TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Waiting for stripes

Naa-V-Doc

I know issues have been stated over and over and over again. And, it's like :beatdeadhorse: but what I have not read is time frame on getting the Strips. I am going into my 6 month and that seems a tad long! GT350's being striped / Painted/fitted etc, and here I or we sit WAITING. You would think an update to the person(s) that have put in a claim would be warranted. If possible, please respond by letting me (US) know how long has it taken you, or are still waiting, to get your stripes.

Thanks in advance, Doc

I know issues have been stated over and over and over again. And, it's like :beatdeadhorse: but what I have not read is time frame on getting the Strips. I am going into my 6 month and that seems a tad long! GT350's being striped / Painted/fitted etc, and here I or we sit WAITING. You would think an update to the person(s) that have put in a claim would be warranted. If possible, please respond by letting me (US) know how long has it taken you, or are still waiting, to get your stripes.

Thanks in advance, Doc

somebody is hosing you...I put my claim in less than 6 months ago and my car is already restriped....in fact the car was finished in April......

I would call BS on whomever has been making you wait 6 months and escalate from there.

I wont go into detail at the present time but I can tell you from experience that its most likely as Wicked says and you are getting the run around. I would call the onwer of the dealership and have a conversation. And I dont know when your warranty is up but Id make sure you do it before then. After then its a major PITA getting them to make it happen. Once my situation is resolved Ill go into more detail. Good luck.

And long time no see Michael! :beerchug:

I wont go into detail at the present time but I can tell you from experience that its most likely as Wicked says and you are getting the run around. I would call the onwer of the dealership and have a conversation. And I dont know when your warranty is up but Id make sure you do it before then. After then its a major PITA getting them to make it happen. Once my situation is resolved Ill go into more detail. Good luck.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are right - long time no see. Just been busy. Thanks for writing and can't wait for the Paul Harvey moment.

Doc :salute:

I would call the Ford Warranty Line and cut the dealer out. They can tell you, as they did me, if the dealer has placed an order and when. In my case the dealer hadn't as the stripes were to replace some they messed up so they were on their dime and the cost from SAI was $$$$ so they were trying to find a match and get some made. :finger:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are right - long time no see. Just been busy. Thanks for writing and can't wait for the Paul Harvey moment.

Doc :salute:

:beerchug:

I would call the Ford Warranty Line and cut the dealer out. They can tell you, as they did me, if the dealer has placed an order and when. In my case the dealer hadn't as the stripes were to replace some they messed up so they were on their dime and the cost from SAI was $$$$ so they were trying to find a match and get some made. :finger:

Oh trust me I did. I am not one to keep my mouth shut. LOL I am now being taken care of and parts have been ordered. Lets just say an employee of the dealer I was working with didnt do his job. Its probably why he isnt there anymore, which had noting to do with this incident I am told. I hope to be taking the car down next week finally to get the scoop and stripes done :beerchug:

That is correct. But they are pretty easy to match. I did.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I e-mailed Roger about this situation. I believe I (and many others) have been more than understanding. Next step is to write the new CEO. Why does it have to come to this... You would think, customer retainment, in these ECOM. times would be in the fore front.

Doc 07SGT2930

somebody is hosing you...I put my claim in less than 6 months ago and my car is already restriped....in fact the car was finished in April......

I would call BS on whomever has been making you wait 6 months and escalate from there.

I'm with Wickster on this one. You're getting a run around. I made arrangements with my dealership back in March. I took pictures for them so they could have everything in line when I scheduled to have the warranty work done this past May. It took about a month and a half but I'm suppose to pick it up early next week. And yes the scoop was done, too. All under warranty. Maybe because the miles were so low on it. (994.5 miles when I pulled into the dealership)

Wick - insert funny comment about the milage here! :hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my car in April, The stripes were damaged and faded with spots on them. I took the car down to my local Ford Dealer and tried to get them warrantied. They told me the same thing as molinaro78. But with me calling them daily and being on there butt I am going to get a new hood scoop and front Bumper Stripe......These parts came in and WOW there was a huge difference in the color of the stripes. Man i was pissed. I told them I was not going to let them put those parts on with out the other stripes being warrantied. My body shop manager called Ford Racing and they said they have extended the warranty to 3yr 36,000 with extenuating circumstances. They said to take pics of the car with the new stripe next to the old stripes. We received a call on Friday saying Ford Racing approved the claim and warranty. So finally we are going to have all new stripes on our car.

Just don't let down and fight for it. I told the guy people don't buy Shelby's for them to look like crap and this guy finally helped me out.

I'm waiting for my stripes, they told me 25 days to get them here. I'm getting the hood and top stripes but they won't give me the trunk or bumper ones so I hope they match or it will look bad. Now you have me worried.

Coldfingers

Yeah the answer I received is that the stripes are covered for only 1yr/12k miles. So I guess I'll have to stick with the car looking like complete shit

There are some reasonable aftermarket stripe sets available, rather than buying from Shelby. I did a restripe in August of last year, the stripes were around 250 for a full set including the sides and a graphics shop put them on for another 300, which included removal, which can be a challange if they are baked on.

GG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I e-mailed Roger about this situation. I believe I (and many others) have been more than understanding. Next step is to write the new CEO. Why does it have to come to this... You would think, customer retainment, in these ECOM. times would be in the fore front.

Doc 07SGT2930

Your information was forwarded along to the proper parties the day you sent me your message.

Roger

:beerchug:

Oh trust me I did. I am not one to keep my mouth shut. LOL I am now being taken care of and parts have been ordered. Lets just say an employee of the dealer I was working with didnt do his job. Its probably why he isnt there anymore, which had noting to do with this incident I am told. I hope to be taking the car down next week finally to get the scoop and stripes done :beerchug:

About time! You are alive! :)

Roger

Archived