any B___'s. That would dust off those 6.8 DOHC heads update them to 2000 R, 2005-6 GT 2007 GT500 spec Heads and stuff that 6.8 DOHC cammer in a 2008KR cobra and quit pussy footing arround. YYYYYAAAAAAAHHHHHHHOOOOOOO

If Ford (lawyer) have any B___'s. That would dust off those 6.8 DOHC heads update them to 2000 R, 2005-6 GT 2007 GT500 spec Heads and stuff that 6.8 DOHC cammer in a 2008KR cobra and quit pussy footing arround. YYYYYAAAAAAAHHHHHHHOOOOOOO

Wow, You have been Lurking since Oct 05 and now you come out of the closet with that.

Welcome aboard.

Welcome, Jim!...

I'm having some difficulty understanding your post, Jim... 6.8 DOHC heads?? Can you take another shot at what you meant for us?

A V-10 6.8 DOHC a 2 cylinder extension of the 5.4. Kinda like what the 390 is to the 428CJ that they put in the CJ and the orignal GT-500 KR. 335 horses my (backside).

One of the reason the 5.4 V-8 and 6.8 V-10 are great tuck engines is there are overstroke i.e. 3.552 on the bore and 4.165 stroke. The stroke is longer than the bore is in diameter.

The closest contenders are the 400 4.00 x 4.00 then the 428 4.13 x 3.98.

ops forgot the oil burner all Power Strokes are overstokes engines :ohsnap:

Hopefully you now see were I was going.

A V-10 6.8 DOHC a 2 cylinder extension of the 5.4. Kinda like what the 390 is to the 428CJ that they put in the CJ and the orignal GT-500 KR. 335 horses my (backside).

One of the reason the 5.4 V-8 and 6.8 V-10 are great tuck engines is there are overstroke i.e. 3.552 on the bore and 4.165 stroke. The stroke is longer than the bore is in diameter.

The closest contenders are the 400 4.00 x 4.00 then the 428 4.13 x 3.98.

ops forgot the oil burner all Power Strokes are overstokes engines :ohsnap:

Hopefully you now see were I was going.

I see... the V10 is certainly an option and fits int he Mustang engine bay (fits in the Ford GT engine bay too ;-) -- like Ford showed in the 427 concept and the Cobra concept. Well, at tleast we know the basic engineering's been done -- the V10 in the Cobra concept was rated at 610HP NA, I think -- not too shabby ;-) Of course V10s are notoriously hard to balance -- and the exhaust note tends to sound like crap as in the Viper -- but are certainly viable.

I really prefer oversquare designs like the old 289/302. Even the old 427 was a bit oversquare. The new H/Boss will have greater bore-spacing to permit more cubes with higher revs and without the steep rod angles and high piston speeds of the 5.4 mod. The 5.4 mod and the Chevy LS7 are both pushing the limits of stroke for their architecture for production 150K motors. The H/Boss will give alot of needed relief, imo. You get a lot of torque potential with the longer stroke, but excessive rod angles and piston speed precludes a hi-revving motor. That's why if you took the rev limiter off the old Boss302 it went easily to 7800rpm and beyond. Even the 4.6 mod is happy at 6,800 but the 5.4 is pushing piston speed at 6300 or so.

But, yeah, in the interim, I would not mind 650HP factory s/c 6.8 DOHC V10 mod that JLT and Evo would help us kick up to 750-800rwHP <lol> Hello, Tremec? Need a TR7080 please ;)

Guys I love to tell you all everything I know, but I can't! Sorry Steve Saleen screwed up a few months ago when he released some info on the new Camaros. I can tell you he was right! GM is has big plans for the Camaro.

If you do a search using my name over on SVTperformance and here, you'll see I gave some info out about the Camaro a long time ago! Most is still good! Some things have changed, but not much!

Chuck ask-Why dont you guys think the challenger will offer much of a challenge lol but the camaro will?

You can tune a GT 500 and pick up enough HP to beat the Challenger. If Mopar decides to make Cuda, then both GM and Ford are in trouble!

Tim

Archived